News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Proud to be a (your country here).

Started by Genericguy, July 11, 2012, 06:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on July 23, 2012, 01:12:17 PM
I would have felt like that after Agincourt.  Great credit to Bradley Wiggins, but he didn't rid the world of a single Frenchman.
No, but he severely bruised a few egos!!  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Siz

Quote from: Tank on July 23, 2012, 01:13:08 PM
Quote from: OldGit on July 23, 2012, 01:12:17 PM
I would have felt like that after Agincourt.  Great credit to Bradley Wiggins, but he didn't rid the world of a single Frenchman.
No, but he severely bruised a few egos!!  ;D

Yeah, you can take comfort, Git, from the fact that there are more French left alive to contemplate their own demise.

And possibly even more galling (pun intended) that Wiggo is an accomplished Francophone and conducts all his local interviews in the native tongue. Did you hear him when asked about his meeting with French President Francois Hollande by a French interviewer last week (not when he won) he said (in French) with a smirk "Oh I thought that was the fella from Big brother".

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

OldGit