News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

And The Oscar Goes To...

Started by xSilverPhinx, February 29, 2016, 11:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

...Leonardo DiCaprio, best actor! So they finally they gave the poor guy an Oscar. This is cinematic history in the making, right here. :watching: He was nominated like what, four other times already? Now he's no longer the poor guy who collects only Oscar nominations...not that he was ever really a poor guy it seems. 

I personally feel that Eddie Redmayne should have won again for his performance in the Danish Girl, his role just seems to be more difficult to pull off. It took a little more talent than DiCaprio's role in the Revenant. But oh well. 

Here's the complete list of Oscar winners this year.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Thanks for posting that -- that's all I ever want to know from awards shows.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 29, 2016, 11:15:44 AM
...Leonardo DiCaprio, best actor! So they finally they gave the poor guy an Oscar.

Wasn't Paul Newman another actor who was often nominated but never got the statue?  I think they finally gave him a Lifetime Achievement Award, which is basically saying "Sorry, bro."

I noticed Bryan Cranston was also up for Best Actor in Trumbo, one of the few nominated movies I actually saw.  Rather sorry he didn't get it, I thought he did an amazing job with the role.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Life's so cruel for some A-list celebs.  :notsure:

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 29, 2016, 11:27:43 AM
I noticed Bryan Cranston was also up for Best Actor in Trumbo, one of the few nominated movies I actually saw.  Rather sorry he didn't get it, I thought he did an amazing job with the role.

Yes he did, that was a good movie.  :smilenod: Another contender that probably deserved the award more than Leonardo did. 

Claireliontamer

The only winning movie I have seen is 'Inside Out' which is a great movie.

xSilverPhinx

Besides Ex Machina (hasn't been released in Brazil yet), Inside Out is the only one I haven't watched.  :popcorn:

Claireliontamer

Hang on, missed that 'The Danish Girl' won one too. I have also seen that.

Firebird

I knew Ennio Morricone had won for Hateful Eight, but how is that his first Oscar?? Amazing that he's never won until now
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ecurb Noselrub

You should see The Renevant just for the scenery and the bear fight.

MariaEvri

I'm gonna miss the |Leo doesn't have an oscar yet" memes
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

xSilverPhinx