Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Response to that Stanford rape horror show

Started by Sandra Craft, June 09, 2016, 12:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on June 10, 2016, 08:29:34 AM
Quote from: No one on June 10, 2016, 05:47:21 AM
Personally, I think we should take all the rapists, child molesters, and murders incarcerated now and give the a one way trip to the desert. Where a massive hole has been dug.  Throw them all in and bulldoze the hole over, while they are still breathing.

Good idea. But only if you are prepared to join them as you too will be a bona fide murderer. How many innocent people would you kill? Just one of them and you'd be no better than the worst of them.

I admire your total faith in the US judicial system.

Yes but a certain amount of those buried in the desert would have been released and re-offended, so you by quashing No ones' worthy plan are responsible for a whole bunch of murders, rapes and child molestations.
An innocent locked up for life with a bunch of murderers and rapists or buried in a hole, I might well choose the hole.
And I don't think you really admire his faith in the US judicial system.

When I was a nipper I was told, you don't hit girls, I questioned a lot of accepted wisdom but not that.
Maybe that's sexist but I'd have taught it if I'd had sons.
[gif of the big bald guy from the Hogfather, "Our mam said don't hit girls"]
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 10, 2016, 11:46:01 AM
Personally, I think we should take all the rapists, child molesters, and murders incarcerated now and give the a one way trip to the desert. Where a massive hole has been dug.  Throw them all in and bulldoze the hole over, while they are still breathing.

Good idea. But only if you are prepared to join them as you too will be a bona fide murderer. How many innocent people would you kill? Just one of them and you'd be no better than the worst of them.

Yes but a certain amount of those buried in the desert would have been released and re-offended, so you by quashing No ones' worthy plan are responsible for a whole bunch of murders, rapes and child molestations.
An innocent locked up for life with a bunch of murderers and rapists or buried in a hole, I might well choose the hole.

When I was a nipper I was told, you don't hit girls, I questioned a lot of accepted wisdom but not that.
I realise the 'hole in the ground' is not a serious proposition. But going from a though process idea the death sentence is never acceptable, however distasteful the crime, because the state should never have the right of life and death over its citizens.

And of course how would the relatives of the innocent people you advocate killing feel?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on June 10, 2016, 12:34:51 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 10, 2016, 11:46:01 AM

I realise the 'hole in the ground' is not a serious proposition. But going from a though process idea the death sentence is never acceptable, however distasteful the crime, because the state should never have the right of life and death over its citizens.

And of course how would the relatives of the innocent people you advocate killing feel?

A degree worse than what they'd feel if they were jailed for life perhaps.
How do the relatives of violent offenders, the wife say,  feel when a violent offender is released to put her in hospital again, bugger her children again?

I'm not advocating for now, that'll have to wait until I've take control the judicial system and its sorted out.

That bold bit is just a personal conviction, it doesn't convince of anything other than that you've come to a conclusion.
Is it OK for states to kill the people of other states?

Ah ha, don't listen to them No one, you're a soldier.

No one

As I have said,  if you go out of your way to intentionally harm another human being, you forfeit your right to be one.
I have ZERO pity for them.  I have absolutely no pity for their families. Too bad,  so sad,  bye, bye!

I can tell you this, if someone intentionally harmed someone I care about, I would kill them! Without a second thought.  Their death would be long, slow,  and excruciatingly painful!

Davin

Quote from: No one on June 10, 2016, 02:48:58 PM
As I have said,  if you go out of your way to intentionally harm another human being, you forfeit your right to be one.
I have ZERO pity for them.  I have absolutely no pity for their families. Too bad,  so sad,  bye, bye!
I somewhat agree that if a person decides to harm another that they forfeit some rights. Rapists and murderers are those I think need the most amount of separation from society. However, even just a cursory search into the justice system (any justice system), should reveal how inaccurate it is. So many innocent people have been killed. People that didn't do the crimes they were convicted of were executed by the state.

Also here, the woman killed her fifth husband, I would say in self defense. And she was convicted of murder and executed. Too bad. So sad. bye, bye. No pity for her.

Quote from: No oneI can tell you this, if someone intentionally harmed someone I care about, I would kill them! Without a second thought.  Their death would be long, slow,  and excruciatingly painful!
As in the case above, if the abusive husband had been your brother, you would have killed the battered woman slowly and painfully. Good call.

Now let's look at another case of convicted murderer being executed, Cameron Todd Willingham

The facts are:
There was an expert witness that confirmed that the fire that killed his family was set intentionally.
He lied about going back in to try and save the youngest kids.
He was found at the scene of the fire.
He was convicted of starting that fire.

