News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on September 02, 2016, 07:55:29 PM
Quote from: Essie Mae on September 02, 2016, 02:44:44 PM
Now Voyager. "Oh Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars ......."

I love that movie.  Two of my favorite old actors -- Bette Davis and Claude Rains -- at the same time!

So cool, the way Paul Henreid always lit both cigarettes in his mouth and then passed one to her. On the day Bette Davis died I was watching reports of it on screens as I queued up the spiral staircase of Blackpool Tower with my children and Ma-in-law to get up to the lift that then took us up to the top.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Anne D.

Just finished the Night Of from HBO. Really liked it. No prettying up of any aspect of the US justice system.

Pasta Chick

I watched Stranger Things in like 3 days and I absolutely loved it.

Then I watched Sky because Norman Reedus is in it, but it bad. So fucking bad. I'm actually mad about how bad it was.

Guardian85

I just discovered there is a "lost" Mythbusters episode and now I have it.
It's like waking up the day after your birthday and discovering you still have a present to unwrap, only better!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tom62

I'm watching Penn & Teller video's on YouTube
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Naked dating. A surprisingly good way to demystify nudity and sexuality. Last night it was a bi-sexual woman choosing so there were 3 men and 3 women for her to choose from. It was interesting who the rejected people reacted. She ended up with a woman and they got on like a house on fire. I think the key element of this program is the attitude of the contestants is self selecting in that they are literally open about their sexuality. The chooser has to get naked as well.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

I just watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Wonderfully put together film and makes me wonder if they will have this in the future of neurology. Also the story is very depressing as it reminds me of someone. Other than that, I'd say it's a great movie.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Judgement at Nuremberg.  Hoping this doesn't go from nostalgic to prophetic.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Bad Penny II

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 25, 2016, 05:52:44 AM

I sometimes feel nostalgic, not about hanging Nazis necessarily but I get it that they may have been those were the days days.  I didn't think you quite that old though.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 26, 2016, 01:19:56 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 25, 2016, 05:52:44 AM

I sometimes feel nostalgic, not about hanging Nazis necessarily but I get it that they may have been those were the days days.  I didn't think you quite that old though.

Not quite, that's why it's nostalgia.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Today is Monday, January 16, and we celebrate the work and life of Martin Luther King Jr. I'm watching: King: A Filmed Record; From Montgomery to Memphis.
I recommend it.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

I've been watching two animes recently. Both have similar main characters, in that they have a past where the murdered many people and now live a peaceful life. They are both pretty old but I watch them on a tv channel like streaming service.

The one I know best, Ruroni Kenshin, just "started" a new arc where the main character has to confront that his past is catching up with him. An old rival is out for his life, and he is as good as ever, while the main character has taken up a life of peace and hasn't fought rugged in a long time. He wonders if he is capable for the task.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bad Penny II

Travel Man.
Like many things travel can be such a bother, I think it's better to watch someone else do it.
I dislike most travel surrogates but I'd recommend Ayoade for a vicarious travel experience.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Pasta Chick

I watched the first episode of The Young Pope. I'm pretty tossed on it. It wasn't bad but it wasn't super engaging either. Can't tell what direction they're going with it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 18, 2017, 01:14:24 PM
I watched the first episode of The Young Pope. I'm pretty tossed on it. It wasn't bad but it wasn't super engaging either. Can't tell what direction they're going with it.

I recorded it, and hopefully will have time to watch it this weekend, butt other reviews I'm seeing online aren't very favorable either. At least he's "Hot", I mean that's the direction the church should go next time they are choosing a Pope. Pick one that is sexy, and hip.

Same rational as when Bishop George Carlin unveiled the "Buddy Jesus" in the movie Dogma.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."