News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

How do you think Obama will be remembered?

Started by Claireliontamer, March 17, 2016, 07:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on March 19, 2016, 10:31:37 AM
I think that he will only be remembered for being the first [half] black democratic president.
Like Bruce already said, he is not the best nor the worst president of the USA.

I agree.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

I think it will depend on our next two, possibly 3 presidents.

Tom62

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 19, 2016, 03:32:12 PM
I think it will depend on our next two, possibly 3 presidents.

President Trump and president Palin ;)?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Pasta Chick

Haha Palin won't ever make president.

Seriously, though, we're on the verge of a major shift in one direction or another. No matter who the winner is this round, the other party is going to try to rally next election. History is written by those in charge. We'll just have to see what happens.

Recusant

Quote from: Crow on March 18, 2016, 02:15:00 PMLook for some Telegraph articles or anything pro "Brexit".

I found a list composed mostly of petty bitching, and in my opinion the only substantive issue there is the Falklands issue. I disagree with the administration's stance on that.

As for Brexit, I don't seen anything anti-Britain in his opinion--there are plenty of British people who don't think leaving the EU is a very good idea.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Crow

Quote from: Recusant on March 20, 2016, 06:14:07 PM
Quote from: Crow on March 18, 2016, 02:15:00 PMLook for some Telegraph articles or anything pro "Brexit".

I found a list composed mostly of petty bitching, and in my opinion the only substantive issue there is the Falklands issue. I disagree with the administration's stance on that.

As for Brexit, I don't seen anything anti-Britain in his opinion--there are plenty of British people who don't think leaving the EU is a very good idea.

The pro Brexit people dislike Obama because he has said Britain should stay in. Since then the Telegraph has pretty much placed him in a no pile but they had reservations about him before hand but that isn't really unique to him but rather American politicians in general, the Telegraph has an overarching narrative that the Whitehouse regardless of who is holding office dislikes the UK and creates lots of little articles bringing anything of potential dislike into an article. Who is going to form trade unions with the UK if they leave the EU is a big issue and those that speak negatively about the issue from other countries have often been highlighted as only a single opinion that doesn't like the UK anyway.
Retired member.

MadBomr101

Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 17, 2016, 07:23:30 PM
Just curious as what you all think will be written in the history books of the future.

By the Dems as our first president of color whose administration was largely successful despite partisan resistance every step of the way.

By the Repubs as that black guy.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Nam

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 25, 2016, 01:41:28 AM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 17, 2016, 07:23:30 PM
Just curious as what you all think will be written in the history books of the future.

By the Dems as our first president of color whose administration was largely successful despite partisan resistance every step of the way.

By the Repubs as that black illegitimate Muslim foreigner guy.

Fixed your last line.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Recusant on March 20, 2016, 06:14:07 PM

Britain is pretty well liked by the majority of Americans.  Maybe some drunk Irish in Boston don't like it, but most of us are Anglophiles to some extent.

Icarus

I agree with Bruce. Those of us who have paid attention readily acknowledge and appreciate the contributions to civilization made by the Brits, past and present.

We are not particularly fond of the strange food that you use nor the warm beer or the football hooligans. Aside from that, I want to be fast friends with the queens subjects.

I suspect that the ordinary citizen of Britain may have an inaccurate impression of our attitude.