News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

I know there are Dead fans on this board and, altho I'm not one (can't handle zombies), I thought this video would be a good way to restart that thread:

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Pasta Chick

That's amazing.

I almost restarted this thread after last episode, because I'm feeling very wtf about things. But... Spoilers...

Sandra Craft

Darn. 
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
  The thing is, altho I can't watch the show, I love watching The Talking Dead.
Sandy

Ecurb Noselrub

Not sure what to think about that new guy, but what about Rick and Michonne getting it on?

Sandra Craft

Here's a general question that shouldn't involve spoilers:  why do some people capture zombies and keep them around?  Are they expecting to find a cure soon?
Sandy

Firebird

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 25, 2016, 02:00:59 AM
Not sure what to think about that new guy, but what about Rick and Michonne getting it on?
Guess it's too late to put spoiler tags  :)
Apparently a bunch of the fans had been clamoring for it. Me personally, I didn't see that kind of chemistry between them before, and his last girlfriend just died two episodes ago (even if it was a few months within the show) so it felt rushed for them to suddenly be an item. I do like how Michonne's evolved from a tough loner into a part of the family who can laugh and cry again. But they took the time to show that evolution, unlike this budding romance. Whatev,  just being picky.
As for Jesus... Ugh.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Pasta Chick

Hahaha ok forgetting spoiler tags then...

Carl getting shot IN the eye was fucking stupid. I realize he only has one eye in the comics and whatever. This was stupid. He wasn't grazed. He was shot IN THE EYE by someone standing maybe 20 feet from him. Also this is what, at least the second time Carl's been shot. I'm sorry, but Carl is dead. Very "best" case Carl is lying in bed relearning how to flex his fingers and move his head and talk for the next two years, and might regain some semblience of his former abilities.

Richonne annoyed me too. I thought back in season 3 they might hook up, but then the show took the relationship in an entirely different direction. I never saw any chemistry between them after the initial getting to know eachother. Rick is apparently super into stereotypically cute, vapid soccer mom-y white chicks who need to be saved. The last of which was just brutally killed in front of him, apparently 2 months ago. I don't know what Michonne is into but I see her having a very short fuse with a "do as I say and I will keep you safe" type.

Davin

Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 25, 2016, 02:27:16 PM

Carl getting shot IN the eye was fucking stupid. I realize he only has one eye in the comics and whatever. This was stupid. He wasn't grazed. He was shot IN THE EYE by someone standing maybe 20 feet from him. Also this is what, at least the second time Carl's been shot. I'm sorry, but Carl is dead. Very "best" case Carl is lying in bed relearning how to flex his fingers and move his head and talk for the next two years, and might regain some semblience of his former abilities.
The bullet passed through the side of the skull right next to his eye, it wasn't a straight on shot and it didn't get into his brain. It happened pretty close to how and when it happened in the comics.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Davin on February 25, 2016, 04:22:41 PM

The bullet passed through the side of the skull right next to his eye, it wasn't a straight on shot and it didn't get into his brain. It happened pretty close to how and when it happened in the comics.

Then they did a terrible job of illustrating that for tv.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Firebird on February 25, 2016, 03:51:03 AM
As for Jesus... Ugh.

Was he the guy wearing the wool cap in the video?  Say what you will, but that guy has great hair.
Sandy

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 25, 2016, 11:24:05 PM
Quote from: Firebird on February 25, 2016, 03:51:03 AM
As for Jesus... Ugh.

Was he the guy wearing the wool cap in the video?  Say what you will, but that guy has great hair.
Yes, that's him.

I like what happens at the end of that episode :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Richonne annoyed me too. I thought back in season 3 they might hook up, but then the show took the relationship in an entirely different direction. I never saw any chemistry between them after the initial getting to know each other. Rick is apparently super into stereotypically cute, vapid soccer mom-y white chicks who need to be saved. The last of which was just brutally killed in front of him, apparently 2 months ago. I don't know what Michonne is into but I see her having a very short fuse with a "do as I say and I will keep you safe" type.

I'll ditto the annoyance with writers who shove together characters with little or no chemistry, but a reason did occur to me why Rick and Michonne might make sense based on the story.

From what you've all said, Rick has a taste for women who are easily killed, and Michonne's apparently suffered so much emotional damage that she completely shut down that side of her.  I'm willing to guess there were some zombie-related losses that contributed to that.

They've also gotten to know each other well enough to realize they're both hard to kill, so I can see them deciding make do with each other as an adequate source of sex that the odds are in favor of not having to mourn in the immediate future. 
Sandy

Pasta Chick

I think what weirds me out is that I did get that they cared deeply for eachother. I just got a best friend/so close you're family vibe from it. Not a sexual/romantic thing.

I'm out on Jesus. No thoughts yet. He seems to have near superhuman abilities, which is hard to swallow on a show where you already have to suspend a lot of disbelief. Especially when you already have a bunch of badasses on the show. Although rumor is Daryl is going to get his head bashed in... He certainly seems to have more dumb luck than control of his own destiny lately.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 26, 2016, 06:52:50 PM
Although rumor is Daryl is going to get his head bashed in... He certainly seems to have more dumb luck than control of his own destiny lately.

Daryl is the super-popular hillbilly, right?  I hope he doesn't get killed -- I have so many friends who are completely starry-eyed about him, I'll be hearing lamentations for months.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2016, 06:29:30 AM

I like what happens at the end of that episode :D

Was that the Rick/Michonne mash-up PC is complaining about?
Sandy