News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Brave

Started by Sweetdeath, June 24, 2012, 05:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

So i met up with two friends yesterday morning for an early showing of Brave.

I must say, i already came in expecting to like this movie, because-- finally a redhead female main protagonist. I mean, i really did enjoy it more than i thought it would.

The real story about the main girl Merida mending a bond with her mother. How she mends it is quite unexpected!

It did made me cry (as all the mother/daughter stuff does get me fairly emotional~ ;o;)
But I do recommend it. I think it does a great job of blending comedy with serious tones, as Pixar tends to do.
And thank the stars, there are no idiotic pop culture references thrown in there like so many other animated films (shrek) tend to do. :)

Go see it with your kid, or with your friends, or be that guy in the corner with their popcorn and helmet soda. I really think you'll have a great time!!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Haven't seen Brave yet but I've never seen a bad Pixar film yet.

Did you know that Pixar will now only accept story proposals from Pixar staff that have worked on at least one whole previous Pixar movie?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Husband and I took T to see Brave yesterday.  We all really liked it.  I love Pixar because I think that they make movies that the whole family can enjoy.  Trust me, as someone who has seen He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword about elevenity billion times in the past several months, I appreciate a movie that is actually watchable to people over the age of 8.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on June 24, 2012, 05:44:28 PM
Husband and I took T to see Brave yesterday.  We all really liked it.  I love Pixar because I think that they make movies that the whole family can enjoy.  Trust me, as someone who has seen He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword about elevenity billion times in the past several months, I appreciate a movie that is actually watchable to people over the age of 8.

I'm glad you liked it!!

I appreciate a movie that has realistic characters. Even if you can't relate to the situation, you can relate to their feelings and emotions

It made me miss my mom so terribly, but i enjoyed the movie immensely. :)

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on June 24, 2012, 05:37:06 PM
Haven't seen Brave yet but I've never seen a bad Pixar film yet.

Did you know that Pixar will now only accept story proposals from Pixar staff that have worked on at least one whole previous Pixar movie?

I didn't know that.
I do know, however, that no Pixar movie has ever grossed below 100mil.

xSilverPhinx

I like Pixar movies/animations, hopefully this one will air during a promotional afternoon session in a movie theater. :)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

My wife took two of our grandkids to see it Saturday. They loved it. We have a brand new theater in our little city and it's really nice. 

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 27, 2012, 04:48:53 AM
My wife took two of our grandkids to see it Saturday. They loved it. We have a brand new theater in our little city and it's really nice. 

Awesome. Glad you enjoyed.

hismikeness

I sometimes wonder how long Pixar can keep it up. In my opinion, the only of their movies that wasn't epic was Cars 2. Otherwise they just keep hitting home run after home run.

Toy Story 1, 2 and 3- all awesome
Bugs Life
Incredibles
Monsters Inc (and its planned prequel Monsters University)
Ratatouille
Finding Nemo
Cars
Wall-E
Up
And now Brave, which I've yet to see but seems to be getting good word of mouth reviews.

It really is tremendous the success they've had over nearly 20 years. Not including Brave, which is still in theaters, all 12 movies are on the top 50 grossing animated movies of all time, and Brave appears to be well on its way to the list after only a week.  :o
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Sweetdeath

Quote from: hismikeness on June 28, 2012, 08:37:05 AM
I sometimes wonder how long Pixar can keep it up. In my opinion, the only of their movies that wasn't epic was Cars 2. Otherwise they just keep hitting home run after home run.

Toy Story 1, 2 and 3- all awesome
Bugs Life
Incredibles
Monsters Inc (and its planned prequel Monsters University)
Ratatouille
Finding Nemo
Cars
Wall-E
Up
And now Brave, which I've yet to see but seems to be getting good word of mouth reviews.

It really is tremendous the success they've had over nearly 20 years. Not including Brave, which is still in theaters, all 12 movies are on the top 50 grossing animated movies of all time, and Brave appears to be well on its way to the list after only a week.  :o

So looking forward to the Monsters university. Looks pretty amusing!

And no one i know liked Cars or Cars 2 XD...