News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What OnLine News Sources Do You Use?

Started by Biggus Dickus, January 18, 2016, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Curious to know what online sources of news members here use. I get a lot of news through different feeds I'm connected to which is good, some via Twitter for example, and I utilize apps on my phone like Flickboard which I like, but I'm looking for a more nonsense free source of news that I can enjoy without having to filter through the tons of material I'm not interested in or have to search for articles or subjects I may want to read about. CNN comes to mind as a website that I used to enjoy years ago, but which now is boring me.

Vice News and Guardian are currently two that I like...

What about you folks?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

I use many different sources, but I tend to favor the BBC for international and British news, RawStory for US news, ScienceDaily, Phys.org, and EurekAlert for science news.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Claireliontamer

I tend to use twitter but then read the stories I'm interested in on a few different sites.  I prefer the independent newspaper site for casual browsing.

Essie Mae

BBC and SKY. Raw Story. Futurism for science.Various links provided by Twitter. Subscribe about £30 pa for local rag online. Friendly Atheist Daily Digest online for news of atheism in USA, though it is a bit sensationalist at times.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

No one

Pasta Chick

I typically scan social sites and dig for unbiased sources when something catches my eye. Nothing specific I turn to, I just Google the topic and start looking for .gov or .edu or what have in the results.

Tom62

I mainly use two Dutch newspaper websites, www.telegraaf.nl and www.volkskrant.nl, a few German ones like www.welt.de and www.faz.de (Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung) and the Onion of course.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Firebird

I have a NYTimes.com subscription, but I think you can read up to 10 or so per month per computer for free. Usually my first source. Also BBC, vice, and a bunch of geeky sites for more tech-oriented news (arstechnica.com and krebsonsecurity.com mostly).
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Waski_the_Squirrel

I subscribe to the Economist online.  Every few days, I hold my nose and visit the Drudge Report. I also subscribe on Youtube to clips from David Pakman (favorite), Secular Talk, the Young Turks, and Sam Seder.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Seems we all use similar or the same, as I like the BBC, Young Turks, occasionally the Drudge Report, plus a mixture of social media to feed me news and articles regarding the subject I like and am curious about ...we receive the Wall Street Journal at the office, along with other periodicals that get passed along, all are industry related (Automotive, WindPower, Technology, Marketing, etc....) It's actually nice to read an actual paper or magazine sometimes.

Has anyone here used the following website called, "CuriosityStream"? It looks interesting.

Site Bio
The mission of CuriosityStream is to provide an affordable, ad-free, online destination where the world's best factual television content can be enjoyed on demand and on any device by the planet's community of the curious. CuriosityStream serves the lifelong curious by producing original expert-interview content at Curiosity Studios and by aggregating the world's highest value video content about science, technology, civilization and the human spirit from the planet's leading television producers. CuriosityStream has a focused mission to exhibit content that enriches, enlightens, enchants, and thereby enables curious humans to better understand our world.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."