Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 27, 2016, 12:23:24 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 26, 2016, 06:52:50 PM
Although rumor is Daryl is going to get his head bashed in... He certainly seems to have more dumb luck than control of his own destiny lately.

Daryl is the super-popular hillbilly, right?  I hope he doesn't get killed -- I have so many friends who are completely starry-eyed about him, I'll be hearing lamentations for months.

Yes. To be fair,

I dunno if I'll keep watching if they kill him. Unless Jesus turns out to have a super hot friend or something. I mean, TWD is kinda a love-to-hate with eye candy deal for me. I openly stuck with watchinf season 2 because Shane kept taking his shirt off.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 27, 2016, 12:25:10 AM
Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2016, 06:29:30 AM

I like what happens at the end of that episode :D

Was that the Rick/Michonne mash-up PC is complaining about?
No.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

I don't like the "Jesus" dude - the show doesn't need another super strong character.  But I think he's going to lead them into the next crisis.  Maybe he has something to do with the Negan group, or something similar.

Sandra Craft

Well, I bit the bullet and watched the last three episodes of TWD and it wasn't nearly as horrifying as I thought it would be, or maybe I've finally gotten over my zombie-phobia.  Still, if the zombie apocalypse were to actually happen, and real zombies were as incapable of climbing as the fake zombies seem to be, I'd climb up the tallest, sturdiest tree I could find, build myself a little tree hut and live off a diet of nuts shared with squirrels and birds shared with my cat.   And I'd stay there forever and ever, even if I was told the apocalypse was over because it shouldn't have happened the first time so who knows that it wouldn't start up again?

Good grief, Gregory is an asshole.  It's a shame he can't find out that he's just a figurehead, his ego needs a good puncturing.

And what happened to Jesus' hair?  It was so nice in his first episode, and now it looks not only scraggly but much shorter. 

Sandy

Crow

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 29, 2016, 11:44:20 AM
...build myself a little tree hut...

So you would be Clementine. If somebody called Lee comes along you can trust them.
Retired member.

Pasta Chick

TWD zombies are more gross than they are scary.

I've never understood why trees aren't more widely utilized. I suppose it makes it difficult to flee when faced with an attack from other humans, but it's also pretty tough to flee a tiny-ass compound with 2 exits.

Anyhow... I feel like last night was one of those slow progression episodes. I have no new thoughts. I feel like it was somewhat rash to make the deal to take out Negan, but otoh they're going to end up facing off with him sooner or later so they may as well take the element of surprise and turn a profit doing it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Crow on February 29, 2016, 11:47:48 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 29, 2016, 11:44:20 AM
...build myself a little tree hut...

So you would be Clementine. If somebody called Lee comes along you can trust them.

What season are they in?

Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 29, 2016, 05:44:07 PM
Anyhow... I feel like last night was one of those slow progression episodes. I have no new thoughts. I feel like it was somewhat rash to make the deal to take out Negan, but otoh they're going to end up facing off with him sooner or later so they may as well take the element of surprise and turn a profit doing it.

That's where I'm still catching up -- I thought that guy they took out last week with the bazooka (or whatever) was Negan.  So that was only a Negan group?
Sandy

Crow

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 29, 2016, 06:45:12 PM
What season are they in?

They are in the game "Telltales The Walking Dead" which is much better than the series (and the comic), the story is a little bit obvious but it works well.
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 29, 2016, 05:44:07 PM
I've never understood why trees aren't more widely utilized. I suppose it makes it difficult to flee when faced with an attack from other humans, but it's also pretty tough to flee a tiny-ass compound with 2 exits.

I have visions of swinging on a vine from treetop to treetop.
Sandy

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 29, 2016, 06:45:12 PM

That's where I'm still catching up -- I thought that guy they took out last week with the bazooka (or whatever) was Negan.  So that was only a Negan group?

Nope, he was only a minion of Negan.  I have a feeling that Negan is going to be the consummate psycho bad ass.  There will be blood.  I'm betting that someone will die.  Glenn has escaped twice now - he's toast IMHO, especially with Maggie pregnant (Oh! the Pathos!).  There are hints that something will happen with the Abraham/Sasha/Rosita group.  I'm betting we lose at least two of the core group in fighting Negan.  Just my gut feeling.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 01, 2016, 12:32:09 AM
Nope, he was only a minion of Negan.  I have a feeling that Negan is going to be the consummate psycho bad ass.  There will be blood.  I'm betting that someone will die.  Glenn has escaped twice now - he's toast IMHO, especially with Maggie pregnant (Oh! the Pathos!).  There are hints that something will happen with the Abraham/Sasha/Rosita group.  I'm betting we lose at least two of the core group in fighting Negan.  Just my gut feeling.

Hmmm.  So based on what I've learned so far, Rick should be sent in first since he ends up killing someone within 30 mins of meeting a new group.  Might as well take a shot that it'll be Negan this time.
Sandy

Pasta Chick

So a priest, a lesbian and Jesus are sitting in a car...

I actually enjoyed last night's episode. Kinda fucking stupid that they wouldn't get a bit more intel on Negan before moving forward, I'm used to that sort of thing by now.

Father Gabriel is suddenly a very interesting character this season.

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm a little surprised that Carol let herself get taken hostage by other women.  Maybe she was protecting Maggie.  Last night did fulfill my blood lust, however.  It was so cool to see so many of the Saviors get wiped out.  They deserved it.  I'm a little disappointed with how Abraham treated Rosaria, but that's life in the Zombie Apocalypse.

Pasta Chick

Abraham is an asshole. Not just for last episode. And I'm pretty sure Sasha knows it. I don't really care what happens there and I hope they don't waste too much time on it.