Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 27, 2017, 11:36:29 PM
EUGENE EPISODE!!!!!!

I loved it, actually. I have no complaints except that I don't think the show will properly utilize anything that happened.

Also, they played They Might Be Giants in Eugene's episode, which is maybe the most perfect thing ever.

This was definitely better than the first two episodes.

Dragonia

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 01, 2017, 06:31:47 PM
Eugene and Father Gabriel are my current favorite characters. I'm a little afraid of seeing either get a lot of screen time because I feel like the show makes its popular characters into walking stereotypes for fan service.

And I'd still totally bang Daryl but I hate what his character has turned in to.
Ach,  one doesn't need good character to still be good in the sack!  :smug:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Dragonia on March 02, 2017, 12:00:34 AM
Eugene and Father Gabriel are my current favorite characters. I'm a little afraid of seeing either get a lot of screen time because I feel like the show makes its popular characters into walking stereotypes for fan service.

And I'd still totally bang Daryl but I hate what his character has turned in to.

Help me understand.  Is it the bad boy image, or that he is a rebel, or the motorcycle, or the crossbow, or the permanent scowl, or the Cherokee Rose episode, or what?  What's the attraction to Daryl?.

Dragonia

Kind of a funny question.... The reasons I think he's hot: He's quiet, gruff, total bad ass with a crossbow,  good in stressful situations, super capable survivor, and you get glimpses of a good generous heart beneath that slightly bitchy, aloof exterior. Plus he does have that greasy bad-boy look in leather on a motorcycle.....  :tellmemore:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 02, 2017, 02:33:45 AM
Quote from: Dragonia on March 02, 2017, 12:00:34 AM

Help me understand.  Is it the bad boy image, or that he is a rebel, or the motorcycle, or the crossbow, or the permanent scowl, or the Cherokee Rose episode, or what?  What's the attraction to Daryl?.

I've always been into gross dudes with longhair. Idk what everyone else's deal is.

Also there are a good deal of long standing Reedus fans from Boondock Saints.

Ecurb Noselrub

Thanks for the responses regarding Daryl.  I was curious, as Daryl does seem to be quite attractive to a significant number of women.

Pasta Chick

I think theres a significant amount of "I can fix him!!" too.

Which... No.

Otherwise I really don't get it - I've been made fun of for my taste in men my entire life so when I find someone attractive I don't expect anyone else to. Short of like, Brad Pitt because obviously.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 02, 2017, 06:19:42 PM

That instinct has probably led to incalculable female suffering.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 02, 2017, 08:34:29 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 02, 2017, 06:19:42 PM

That instinct has probably led to incalculable female suffering.

Also 100% why Fifty Shades of Grey is a thing.

(That and most people apparently have really boring sex).

Pasta Chick

I don't even know what the fuck with this show anymore.

Davin

Aside from the clear hints that the kid was on his way out, I felt fewer cringe moments this episode than most other recent episodes.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick

I find clear hints obnoxious. BF or I called this exact chain of events like 4 episodes ago. Which goes to show how freaking slow this show is. Carol pulling her shit together is cool. Morgan not really being over his "clear" days makes sense. The entire thing with Richard was just weird though. I don't really know how to process that.

Last episode was so awful I can't even address it. I can't stand the Rick and Michonne relationship to start with. And I cannot for the life of me figure out how they are somehow able to run through hoards unscathed now?

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 14, 2017, 05:45:07 PM
I find clear hints obnoxious. BF or I called this exact chain of events like 4 episodes ago. Which goes to show how freaking slow this show is. Carol pulling her shit together is cool. Morgan not really being over his "clear" days makes sense. The entire thing with Richard was just weird though. I don't really know how to process that.

Last episode was so awful I can't even address it. I can't stand the Rick and Michonne relationship to start with. And I cannot for the life of me figure out how they are somehow able to run through hoards unscathed now?

My wife says the same thing about Rick and Michonne - does not compute.  I think Carol is about to save the show.  Someone sure needs to, because it's on the verge of truly jumping the shark.  Yet I continue to watch.

Agreed on Richard - I still don't understand what that was all about.

Pasta Chick

As far as I can tell, Rick is with Andrea in the comic, but the show killed Andrea in season 3. Fans like Rick and Michonne so they made it a thing, because pandering to fans is the most important part of TWD production.

I feel like, well, for one thing we don't really know Michonne. She's more of a vague badass for most of the show, although we know from seeing her with Andrea and Judith that she has a tendency toward seeking companionship and care taking we don't see much of her in those roles. Rick is just a fucking lunatic, who up until the end of last season was super into vapid white soccer moms in need of saving.

Pasta Chick

I didn't hate this episode too much except I'm hung up on wall art in the apocalypse.

Did anyone else catch the lobster bibs hung on the wall of Jesus' trailer like a painting?

Pretty much everyone is dead. You could probably walk right up and steal the Mona Lisa. And you guys are hanging literal garbage on your walls.