Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Religion / Re: reasons I likely won't make a good Xtian
« Last post by Papasito Bruno on Today at 02:01:01 PM »
Just some quick thoughts to throw out there.

-I really don't like the human species in general
-I don't believe in forgiving or 'turning the other cheek'
-in a practical sense I don't have a problem with abortion even though I think it's disgusting
-in a practical sense I also don't have a problem with eugenics.  I might even be a supporter of it.
-I don't much like the bible.  One problem with it and why it's so easy for xtians to find a bible verse for about every one of life's situations is simply because there is so much content to it.  It just goes on and on and on.  I'm also not a fan of how matthew, luke, and mark all read nearly identically.  Isn't it like the same thing repeated 3 times?
-I already mentioned this before:  I hate xmas, and the holiday season in general

I'll add more items as I think of them.  The list of reason to not be a xtian is gonna be a lot longer than reasons for it

I don't understand, you say you don't have a problem with abortion, yet you find it disgusting?

I personally believe that abortion care is a positive social good, and I also think it’s time more people said so and announced themselves to be not only pro-choice, but pro-abortion which is my public stance on the issue.

The procedure itself is rather ... uh, unappetizing.  Ever see the alien movies?

Anyway I won't go too deep into my views on it right now--don't feel like being called a nazi and a racist, lol.  And mag might come unglued and start pulling her hair out if she read it.  Maybe one day we'll get into a good discussiion about it

Almost any surgical procedure would seem "unappetizing" to those not accustomed to such sights. Both my children were born via C-Section. I missed the first birth of my daughter unfortunately, but was there in the operating room for my sons birth...usually they don't bring the father's in until just before they actually remove the baby from the uterus, but our doctor was kind enough to allow me to observe practically the entire procedure starting with the incision into the abdomen, then the incision into the uterus, followed by one into amniotic sac ...I imagine someone who is not used to seeing such things would find it unsettling to say the least. I was on the other hand enthralled with the entire procedure, especially when they pulled my beautiful boy from my wife's uterus.

I'll tell you what is disgusting...ever see what a piece of lead shrapnel can do to a human body, or an IED? Some bullshit "Alien" movie ain't got nothing on that....my thought is you've probably never witness an abortion first hand anyway, so why even portray the procedure as disgusting in the first place?

Anyway you don't need to respond to this.

Ask HAF / Re: Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list.
« Last post by Papasito Bruno on Today at 01:38:07 PM »
I selected this option:
Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list.
...Will this block the member's messages or posts?  :headscratch:
I don't want to see any more posts from AngelOfDeath, how can I continue to come here without having to read anything he posts?

You should see this now whenever you are in a thread and someone you block has posted something:

You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Mr. Member formerly known as Father Bruno.

You've had access to this option all this time and you didn't tell me about it!?   :cryandrun:

I could change my name to "Mr Member"...that's cool as well, maybe "Mr Member Grande'?

Anyway, uh that option...I think...that's...pretty common...knowledge... on forums like this...???

I don't currently use it, but anyway I understand Mags, heck I remember my first forum. Good luck and welcome to HAF :rawr:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by Dave on Today at 12:58:08 PM »
Not exactly a grump...

I keep a daily check of my weight as advised for sufferers of cardiomyopathy. I also keep running 4 weekly averages. Last Sunday it was 63.35kg.

Wednesday was 63,1, yesterday 63.8 and today 64.2. That is at the reporting limit. Rang surgery, instructions back to double diuretic dose for two days.

See what Monday brings...
Religion / Re: reasons I likely won't make a good Xtian
« Last post by No one on Today at 12:53:42 PM »
It's one thing to speak freely, and rustle the plumage of some delicate little dove. It is entirely something different to purposely choose the language of an intolerant, narrow minded asshat!
The Sunday School teacher was speaking to her class one Sunday morning and she asked the question, "When you die and go to Heaven, which part of your body goes first?"

Suzie raised her hand and said, "I think it's your hands."

"Why do you think it's your hands, Suzie?"

Suzie replied, "...Because when you pray, you hold your hands together in front of you and God just takes your hands first!"

"What a wonderful answer!" the teacher said.

Little Johnny raised his hand and said, "Teacher, I think it's your legs".

The teacher looked at him with the strangest look on her face. "Now, Johnny, why do you think it would be your legs?"

Little Johnny said, "Well, I walked into Mommy and Daddy's bedroom the other night, Mommy had her legs straight up in the air and she was going, 'O God, I'm coming!'

If Dad hadn't had her pinned down, we'd have lost her."
Parenting Beyond Belief / Re: Dawkins writes book for Children
« Last post by Tank on Today at 11:04:55 AM »

Well I have not read it.  And I've never read anti-atheist material.  And from what I understand, Dawkins is rather the posterboy for the modern atheist movement, or at least was at one time--I don't keep up with popular fads
The God Delusion was a book written about the right subject at the right time. There were 4 main anti-theist authors around at the time. Daniel Dennett (the one I wish I could be), Christopher Hitchens (the one I channel on Facebook), Sam Harris (ambivalent about him) and RD, I've expressed my opinion about him.
Parenting Beyond Belief / Re: Dawkins writes book for Children
« Last post by Tank on Today at 10:59:48 AM »
I used to moderate on the Richard Dawkins forum. I have to say I am not a fan of the guy. He's very much a product of his privileged colonial upbringing. I had to email him about something. He replied but he didn't respond to my question. He replied to correct how I had used an apostrophe in his name. He's not a particularly good philosopher either but The God Delusion changed me from a passive atheist to an active one. I had not really understood the impact creationists like Ken Hamm in the USA. That said what he has done is raised the profile of atheistic thought and just how insidious theism is in the human world. So like all of us he's not perfect but through his work on evolution he has advanced the sum total of human knowledge.

I was a bit confused about where to put the apostrophe when writing Dawkins in possessive form.  is it dawkin's or dawkins' or dawkins's?  hmm

Send him an email. If you don't get a reply you know you used the right one.
Science / Re: Centenary of Arthur C Clarke's birth.
« Last post by Tank on Today at 10:28:37 AM »
He rally was a visionary.

GIVEN RECENT FORUM EVENTS I AM REALLY FUCKING HESITANT TO DO THIS AND SO HELP ME I AM RIGHT ON THE EDGE. FUCKING BEHAVE IN THIS THREAD.

Mags. I need a .gif for a marching guard/soldier.
Music / Re: What are you listening to?
« Last post by AngelOfDeath on Today at 07:55:26 AM »
i put in the word 'austrailia church' into gogle since i was trying to find this song and all these headlines about clergy sex abuse comes up.  just thought it was kinda ironic  :lol: :daddance:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10