News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Jesus Camps

Started by ANT in LOU, January 31, 2008, 05:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANT in LOU

I have a six year old nephew that believes he is a christian.  He is no more a christian than he is a member of the postal workers union.  We are all born atheist. No one is born with a belief in anything. Its not until someone introduces us to religion that this changes.  He should be up to eight oreo cookies a day :)  Let him be a kid for godsake! no pun intended.  If parents are terrorizing their children with religious indoctrination something should be done to reach these innocent children and relieve suffering.  LIBERATE CHILDREN FROM RELIGIOUS TYRANNY! It may amount to psychological torture.

Smarmy Of One

I heard that the camp that was featured in the JESUS CAMP documentary has since been closed down. I have no idea if more such camps exist or if that very camp quietly re-opened.

Edizzle

Hi
I went to a Jesus camp in July of last year, it was grueling. 3 to 4 services a day....Although thats the most religious I've ever been, it was still a bit much.

Interesting about all being born atheists, its very true. A good way to disprove   religion, I guess, would be to isolate people from it their whole lives...Surely god would intervene if he were real?

ShimShamSam

Yeah I was wondering if someone somewhere made the comment of people being born and isolated their whole life. I would say like the kid in the jungle book, but I think he had basic Hindu beliefs before he was lost in the jungle. Can someone tell me if there's an active thread about this topic elsewhere? Maybe in the philosophy section, I don't know.