News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hellooo everyone

Started by Arturo, April 02, 2016, 01:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

I'm Apathy. I'm not quiet an atheist but I'm on the way there. I would think I am an agnostic with a strong atheist lean. I hope we can all get along and watch this cat fall into potatoes.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and people say I look like Jeff Goldblum.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Buddy

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll fit in around here if you use enough gifs. ;)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Hi Apathy, and welcome to the forum. I think many of us here have been at the point you find yourself with regards to atheism and straddling the line between agnosticism and atheism.

Then one day you wake up and you realize, hey...I'm a fucking atheist. Cool.

By the way we do have one rule here at the forum, and that is no pictures of kats or nuns are allowed, whether it's a cutesy gif, or a funny meme.

So remember no kats, no nuns. Period. (Even if like your gif the kat is being tortured by being dipped in hot potatoes)

By the way you do remind me of Jeff Goldblum now that you mention it....I liked him in his early days, when he was in the "Bill Chill", or "The Right Stuff", now he's kinda weird.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Nam

People say I look like a potato.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Magdalena

Oh, my Asmo! You look like the black shinny leather pants-wearing, lady-killing mathematician who is obsessed with the essence of chaos, Dr. Ian Malcolm?

Quote from: Apathy on April 02, 2016, 01:55:29 AM

Wow! A GIF in an introduction!

Nice!

That is the best GIF I've seen in a long time, around here.

Welcome, Apathy:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Hi  :grin:

Sorted your .gif link.

I'm a never-theist atheist so I watch with amazement, and not a little pleasure, when I see a theist shrug off the cloak of superstition and find the atheist underneath.

Welcome to HAF.

Chris.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Nam on April 02, 2016, 04:44:11 AM

-Nam

Thick cut or French fry?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tom62

Welcome to HAF, Apathy.
I hope you like it here. BTW we do love cats (with the exception of Bruno) and I can't recall any film that Jeff Goldblum made after "Cats & Dogs".
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Nam

Quote from: Tank on April 02, 2016, 05:42:02 AM
Quote from: Nam on April 02, 2016, 04:44:11 AM

-Nam

Thick cut or French fry?

I do have French relatives...

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

xSilverPhinx

Hello Apathy, and welcome to the forum!  :spagwelcome:

:popcorn:

I've been watching that cat fall into mashed potatoes for about 3 minutes now, does it do anything else? :P It's like looking at fish in a bowl, kind of pointless but I can't take my eyes off them.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Thank you all for the welcomes. I can see you're all much more relaxed then I thought. Nice.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Firebird

Quote from: Apathy on April 02, 2016, 05:03:53 PM
Thank you all for the welcomes. I can see you're all much more relaxed then I thought. Nice.

Welcome aboard! Don't worry, kat gifs are not only allowed, they're encouraged, especially in response to Bruno. He'll even name said kat for free ;)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

I have to ask out of simple curiosity but what did you expect? I'm really intrigued.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on April 02, 2016, 06:02:41 PM
I have to ask out of simple curiosity but what did you expect? I'm really intrigued.

Poor guy was probably a little scared. I mean, I know I can be intimidating sometimes.

;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 02, 2016, 06:23:02 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 02, 2016, 06:02:41 PM

Poor guy was probably a little scared. I mean, I know I can be intimidating sometimes.

;D

More than intimidating, down-right mean. What's with that avatar Bud?

Sorry Apathy, but see what kind of folks populate this place?

By the way if you have questions or concerns regarding Avatars, here's a good place to start.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."