News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Removing gender bias from Royal succession

Started by Stevil, July 11, 2012, 12:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

OK, I know this is small, but sometimes the tail does get to way the dog.

Proud to be a Kiwi

Succession change: NZ leads work

Guardian85

The norwegian constitution was amended to establish gender equality like that some time ago. They were however not able to make the change retro active, so the current Crown Prince is the heir despite being the younger of the two children of the King. The next in line after him, though is a lovely little lady.

King Harald V, Crown Prince Haakon, and Princess Ingrid Aleksandra

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

markmcdaniel

It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

The Magic Pudding

United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, and Saint Kitts and Nevis.  I don't know if any of those are likely to object.  Some countries I'd consider not progressive at all have elected female leaders.

OldGit

As with Norway, we couldn't change the rules for the present generation and crown Anne instead of Charles, but I think it should be done in time for any of William's offspring.

xSilverPhinx

Actually, if you think logically, it makes more sense that the maternal line is the line of succession, because you can always be sure that the mother really is the mother, at least in pre-rent belly times.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey