News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Remember the old word game where you had to go from one word to another by changing only one letter in each step?

T R U M P
T R A M P
T W A M P   (Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol)
S W A M P

[OK, I cheated!   :grin:]
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

Quote from: Gloucester on February 14, 2017, 06:23:15 PM
Remember the old word game where you had to go from one word to another by changing only one letter in each step?

T R U M  P
T R A M P
S W A M P

Cool... I'll play!

T r u m p
t r a m p
t r a m s
c r a m s
c r a s s

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: joeactor on February 14, 2017, 09:10:38 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on February 14, 2017, 06:23:15 PM

T R U M  P
T R A M P
S W A M P

Cool... I'll play!

T r u m p
t r a m p
t r a m s
c r a m s
c r a s s

c r a b s
d r a b s
d r a m s
g r a m s
g r a b s pussy

Asmodean

TRUMP
RUMP
RUM
RU (I cheated too; this one is an abbreviation... Or a code, if you will, for Russian Federation. Seems apropos.)
R (Programming language)

^Nothing!  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Still awaiting Travel Ban v2 as promised "early" this week.

Davin

I think they are looking into the Executive Order that had interned the Japanese. Now that one was a little more smartly worded to get around that pesky Constitution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_9066
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on February 16, 2017, 04:35:24 PM
I think they are looking into the Executive Order that had interned the Japanese. Now that one was a little more smartly worded to get around that pesky Constitution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_9066

Hmm, seem to remember the internment of the Japanese was montioned as a precedent even before the first order was signed, whilst Trump was still ranting rallying support fot it pre-inaugaration.

But, words is words to the lawyers, get one wrong or in the wrong place and you are kicked out of court.

Dave

Well, I am going to have to put it as I see it.

Just listened to clips and views from/of his recent news conference. If he thinks he gave an honest reading of his first month he is fucking deluded. If he thinks he span a view that anyone would accept he is totally stupid.

I do not think he is totally stupid.

Davin

There is an idea I read about that sounded at least plausible. Of course he's saying contradicting things that no one would really believe, because he's trying to find the loyalists. Those people that will accept everything he says no matter how ludicrous it sounds. So that he can weed out the people who care about things like reality. Like an Orwellian type leader from 1984. War is peace.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Davin on February 17, 2017, 01:57:06 PM
There is an idea I read about that sounded at least plausible. Of course he's saying contradicting things that no one would really believe, because he's trying to find the loyalists. Those people that will accept everything he says no matter how ludicrous it sounds. So that he can weed out the people who care about things like reality. Like an Orwellian type leader from 1984. War is peace.

I read an article this morning about Trump's news conference yesterday and would post a link to it, but now I can't find it. Anyway it went on to point out that while many of us here and around the world are flabbergasted about many of the things he said, his supporters were eating it up.
Not much different really than what was occurring on the campaign trail, he'll make a comment that many of us find appalling, yet his supporters cheer him on.

I'm sure the Alt-Right was happy as fuck when Trump told the Jewish reporter to sit down. (I wish the reporter would have refused to sit, and told Donald to answer his question, or at the very least told Donald to fuck off...)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

That was a striking example of how Trump operates. For those who haven't followed this (I wouldn't blame you): The reporter asked him about the rise of anti-Semitism, and instead of addressing the question, Trump went into a little rant about how he's the "least anti-Semitic person." Then when the reporter tried to get him to answer the question, Trump basically told him to shut up and accused him of being dishonest.  :picard facepalm:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Substitute subject.

Will Trump "die in jail"?

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/he-will-die-in-jail-intelligence-community-ready-to-go-nuclear-on-trump-senior-source-says/?comments=disqus

QuoteJohn Schindler @‏20committee

Now we go nuclear. IC war going to new levels. Just got an EM fm senior IC friend, it began: "He will die in jail."

The "XX Committee"

Recusant

In one of his first speeches as president, Trump said: "I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be president for all the citizens and this is important to me." I think the only people who might have believed his promise were his core supporters, and I doubt that even they thought he actually meant it. He's done nothing at all to fulfill that promise in his first month in office. In his speech at CPAC, he said something that directly contradicts his promise, basically drawing a line between his supporters and those who are trying to get their voices heard in support of the ACA ("Obamacare"), and by implication, anybody who isn't in complete agreement with whatever he says at any given moment.

QuoteReferring to the town hall protests in support of Obamacare, Trump said, "The people that you're watching, they're not you. They're largely – many of them are the side that lost, you know they lost the election. It's like, how many elections do we have to have?"

[source]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

Quote from: Recusant on February 25, 2017, 05:22:43 AM
In one of his first speeches as president, Trump said: "I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be president for all the citizens and this is important to me." I think the only people who might have believed his promise were his core supporters, and I doubt that even they thought he actually meant it. He's done nothing at all to fulfill that promise in his first month in office. In his speech at CPAC, he said something that directly contradicts his promise, basically drawing a line between his supporters and those who are trying to get their voices heard in support of the ACA ("Obamacare"), and by implication, anybody who isn't in complete agreement with whatever he says at any given moment.

QuoteReferring to the town hall protests in support of Obamacare, Trump said, "The people that you're watching, they're not you. They're largely – many of them are the side that lost, you know they lost the election. It's like, how many elections do we have to have?"

[source]

I don't talk politics to many people but maybe the people who support him don't care about that line he just drew because they don't like Obamacare.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Recusant

Quote from: Arturo on February 25, 2017, 05:38:22 AMI don't talk politics to many people but maybe the people who support him don't care about that line he just drew because they don't like Obamacare.

It's one thing to dislike the ACA, it's something else to consider those who want to keep it to be "the other" as in "they're not you."
— H. L. Mencken