News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Graphics Interchange Format (WARNING)

Started by Magdalena, October 26, 2015, 01:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on March 14, 2017, 07:12:08 AM
Arturo wrote:
QuoteI've always like the idea that one can say what they want, and I can say what I want about what you say, it is free speech after all.

Of course you can say what you want, Arturo, providing you are willing to face the consequences! Those might range from a returned insult through a lost friend or a punch in the mouth to an expensive court case.

Shouting, "Fire", in a crowded theatre comes under your concept but would be considered criminally irresponsible, not something a "normal" person would do. In any sane society there will be limits and exceptions to that "right".

Yeah people don't seem to get that. They think they can say what ever they want but be in their "safe space" of an impenetrable force field that is the constitution. The constitution doesn't save you from the repercussions of using your rights. You can carry guns but if your shoot someone you can go to jail. You can say a racist comment and be shunned out if existence. (Unless you're running for president then you get anything you want)
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Dredge on March 20, 2017, 04:26:13 AM
Empathy.  Why is it necessary to have empathy?  A shark lacks empathy but survives just fine.  If a shark doesn't need empathy, why should a human?

EDIT:
Added gif of human atheist without any empathy attacking a shark, and Dredge's quote.

Why? Just for the heck of it.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Yes, they are Gremlins.

Cute little Gremlins.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Icarus

Those little dudes look something like xSPs' avatar. Her little guys may be Mongoose or Meerkat.  Maybe she will tell us what they are. Are they Brazillian? 

Wiki says that the gremlins are native to Southeast Asia.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Essie Mae on March 13, 2017, 01:25:57 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on February 23, 2017, 02:18:28 AM
Me watching freeze-peachers tangle themselves in knots over all the shit we've always known about Milo. 8)

What are freeze-preachers?

Thks for that. I should have known.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Davin

Magdalena

Davin

Magdalena

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on March 30, 2017, 07:57:00 PM

That's mean.  :nu-uh:
Nah! Brilliant strategy!

Could put the kid off chocolate, which can't be bad.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74