News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Talk About Star Wars With All the Spoilers You Want

Started by Pasta Chick, December 19, 2015, 03:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Behold the Monomyth!

This is work done by Joseph Cambell, who inspired George Lucas to create Star Wars, who inspired viewers to begin a hero's journey of their own.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Quote from: Apathy on January 04, 2017, 08:03:50 PM
Behold the Monomyth!

This is work done by Joseph Cambell, who inspired George Lucas to create Star Wars, who inspired viewers to begin a hero's journey of their own.

Cool find... always liked Joseph Campbell's take on religion, heroes and Star Wars.

Arturo

Quote from: joeactor on January 04, 2017, 10:22:49 PM
Cool find... always liked Joseph Campbell's take on religion, heroes and Star Wars.

I actually found it because of a YouTuber I follow. He referenced the books "The Hero With A Thousand Faces" and "The Hero's Journey". Both done by Joseph Cambell.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on January 04, 2017, 08:03:50 PM
Behold the Monomyth!

Cool!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

PBS Bill Moyers had a series of interviews with Joseph Campbell - here's a short bit from it:

xSilverPhinx

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Just watched "Rogue One".

Hmmm...

The re-programmed Imperial robot was the best character in it for me.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU ALL!

In honor of May the 4th day here's a true story by the comedian Jim Jeffries about his brother, George Lucas, and a Lizard.

Story bit starts about 1:25 into the clip

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

*blink* *blink*

I stared at that for a long time before finally getting it.

:offtobed:

Arturo

So I was thinking, when Vader force choked that dude in Rogue One and he says "be careful not to choke on your ambitions", I was thinking that Darth must still follow the Jedi philosophy because the Jedi practiced detachment. Just a thought. He still uses dark side force powers but his mind is warped to where he can't tell good from evil. It's like Obi Wan said to him "you are lost"
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: joeactor on January 05, 2017, 10:25:14 PM
PBS Bill Moyers had a series of interviews with Joseph Campbell - here's a short bit from it:

Just found this interesting animation on the Hero's Journey:

joeactor

xSp - I liked those Moyer/Campbell interviews. Very interesting perspective on humans and roles in society.

BTW, I'm working on a Star Wars parody song (yeah, I'm the last guy to write one of those!)

Biggus Dickus

In case you haven't seen it yet, here's the new trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi...this looks interesting, and I can't wait to see the movie.

My son and I were discussing it last night, and he thinks that Kylo Ren will ultimately, like Darth Vader before him turn good at some point, or at least do something of value to try and ease his conscience for killing his father.
He also thinks that Rey will be tempted by the dark side, but like Luke she will stay on the light side.

Something to look forward to this winter.

Oh, and I thought this was good.

"LUKE",...I AM MY OWN FATHER"!