News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Graphics Interchange Format (WARNING)

Started by Magdalena, October 26, 2015, 01:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Shang Tsung?

That's Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

"I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

He is the one who played the character

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cary-Hiroyuki_Tagawa

QuoteHis roles have also included...the evil soul-stealing sorcerer Shang Tsung in a film adaptation of the video game Mortal Kombat
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on February 21, 2017, 11:06:28 PM
He is the one who played the character

Quote from: Arturo on February 21, 2017, 11:06:28 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cary-Hiroyuki_Tagawa

QuoteHis roles have also included...the evil soul-stealing sorcerer Shang Tsung in a film adaptation of the video game Mortal Kombat

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Me watching freeze-peachers tangle themselves in knots over all the shit we've always known about Milo. 8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Magdalena

Essie Mae

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 23, 2017, 02:18:28 AM
Me watching freeze-peachers tangle themselves in knots over all the shit we've always known about Milo. 8)

What are freeze-preachers?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Essie Mae on March 13, 2017, 01:25:57 PM

It's a play on the words "Free-Speech". Sometimes commonly known or referred to as the "Free-Speech Fallacy". It's a way, especially online for some to falsely demand their right to say or comment however they like regardless of whether the content of their speech is hateful, or even hurtful.

Free speech is obviously an important right, but many folks don't exactly know what it means; for example here in the US the
"1st Amendment" to the constitution only protects one from unjust interference to limit a person's speech by the state.

It doesn't however. Apply to forums like this one, or blogs, or the comment sections to news articles, etc...just like you can't yell "Fire" in a crowded theatre, someone can't come here to HAF and tell one of us that our opinion is not only wrong, but we are a "Dick-Wad" or a "Bitch" because they don't like what we have to say, and then when they get called out for being nasty or get banned claim that their "Free Speech" was impugned, or "Freeze Peaches".

Arturo

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 13, 2017, 08:45:55 PM
Quote from: Essie Mae on March 13, 2017, 01:25:57 PM

It's a play on the words "Free-Speech". Sometimes commonly known or referred to as the "Free-Speech Fallacy". It's a way, especially online for some to falsely demand their right to say or comment however they like regardless of whether the content of their speech is hateful, or even hurtful.

Free speech is obviously an important right, but many folks don't exactly know what it means; for example here in the US the
"1st Amendment" to the constitution only protects one from unjust interference to limit a person's speech by the state.

It doesn't however. Apply to forums like this one, or blogs, or the comment sections to news articles, etc...just like you can't yell "Fire" in a crowded theatre, someone can't come here to HAF and tell one of us that our opinion is not only wrong, but we are a "Dick-Wad" or a "Bitch" because they don't like what we have to say, and then when they get called out for being nasty or get banned claim that their "Free Speech" was impugned, or "Freeze Peaches".

I've always like the idea that one can say what they want, and I can say what I want about what you say, it is free speech after all.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Arturo wrote:
QuoteI've always like the idea that one can say what they want, and I can say what I want about what you say, it is free speech after all.

Of course you can say what you want, Arturo, providing you are willing to face the consequences! Those might range from a returned insult through a lost friend or a punch in the mouth to an expensive court case.

Shouting, "Fire", in a crowded theatre comes under your concept but would be considered criminally irresponsible, not something a "normal" person would do. In any sane society there will be limits and exceptions to that "right".
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74