News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Stuff, and other stuff, old stuff, new stuff,...

Started by Biggus Dickus, October 07, 2015, 02:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on October 08, 2015, 06:50:37 AM

If you want to find a needle in a haystack, burn the haystack. Then use a big magnet.

But if you burn the haystack, then you won't be finding "a needle in a haystack", which was the original purpose.  You'd be finding a needle in an ash pile.  Just use the Big Magnet to begin with and leave the hay for the cows.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 08, 2015, 03:51:49 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 08, 2015, 06:50:37 AM

If you want to find a needle in a haystack, burn the haystack. Then use a big magnet.

But if you burn the haystack, then you won't be finding "a needle in a haystack", which was the original purpose.  You'd be finding a needle in an ash pile.  Just use the Big Magnet to begin with and leave the hay for the cows.

I agree, we're straying from the original stated purpose...however, maybe the more important question is who was in the haystack with a sharp needle, and lost it in the first place?
My guess would be Pasta Chick as this sounds just like something she would do, after all she is constantly loosing or misplacing her keys, wallet, dogs, etc...

She should be looking for the damn needle not us!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

OK, stuff, stuff, and other stuff...

I was able to resurrect my old, old computer with a hairdryer--don't ask, long story.  ::)

My problem is the C drive is completely full, 98% full to be exact. I did the disk cleanup, uninstalled programs I don't use, and the system shadow copies. I deleted all photographs, documents, and user accounts, and it's still full. Defragmented, did a virus scan, I even tried to reset it to factory setting with the F11 key, twice, and it took me back to windows.

Is there a program I can download that can help me fix this? I don't even know if I have enough space to download a program that could help me.  :-\

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on October 08, 2015, 02:58:28 PM
A razor for shaving that is made of lasers, almost as cool as a hover board.

No way!

I invented that back in the '80's!

... of course, mine was mounted in the mirror, and targeted and vaporized individual hairs.

Next, you'll tell me that someone stole my idea for the "Pootie" (charcoal filter for your undies)

Firebird

Quote from: Magdalena on October 08, 2015, 06:14:01 PM
OK, stuff, stuff, and other stuff...

I was able to resurrect my old, old computer with a hairdryer--don't ask, long story.  ::)

My problem is the C drive is completely full, 98% full to be exact. I did the disk cleanup, uninstalled programs I don't use, and the system shadow copies. I deleted all photographs, documents, and user accounts, and it's still full. Defragmented, did a virus scan, I even tried to reset it to factory setting with the F11 key, twice, and it took me back to windows.

Is there a program I can download that can help me fix this? I don't even know if I have enough space to download a program that could help me.  :-\

This might help:

https://windirstat.info/

It doesn't delete anything, but it makes it much easier to see what's taking up space. And it's less than a MB
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Thanks, Firebird, but I fixed it, sort of. I was able to back to factory setting, now I have a "new" computer, sort of.  ;D
Disk is 79% free. I'm so happy!  8)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on October 08, 2015, 10:52:05 PM
Thanks, Firebird, but I fixed it, sort of. I was able to back to factory setting, now I have a "new" computer, sort of.  ;D
Disk is 79% free. I'm so happy!  8)

Glad to hear you fixed it, sorta...was going to suggest you check system restore and see if it is using up too much drive space, or better yet suggest you simply get a Mac (As recommended by Asmo).
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

Hey! I only lose my keys like, once a week.

I wouldn't put a needle in a haystack though. What would you be doing with a needle in a haystack? I do all my sewing in the living room. If you've been leaving your hay around my living room to get mixed up with needles it's hardly my fault.

OldGit

If you get needles in your haystacks, your livestock will probably ingest one and die.  Therefore on the slightest suspicion of a needle in the fodder, an immediate search is essential.

The Sod's Law method of needle-seeking is invariably effective:  screw your partner in the hay and one of you is going to get the needle up the arse.

Recusant

Quote from: OldGit on October 10, 2015, 11:46:13 AM
If you get needles in your haystacks, your livestock will probably ingest one and die.  Therefore on the slightest suspicion of a needle in the fodder, an immediate search is essential.

The Sod's Law method of needle-seeking is invariably effective:  screw your partner in the hay and one of you is going to get the needle up the arse.

One of my sister's cats actually managed to swallow a needle. Fortunately, she noticed it was missing, and was able to get the idiotic thing into a vet and have the needle removed (at considerable expense).

A completely unrelated aside: I see that the new version of the site software has quoted text in the same size as the rest of the post. Excellent!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Totally non-appropo previous stuff, but, stuff none-the-less.

Guys, do you (or your partners) like a really comfortable and smooth shave with a razor? I do. Tried loads of products but still it felt a bit rough and sore.

About three months ago I was suffering from dry skin on my hands and tried a little of the hand cream on my face then shaved that bit. Great! I invested in a cheapish mens' face cream. The cream acts as a softener and lubricant, most gets scraped off and what is left treats the skin.

Added advantage is that, in emergencies, you don't have to strip down for a soap and water job.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74