If it had been your sister, after hearing the expert, and all the people that pointed to him as a murderer, you would likely have slowly tortured this man to death.

However, things get bad, because the supposed expert was using outdated, bad, and scientifically inaccurate methods to determine the cause of the fire. Too bad. So sad. Bye, bye.

An innocent man. You would have put an innocent man through a slow and painful death when he didn't do anything wrong. Too bad. So sad. Bye, bye.

I'm not a bleeding heart, though I do have empathy, but we as a society have to admit our limited abilities to determine the truth. I am not willing to murder innocent people, and it frankly frightens me that you and other people are willing to kill innocent people with ZERO pity.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Davin

I wonder too, what No one or Bad Penny II would do, if the state murdered someone close to them. Do they then slowly and painfully torture the state to death even though the state was doing what No one and Bad Penny II wanted? Or just accept the loss of their family member? And if it were them that were wrongly convicted of rape or murder?

Or is Bad Penny II just putting in low effort posts just get people to respond to it for its own amusement? In other words: is Bad Penny II trolling?

Oh well, I went too far off topic myself anyway.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Davin on June 10, 2016, 03:51:36 PM
I wonder too, what No one or Bad Penny II would do, if the state murdered someone close to them. Do they then slowly and painfully torture the state to death even though the state was doing what No one and Bad Penny II wanted? Or just accept the loss of their family member? And if it were them that were wrongly convicted of rape or murder?

Or is Bad Penny II just putting in low effort posts just get people to respond to it for its own amusement? In other words: is Bad Penny II trolling?

Oh well, I went too far off topic myself anyway.

What I do at my best can easily be confused by the easily confused as trolling, but it's actually capering.

Davin

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 10, 2016, 04:17:44 PM
Quote from: Davin on June 10, 2016, 03:51:36 PM
Looks like it.

Asmodean

I can tell you this, if someone intentionally harmed someone I care about, I would kill them! Without a second thought.  Their death would be long, slow,  and excruciatingly painful!
That assumes that they are not far more dangerous than you. It's not unlikely that you would be the one treated to a slow, painful death.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 10, 2016, 04:17:44 PMWhat I do at my best can easily be confused by the easily confused as trolling, but it's actually capering.
After the edit.

I have no problem with that, but since you don't seem be able to do it while carrying on a rational conversation, I guess my best course of action will just be to ignore you.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Asmodean on June 10, 2016, 04:33:13 PM
That assumes that they are not far more dangerous than you. It's not unlikely that you would be the one treated to a slow, painful death.

No way, we'd form up posse and hunt down No one's transgressors and make sausages of their more palatable bits.
That's what a forum does pilgrim.

Asmodean

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 10, 2016, 04:46:53 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on June 10, 2016, 04:33:13 PM

No way, we'd form up posse and hunt down No one's transgressors and make sausages of their more palatable bits.
That's what a forum does pilgrim.
Screw that.

Ok, time for The Asmo's Spookily-Divine Revenge School, lesson one.

Revenge is at its finest when you can ruin someone's life without exposing yourself. A Mona Lisa of vengeance is when you also do not break a single law (technically, as that may be) doing it. It takes a special kind of person to do it right. If you know you are not one such, yet you are determined to go forth, the best way is to contact someone who is.

If you jump straight to killing, by the way, you are not the kind of person I describe. There is less mess in getting your target into massive trouble with the law, getting them fired and preferably unhireable, breaking up their relationships, getting their kids taken away... The list of hands-off ways of fucking people up is near-endless. Besides, they give you the almost certain advantage og you not ending up just another victim of the bad, bad person who hurt your loved one(s).

If you do go it alone, don't act on emotion - research your target. Research your exit strategies. Spend a lot of time contemplating how your target may get the satisfaction of foiling your righteous vengeance and make contingency plans.

It's a process, and it's not simple. It can, however, give you some massive endorphin boosts. Especially on success.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Davin on June 10, 2016, 04:38:56 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 10, 2016, 04:17:44 PMWhat I do at my best can easily be confused by the easily confused as trolling, but it's actually capering.
After the edit.

I have no problem with that, but since you don't seem be able to do it while carrying on a rational conversation, I guess my best course of action will just be to ignore you.

But I am so often the spark, you're all such a boring bunch of dried up old husks

Tom62

You can also eliminate the bad guys with the drone attack. Advantages: no need for any expensive, long trials and killing innocent people is just collateral damage.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein