News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Study of Atheists and Spirituality

Started by jmreinoehl, May 31, 2016, 05:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmreinoehl

Good afternoon!

I am seeking participants for a study of atheists and spirituality for my master's thesis at Ball State University. The study involves a survey with questions about spirituality and demographic information that takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. To be eligible to participate, you must be 18 years of age or older, live in the United States, and identify as an atheist.

Click the link below to participate:

https://bsu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4UgWPv1zzmkTnoN

There is also an optional interview portion that participants may agree to take part in. The interview will take approximately one hour to complete, and will be conducted via telephone or in-person. It includes questions regarding spirituality, atheism, and practices related to these identities.

If you would like more information about the study, please contact:

Investigator Jordan Reinoehl at jmreinoehl@bsu.edu

Thank you!

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Here's their homepage: BSU.  I looked up their Wiki page too -- David Letterman went there.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

The author of the questionnaire has sent me a copy and it all looks above board.
If you answer the questionnaire please don't give details or comment on it here.

Jordan

When is the final date to reply to the questionnaire?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Velma

That's a good question, Tank. I'd like to take a look at it after I get home. However, I still not sure when that will be.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Icarus

Ball State is a real University, not a Liberty look alike. It is a legitimate outfit.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on June 01, 2016, 12:31:27 AM
Ball State is a real University, not a Liberty look alike. It is a legitimate outfit.
Thanks Icarus.

jmreinoehl

Ball State is a major state university in Indiana - I'm surprised it seems to be so unknown! But I promise it's real, and the research has been approved by my institution's research board.

There is no set end date to reply yet - if I had to choose a date, it would be the end of August most likely.

Tank

Quote from: jmreinoehl on June 01, 2016, 05:42:57 PM
Ball State is a major state university in Indiana - I'm surprised it seems to be so unknown! But I promise it's real, and the research has been approved by my institution's research board.

There is no set end date to reply yet - if I had to choose a date, it would be the end of August most likely.
Once you have collected your data would it be ok to publish your questionnaire here? No, is a perfectly acceptable answer.