Started by Arturo, April 02, 2016, 01:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

No.
Could you explain what it means? I'm just curious.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Shrek says "what are you doing in my swamp?" in one of his movies. I thought that fit the situation, only it's not a swamp, it's a thread. So "what are you doing in my thread?" The gif was just funny to me.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Oh! OK, I get it. There's a lot of stuff going on in your 'swamp' right now, isn't there? ;D

When you came here, Bruno suggested this place:
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 02, 2016, 06:41:36 PM
By the way if you have questions or concerns regarding Avatars, here's a good place to start.

I would like to suggest this one:
The GIF Playpen
Some of us get to know each other a little bit better with GIFs, there.

:secrets1:  *They haven't said anything to you yet because you're new, but GIFs make some people well...let's just say, "uncomfortable" or "restless" so... Those of us who like GIFs were placed in the SCA, or The "Solitary Confinement Area."

*They
Important people around here who wear those cheap trucker-hats you can buy at the gas/petrol station.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on April 09, 2016, 07:13:44 AM
Oh! OK, I get it. There's a lot of stuff going on in your 'swamp' right now, isn't there? ;D

By the way if you have questions or concerns regarding Avatars, here's a good place to start.

The GIF Playpen

:secrets1:  *They haven't said anything to you yet because you're new, but GIFs make some people well...let's just say, "uncomfortable" or "restless" so... Those of us who like GIFs were placed in the SCA, or The "Solitary Confinement Area."

*They
Important people around here who wear those cheap trucker-hats you can buy at the gas/petrol station.

Some .gif files are huge and take a long time to download. Some people can't view .gif files. .gif files can cause problems when browsing the site on mobiles. Some businesses have .gif filters so they can't be viewed at work. For that reason there is a .gif 'sand pit' linked to by Mags above where any and all .gif files are welcome. Dropping the odd .gif into general threads is not an issue, flooding discussion threads with .gifs is frowned upon for practical reasons.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Nam

^only if your phone sucks. Does your phone suck? I'm on an Android Maxx. It's pretty good. Fits my big hands. ;)

[Dude, my phone changed "sucks" to "suckz". That's not even a word!]

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

xSilverPhinx

*They

:sidesmile: You mean the administrators, right?

:P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on April 09, 2016, 02:15:43 AM
What are you doing in my thread?

Jk. I warm up to people fast

This kind of thing happens quite often here, conversations evolve towards something else and threads are massively derailed. I confess I'm probably the most to blame for this in the entire forum, besides Mags, that is. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

...And Bruno de la Pole, he does it a lot too--derail, that is.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 09, 2016, 02:14:08 PM
*They

:sidesmile: You mean the administrators, right?

:P

Yes, that's what Bruno de la Pole calls the administrators.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2016, 11:28:55 AM

The GIF Playpen

*They

Some .gif files are huge and take a long time to download. Some people can't view .gif files. .gif files can cause problems when browsing the site on mobiles. Some businesses have .gif filters so they can't be viewed at work. For that reason there is a .gif 'sand pit' linked to by Mags above where any and all .gif files are welcome. Dropping the odd .gif into general threads is not an issue, flooding discussion threads with .gifs is frowned upon for practical reasons.
Yeah, that's it, frowned upon for practical reasons.  ;)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 09, 2016, 02:47:05 PM
...And Bruno de la Pole, he does it a lot too--derail, that is.

Take that back Sister Magdalena, as I do no such thing...trying to lump me in with you and xSP, humph..

By the way here's the hat "They" like to wear, ugly isn't it? (Plus a bit sexist I might add)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Buddy

I think I should take a little responsibility because I have a habit of using GIFs quite often. #sorrynotsorry

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 09, 2016, 04:32:01 PM
I think I should take a little responsibility because I have a habit of using GIFs quite often. #sorrynotsorry
You are the reason I use GIFs.
The guys were harassing you here, and you posted this one,

I thought, "What a wonderful way to express what you're feeling!"
So, I figured out what, where, how, and I started posting them. I even asked if "those little images" had sound  :snicker:--I didn't even know what they were called--and Crow said, they didn't have sound.
The rest is history...
So, thank you.  :hug:

Buddy

Haha you can thank Tumblr because that's where the trend of using reaction GIFs started for me. Plus I can't help it that Supernatural has a GIF for everything.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.