News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Ayn Rand reviews children's films.

Started by Siz, December 20, 2014, 08:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siz

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/ayn-rand-reviews-childrens-movies

Quote from: New Yorker
?Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory?

An excellent movie. The obviously unfit individuals are winnowed out through a series of entrepreneurial tests and, in the end, an enterprising young boy receives a factory. I believe more movies should be made about enterprising young boys who are given factories. ?Three and a half stars. (Half a star off for the grandparents, who are sponging off the labor of Charlie and his mother. If Grandpa Joe can dance, Grandpa Joe can work.)

Incisive as ever Mrs Rand.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Eric V Arachnid

That's bullshit, "I believe more movies should be made about enterprising young boys who are given factories."
No body never gave me a factory, I had to manipulate a bunch of smelly proles to seize my first factory.
That Wonka seems suss to me, a likely pederast trick I think, probably did it lots of times.
I don't think the factory ever changed hands.
The chocolates in the supermarket still say Wonka, not Bucket.
Misanthropic Curmudgeon

Biggus Dickus

"I believe more movies should be made about enterprising young boys who are given factories."

What about enterprising young girls, why can't they be given factories, huh Ms. Rand? Women, even the strong ones you created in you novels are only fit to submit themselves to your ideal protean male hero right? Well fuck you and your tetosterone-fueled male heroes.

My daughter would make one kick-ass factory owner.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

?Up?

A man refuses to sell his home to serve the convenience of others, which is his right as an American citizen. He meets a dog, which neither finds food for him nor protects him from danger. He would have been better off with a cat. There are no cats in this movie. ?Two stars.
:)

Suddenly I feel a little ridiculous owning a cat.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"