News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Hello everyone.

Started by Hardvark, April 10, 2016, 03:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardvark

Hi, I just joined up, I am an atheist who keeps getting told to " shut up about religion " need a place to come and vent off from time to time :D 

xSilverPhinx

Welcome to the forum, Hardvark! Want to vent? You've come to the right place -- there are many people who are in the same situation as you. :smilenod:

Were you always an atheist?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Welcome aboard!

Feel free to vent!  :grin:

Where on this pale blue dot do you live?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Hi Hardvark! Thankfully there are lots of people here that will patiently listen to venting. Seriously, this place is so much cheaper than therapy.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Claireliontamer

Arturo

Helloooo Hardvark. Is that a combination between aardvark and Harvard?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Hello and welcome Hardervark.

I've always been amazed how the religious folks who have no issues at all preaching and proselytizing their religion, whether on missions to 3rd world countries, banging on doors or passing out their tracts and pamphlets outside sports events can be so put off when an atheist starts to discuss religion, faith and/or god.

Suddenly they get sensitive to opposing views, and want to know how you dare to say such things. Don't you know they will say, that you are upsetting people with such talk?

If you don't believe than please stay quiet...

Stay quiet...or leave.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Hardvark

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 10, 2016, 03:23:08 PM
Welcome to the forum, Hardvark! Want to vent? You've come to the right place -- there are many people who are in the same situation as you. :smilenod:

Were you always an atheist?
Pretty much yes, I've never had much time for religion or the supernatural, Had some fun over the years laughing about belief systems, as I get older I feel the need to be a lot more vocal about my non belief in nonsense, but I get a lot of eye rolling and closing of ears by people who still want to believe in the 'good bits' of religion, as if spending a supposed eternity in the presence of a monster is a good bit.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome ;D 

Hardvark

Quote from: Tank on April 10, 2016, 03:38:41 PM
Welcome aboard!

I am in the North West of England (unfortunately) ;)

Hardvark

Quote from: Apathy on April 10, 2016, 07:10:07 PM
Helloooo Hardvark. Is that a combination between aardvark and Harvard?
Nah, It's from the old joke....What do you call an aardvark that has just been beaten up?.......A vark. ;)

Hardvark

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 10, 2016, 07:30:26 PM
Hello and welcome Hardervark.

I've always been amazed how the religious folks who have no issues at all preaching and proselytizing their religion, whether on missions to 3rd world countries, banging on doors or passing out their tracts and pamphlets outside sports events can be so put off when an atheist starts to discuss religion, faith and/or god.

Suddenly they get sensitive to opposing views, and want to know how you dare to say such things. Don't you know they will say, that you are upsetting people with such talk?

If you don't believe than please stay quiet...

Stay quiet...or leave.
Exactly.

Hardvark

Thanks everyone for the welcome. ;D

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Hardvark on April 10, 2016, 09:19:04 PM
Welcome aboard!

Oooo whereabouts? I'm near Chester.

Hardvark

Quote from: Claireliontamer on April 10, 2016, 09:31:21 PM
Quote from: Hardvark on April 10, 2016, 09:19:04 PM
Welcome aboard!

Oooo whereabouts? I'm near Chester.
Near Chester myself, small world eh.. :)

Hardvark

I'm off to North Wales tomorrow for a few days, so I will be back Friday..