News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 20, 2017, 02:50:20 PM
I didn't hate this episode too much except I'm hung up on wall art in the apocalypse.

Did anyone else catch the lobster bibs hung on the wall of Jesus' trailer like a painting?

Pretty much everyone is dead. You could probably walk right up and steal the Mona Lisa. And you guys are hanging literal garbage on your walls.

Sasha and Rosita should have taken a shot at Negan when they had the chance.  Even if they hit Eugene, it would have been worth the attempt.  Cut off the snake's head and the rest of the snake dies.  Simon is about the only other strong leader with the Saviors, and he's out and about, so they could dispatch him rather easily.  So far, Carl, Sasha and Rosita have failed as assassins.  Looks like Sasha is making a suicide run - odds are she will be dead pretty soon.

Pasta Chick

I have a lot of issues with the whole sniper plot line. Like, maybe try not walking around talking at full volume between hanging your entire rifle out the window.

Eugenes story line continues to be of interest to me.

I assume Rosita is about to die, since we just saw our first real character development on her.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 02, 2017, 02:33:45 AM

Help me understand.  Is it the bad boy image, or that he is a rebel, or the motorcycle, or the crossbow, or the permanent scowl, or the Cherokee Rose episode, or what?  What's the attraction to Daryl?.

Daryl's a diamond in the rough -- you can't take him any place fancy, but you can count on him when life goes sideways.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

After a season of Savior storylines, the only interest I can work up for Negan is trying to decide whether he's a psychopath or a sociopath, which is frustrating because I like the actor playing him.  I actually find Negan's chief henchman Simon more interesting, if equally vile.  Would be interested in his back story.
Sandy

Ecurb Noselrub

They actually showed a bit of butt-crack on Negan last night when he bent down to talk to Sasha.  I guess it says something about me that I noticed that.  Negan is turning into one of the better villains on the screen, but I agree that Simon is a pretty good second.  Now Rick's group has guns.  There will be blood. 

Sandra Craft

Season finale:  Shiva attacking Saviors, walker Sasha attacking Negan.  Overall rating: satisfied.
Sandy

Davin

Hopefully, they'll start acting smarter from now on.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Basically lost respect for Rick.  He gets fooled by the Garbage People, lets their leader get the drop on him, tries to make a weak plea before she shoots him, then ends up kneeling before Negan again, before getting bailed out by a tiger.  The other regulars put up a good fight.  Time for Rick to be impeached.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 03, 2017, 06:46:46 PM
Basically lost respect for Rick.  He gets fooled by the Garbage People, lets their leader get the drop on him, tries to make a weak plea before she shoots him, then ends up kneeling before Negan again, before getting bailed out by a tiger.  The other regulars put up a good fight.  Time for Rick to be impeached.

To me Rick's main problem is that he's stuck being in charge when he's not qualified for more than right hand man of the guy in charge.  I'm not sure if this is deliberate on the writers part, or if it's one of the areas where the story just got away from them.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

As much as I never warmed up to the Abraham character, once again last night he had my favorite line:  "We kick shit and eat snakes.  That's what we do."  Got to hand it to whoever thought of adding the "eat snakes" to that, it really was the cherry on top.
Sandy

Pasta Chick

I liked Abraham as a fighter. Outside of that he was kind of giant douche. I get why Rosita was with him (although she could do better) but I never got what Sasha saw in him. Especially after Bob, who was pretty awesome.

The whole thing was too ridiculous for words. I spent half the episode thinking "Christ are we really doing this AGAIN?" And then boom, tiger. Because why the fuck not?

And again with the garbage people - not only have you almost completely lost the ability to speak coherently, you also forgot all basic social norms? Like women don't own men and trade them off for sex? BF's theory is that they were somehow isolated and living in the garbage for generations before the zombie outbreak.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 04, 2017, 01:50:28 AM
I liked Abraham as a fighter. Outside of that he was kind of giant douche. I get why Rosita was with him (although she could do better) but I never got what Sasha saw in him. Especially after Bob, who was pretty awesome.

Damn.  I have completely forgotten who Bob is.  Definitely agree about the "what the hell?" quality of Abraham and Sasha together.  It's even weirder than Rick and Michonne.  There's a lot of fan flack about racism being why people can't see those couples, and that may be part of it -- who am I to say?  I don't think it's all racism tho, since Carol and Ezekiel seem to me to have plenty of chemistry and make sense as a couple.

QuoteThe whole thing was too ridiculous for words. I spent half the episode thinking "Christ are we really doing this AGAIN?" And then boom, tiger. Because why the fuck not?

There's a lot of deja vu on this show.  On the other hand, Shiva is now my 3rd preferred way for Negan to die, after Rosita using any method and Rick using the axe.

QuoteAnd again with the garbage people - not only have you almost completely lost the ability to speak coherently, you also forgot all basic social norms? Like women don't own men and trade them off for sex? BF's theory is that they were somehow isolated and living in the garbage for generations before the zombie outbreak.

My theory is that they're survivors from some sort of institution, so most of them were never that articulate or much for social norms in the first place. 
Sandy

Pasta Chick

I'm sure there is a racist component for a lot of people, I happen to think all of the current male characters suck. Whereas many of the women are holding shit down. Thus most pairings would seem weird to me.

For Sasha and Abraham specifically my big "ew" moment was after their drive to lure the hoard, when he told her he could sense she was in to him because a man knows these things. And like two days later was hitting her up with the "how bout kids" convo.

I've been asking myself who I would pair either of them with, and I don't have an answer.

Glenn was really the only nice, rational guy on the show. And Maggie snapped him right up.

Jesus is pretty awesome, but he's gay.

Aaron (I think?) also seems pretty down to earth, but he's gay and in a relationship.

Tara is pretty fucking awesome but none of the other female leads are lesbian as far as we know, and honestly for one to come out and hook up with her now would almost certainly come off as forced pandering.

I like Ezekiel but I don't get the sense he's out for a relationship at present. But then we don't know much at all about who he really is, since he's got the King facade up most of the time (I was actually saying to BF during this episode I feel like he's quite handsome, but he spends all his time making faces and talking like he's in a Medieval Times restaurant so I can't get into it).

Father Gabriel is married to his Man of God role.

I would put money Eugene would be a fedora wearing "friend zoned" douche... I mean he used to sneak around watching Abraham bang Rosita.

We don't know much about the secondary characters like Tobin, who seems decent, albeit boring, yet interesting enough to catch Carol's attention.

I guess there aren't many men left on the show either.

Pasta Chick

Oh, I do think Daryl is going to hook up with Dwight's wife.

Which is stupid too, I just think that's where they're going with it.

Sandra Craft

What about Carl, once he grows up a few more years?  I know they seem to have paired him off with Enid, but I'm hoping she gets eaten.

I would suggest Morgan, but that man has way too much baggage and can be nearly as unstable as Rick.

I'm not sure about the King -- there's just something in his scenes with Carol that make me feel he's interested.  And since he drops the whole Camelot facade around her, I don't have a hard time imagining something coming of that.

And speaking of the Kingdom, what about Jerry?  He strikes me as the goofy but lovable teddy bear type.

Sandy