News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

LDS Church Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley dies and ...

Started by filip3rd, January 28, 2008, 05:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filip3rd

and I have to listen to it over and over and over since i live here in Salt Lake city. Their prophet is dead. Yes amongs the mormon he was not president but a prophet just like Moses, Muhammad, Jesus, abraham and the rest of the gang !!!
“Anarchism, really stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government.”

JebusKryst

the only difference being that he actually existed! lol

Gibson

Yikes.  Did you used to be Mormon?  I have a college buddy that is a Mormon and spent some time as a missionary here in the US.  Finding that interesting (I was a Christian at the time), I asked him a few questions about his faith.  He put on a nice presentation, but his story was Swiss cheese when I asked direct questions.  I think I was starting to make him feel uncomfortable (and I was extremely nice), so he basically said he had to go.  We never discussed religion again.  

Do you think Mormons in Salt Lake City are really true believers, or is it more a cultural thing?  I was just thinking about how a lot of Catholics in areas of high concentration tend to be cultural Catholics - go through the motions, believe because it's all they know, and don't see a need to think too deeply about it.  I wonder if it's the same for Mormons.
Anyone who can worship a trinity and insist that his religion is a monotheism can believe anything ... just give him time to rationalize it.
-- Robert A Heinlein, from Job: A Comedy of Justice