News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Coulsdon Spanker Gets Six Years

Started by Recusant, May 12, 2016, 01:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Over the past couple of years I've restrained myself from posting several stories about the antics of self-righteous fruitcakes, but this one breaks my resolve.

"Howard Curtis: Pastor who spanked women in his congregation for sexual pleasure is jailed" | Croydon Advertiser

QuoteA Coulsdon pastor found guilty of spanking women in his congregation for sexual pleasure has been jailed.

Howard Curtis, 73, was unanimously found guilty of six counts of sexual assault and two counts of child cruelty on March 24, after a four-week trial at Croydon Crown Court.

At the same court today, Judge Peter Gower QC ordered that Curtis, former minister of Coulsdon Christian Fellowship, in be jailed for six years and sign the sex offender register for life.

Judge Gower said: "These are serious offences involving a gross abuse of the trust that was invested in you, and in your position in the church. Indeed, custody is inevitable."

His barrister's shameless comments deserve notice as well.

QuoteJulia Flanagan, mitigating, said her client was "thought of highly" by the many people he had helped as pastor over the years.

"He's in many respects a genuinely spiritual and religious man, and in many respects he is a good man," she told Judge Gower.

"Helping his community, that's what he tried to do for forty years.

"He does want me to say to the court that he is sorry that his actions have caused harm or upset to anyone."

But Judge Gower said Curtis's expression of remorse were "somewhat hollow" after his not guilty pleas.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

Everyone is sorry after they get caught. Perhaps in the Stoney Lonesome,  the cell block Dr. will make some house calls and force this guy to swallow his own medicine.

Sandra Craft

Would love to hear the spiel with which he convinced women that getting naked and spanked by him was god's will. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

According to another story I read about this, he used different methods with different women. Of course the old stand-by "driving out evil spirits," as well as something he called " 'Christian Domestic Discipline', to punish her for what he perceived was a lack of femininity and also to apparently improve her sex life."
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Recusant on May 12, 2016, 05:46:11 AM
According to another story I read about this, he used different methods with different women. Of course the old stand-by "driving out evil spirits," as well as something he called " 'Christian Domestic Discipline', to punish her for what he perceived was a lack of femininity and also to apparently improve her sex life."

Quote. . . she described the practise as sending her into a "trance-like state".

Now there's a red flag if ever there was one.  I'll bet anything what she's talking about is disassociation -- disconnecting yourself from your current reality in order to endure it.
Sandy

Bad Penny II

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 12, 2016, 05:33:34 AM
Would love to hear the spiel with which he convinced women that getting naked and spanked by him was god's will.

Why Books?
Why would you love to here that?
I don't think anyone should know of that spiel as it would only corrupt them
I'd say cast that spiel into fires of Mount Doom if it wasn't acting a ornery.
I'm forming a celibate order dedicated to the defence of the spanking spiel.
If any think themselves worthy, are ready to dedicate their lives, PM me.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 12, 2016, 02:23:28 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 12, 2016, 05:33:34 AM

Why Books?
Why would you love to here that?

Because I love crazy stories.
Sandy

Ecurb Noselrub

At the risk of being branded, I must ask, why do some people like getting spanked? It usually seems to be women, but not always. I don't get it, not that my thoughts mean anything.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 13, 2016, 02:40:03 AM
At the risk of being branded, I must ask, why do some people like getting spanked? It usually seems to be women, but not always. I don't get it, not that my thoughts mean anything.

I'm told it has something to do with nerve endings in the backside, and how close they are to the genitals, tho I'm sure that can't be all there is to it.
Sandy

Magdalena

At the risk of being branded, I must ask, why do some people like to spank? It usually seems to be men, but not always. I don't get it, not that my thoughts mean anything.
;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Good question.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on May 13, 2016, 04:32:46 AM
At the risk of being branded, I must ask, why do some people like to spank? It usually seems to be men, but not always. I don't get it, not that my thoughts mean anything.
;D

I see it as providing a valuable service.  I'm well paid because of my excellent spanking technique.  But I still don't understand why my clients want the service I provide.  I'm in it for the money, but their motivation is a mystery to me.

By the way, you can check out my website at www.ecurbs wanky spanky. com.

Pasta Chick

Ecurb Noselrub

Pasta Chick