News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

I kinda figure Abraham is not long for that world, anyway.

Pasta Chick

I could see that.

I'm still annoyed they killed Bob, which is why I really hate the Sasha/Abraham idea.

Sandra Craft

I have some general comments:

One of the Talking Dead episodes mentioned that fans had assumed Carol and Daryl would get together.  I hate being ageist, but Carol seems a bit old for Daryl.  The sad sack she did kiss seems more her age, if not her speed.  Unless being in a zombie apocalypse made Carol's hair go grey early?

Abraham and Rosita.  I have the impression they've been together since nearly the beginning of the apocalypse, since Abe said he once thought Rosita was the only woman left.  How long has the apocalypse been going on in their time?  Seems Abe stuck with Rosita well after he knew there were other women around. 

It seemed odd to me too that they would attack Negan's compound without knowing more about him or his organization, but then perhaps they were so short of food that they didn't think they had time to plan before becoming disabled from hunger?  I know Hilltop gave them some food, but Alexandria seems a very big place so perhaps it was only enough to give everyone just a meal or two before they went back to tightening their belts?

Not sure one could repeatedly punch a decapitated zombie face without it getting all squishy.

There's been a lot of talk about Rick's group crossing the line when they attacked the sleeping Saviors, but I disagree.  Negan's group had already shown themselves to be dangerous predators to everyone so killing them was the only thing they could do and there was no point in doing it in any other way than one that would be the least dangerous to Rick's group. 

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

Morgan argued for the high moral ground of talking with the Saviors first, but they are psychopaths.  In that world, survival requires "shoot first  , ask questions later."  Rick did the right thing .  Plus, it was more fun to watch. I'm a bit tired of Morgan.

Firebird

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 09, 2016, 10:00:30 PM
Morgan argued for the high moral ground of talking with the Saviors first, but they are psychopaths.  In that world, survival requires "shoot first  , ask questions later."  Rick did he right thing .  Plus, it was more fun to watch. I'm a bit tired of Morgan.

Agreed here, and with BCE too. There's a difference when it's either you or them.
Not too spoilery I hope, but I'm pretty certain we haven't seen Negin yet.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Firebird on March 09, 2016, 10:30:20 PM
I'm pretty certain we haven't seen Negin yet.

Agreed.  Bad-assery is waiting.

Pasta Chick

Regarding Carol & Daryl... Sorry, posting from iPhone so quoting is tricky when the post is more than a few lines...

I don't know how old either character is supposed to be. Daryl doesn't exist in the comics and Carol was 24, which she obviously is not in the show. Norman Reedus is 47, though, and Melissa McBride is 50. I assume Carol is supposed to be younger than that since her daughter looked to be about 10. So it does bug me when fans complain that she's "too old" for Daryl. I'm not sure why Daryl seems to come off as a young character. I always thought of him as at least 40.

I assumed there was something going on between them off screen in the prison, but they don't have the same chemistry since the group was separated following the battle with the Governer.

The Daryl and Beth crowd bugged the shit out of me. I'm so incredibly glad that didn't happen. She was 17 FFS, and as stated, he comes off as at least 40 to me.

As far as attacking the Saviors on short notice... Part of it would be time-sensitive due to their plan with bringing him the head. They can't wait long if that's going to work. I'm guessing maybe they're so used to being alone and finding little rag-tag groups that they wrongly assume this one is also small and ill equipped?

Definitely ok with the attack on the Saviors. It's a them or is situation. Best to play it safe, even if it means fighting dirty.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 10, 2016, 01:40:15 AM
Regarding Carol & Daryl... Sorry, posting from iPhone so quoting is tricky when the post is more than a few lines...

I don't know how old either character is supposed to be. Daryl doesn't exist in the comics and Carol was 24, which she obviously is not in the show. Norman Reedus is 47, though, and Melissa McBride is 50. I assume Carol is supposed to be younger than that since her daughter looked to be about 10. So it does bug me when fans complain that she's "too old" for Daryl. I'm not sure why Daryl seems to come off as a young character. I always thought of him as at least 40.

I assumed there was something going on between them off screen in the prison, but they don't have the same chemistry since the group was separated following the battle with the Governer.

The Daryl and Beth crowd bugged the shit out of me. I'm so incredibly glad that didn't happen. She was 17 FFS, and as stated, he comes off as at least 40 to me.

I read somewhere that Daryl is supposed to be in his early 40s, but to me he looks closer to a hard 30ish.  And I've only seen her a couple of times but Carol gives off a bad granny vibe to me.  Baking those cookies did not help.  I seriously need to binge watch the earlier episodes.
Sandy

chimp3

The Carol and cookies theme is how she gained the moniker "Scarol". I think her latest acorn and beets cookie cook-off is some serious foreshadowing. In the graphic novel this meet up with Negan does not turn out well for one of the most beloved characters.
I doubt it!

Firebird

I personally love Carol's character on the show, mostly because of Melissa McBride. Be honest, how many of you thought she was a weakling who would die early when the show started? To transition from that to the bad-ass she is now believably is quite a feat. And she's a completely different character than the comics, so I won't even make that comparison.
I could see something happening between her and Daryl, but I personally don't care much about characters "getting together" like all the fans seem to, especially since they don't always pull it off well. Maggie and Glen was well done,  but Rick and Michonne, both great characters but absolutely no build-up or sexual chemistry between them until that one episode.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Pasta Chick

I just don't like that in most cases, the romance takes over everything and the characters turn into boring, wishy-washy whiny assholes. As much as I like Maggie, Glenn was waaaaaay more interesting without her. Tara and what's-her-name are basically existing so there can be lesbian kisses. Rick has done pretty much nothing but mope about women the entire series (which makes the sudden Michonne pairing even more jarring).

Bad Penny

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 10, 2016, 02:39:10 PM
I just don't like that in most cases, the romance takes over everything and the characters turn into boring, wishy-washy whiny assholes.

Ye, I'd hoped the zombie apocalypse would eradicate wishy-washy whiny assholes.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

chimp3

Rick and Carols Clan have certainly done enough to seriously piss Negan off.
I doubt it!

Sandra Craft

Speaking of Carol, what about her panic attack when she was bound and gagged?  Real or faked?  I've only been watching the show for about 4 episodes now but when she started hyperventilating I thought sure she was faking it, but after awhile I just didn't know.

I've read some chatter about Carol growing a conscience, but to me it looked like she saw her future self in Paula and it scared her.  Not enough to keep her from burning two men alive, but enough to throw her off her game a bit.

I liked the exchange between her and Daryl after the rescue, it's obvious they have some kind of strong connection tho it doesn't seem romantic to me.
Sandy