News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Japan to remove swastikas from maps

Started by Asmodean, January 22, 2016, 12:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siz

Quote from: Crow on January 22, 2016, 03:35:32 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on January 22, 2016, 02:53:55 PM
Why..? Because someone might actually bite and make it a thing?

...Actually, good point. Nevermind.

Scissors

"cut it out"
"not an idea I think you should run with".

Not see it?

Scissors.

"Good point"

Not see it?

( ;D)

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

jumbojak

If I had to take a guess as to why they're doing this I'd say that it has something to do with money. Tourists associating Japan with the Nazis and not wanting to come, or come back once they see the maps. Just a guess...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on January 23, 2016, 12:48:42 AM
If I had to take a guess as to why they're doing this I'd say that it has something to do with money. Tourists associating Japan with the Nazis and not wanting to come, or come back once they see the maps. Just a guess...
Naaa. It's probably not in the font they are going to use on the next reprint and they can't be bothered to find it. Never underestimate the ability of some humans to not give a fuck and other humans to read intent into their lack of intent.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: Tank on January 23, 2016, 06:25:46 AM
...and other humans to read intent into their lack of intent.

Sadly, that right there.