Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

Quote from: Dave on April 15, 2018, 12:49:50 PM
Quote from: Essie Mae on April 15, 2018, 12:32:20 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on April 15, 2018, 12:07:16 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 15, 2018, 02:18:24 AM
Pollen. I'm doubled up on benadryl just to remain functional.
I know that feeling. I am huddled in the corner awaiting the imminent onslaught of the birch trees.

That's burst my bubble; so excited by forecast of first real good weather of the year that I forgot about the hayfever. Good news Guardian and JJ is that for me anyway, it is not as bad as when I was younger so here's hoping things improve for you too.

I blame a niece for my hayfever  (which is, fortunately, only mild). I had not suffered from it until she got married. I had, for tge first time, to wear a floral button-hole. After several hours of having this thing almost stuffed up my nose it has never been the same since!

Mine came out of nowhere when I was 21. Strangely the allergy I had to hot water, (always had very quick showers ever since) which gave me urticaria, just stopped at the same time.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

I have to present a paper on Tuesday, and I'm trying to finish the damn thing but it's huge and complex...and...and...full of figures.  :cryandrun:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

I just cut the ever loving shit out if my thumb. The cut was clean enough that it doesn't hurt but I'm bleeding through the bandage. Might have to break out the super glue if it doesn't stop soon.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on April 25, 2018, 05:10:58 PM
I just cut the ever loving shit out if my thumb. The cut was clean enough that it doesn't hurt but I'm bleeding through the bandage. Might have to break out the super glue if it doesn't stop soon.

I used pvc electricians tape when I did that! But there is still a bloody thumbprint on the attic ladder (thinks, put some 1st aid stuff in the attic.)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

:puke: :watching:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

Go get some gauze from the store and put pressure on it to stop the bleeding then wrap that shit tight.

That's what they told me in first aid anyways.

If it's still bleeding, might have to go to the doctor instead of poisoning your skin with glue.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Quote from: Arturo on April 26, 2018, 02:20:49 AM

Go get some gauze from the store and put pressure on it to stop the bleeding then wrap that shit tight.

That's what they told me in first aid anyways.

If it's still bleeding, might have to go to the doctor instead of poisoning your skin with glue.

As Matt Damon said to Jeff Bridges, it will knit. Also, superglue is fantastic for stopping bleeding in a pinch. It burns a little but I cut myself a lot and driving an hour to the nearest hospital for stitches isn't feasible in a lot of cases.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Not sure if this should be here, in the chuckle thread or the jokes one.

Two visits in three days to a local clothes/household store - new signs up, "Click and collect for only £1.50 per order!"

All gay colours, pretty patterns and smiling faces. Looked very positive, proactive.  Didn't mention that C&C had been a free service up until then . . .

I suppose there might be a few custoners who are as stupid as the marketing psychologists who think these things up.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

*shudder!*

Ice would hurt but it would probably help lessen the bleeding.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on April 27, 2018, 03:15:48 PM
I suppose there might be a few custoners who are as stupid as the marketing psychologists who think these things up.

There always are, that's why they keep using these tactics!

No one

The clowns to the left and the jokers to the right.

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 27, 2018, 09:46:47 PM

*shudder!*

If I'd been at the farm I could've dunked my thumb into a dewer of liquid nitrogen!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 28, 2018, 01:24:15 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 27, 2018, 09:46:47 PM

*shudder!*

If I'd been at the farm I could've dunked my thumb into a dewer of liquid nitrogen!

You don't have to go to such an extreme!