Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Religion / Re: "Spirirualisation"
« Last Post by No one on Today at 07:28:55 PM »
I see "it" as an energy. This energy flows through everything in existence. When the body hosting the energy becomes to frail to carry on, the energy is released and recycled.
« Last Post by Arturo on Today at 06:39:06 PM »
Collective conscious
Philosophy / Re: I Have Written Down My Philosophy
« Last Post by Arturo on Today at 06:28:42 PM »
Are you OK, Arturo? :scratch:

What does "one step into myself" mean? It's poetic and I would like to fully understand it. Something like introspection?

Self-Actualization through isolation
Nothing wrong with Hondas. They build excellent vehicles. I drive one under their Acura label. But their four cylinders sound ridiculous with a performance exhaust. Even when you see a seven second Civic it's hard not to shake your head when you hear it make a pass. It sounds like it's passing, well... Gas.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: That Awkward Dream
« Last Post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 05:56:35 PM »
...but it was a great dream.

That's great Father Bruno. :tellmemore:
« Last Post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 05:47:45 PM »
I think, at least in my experience, that a lot of the more traditionally religious people don't like the use of the label "spiritual but not religious" by people who believe in some divine power but don't follow a particular creed or church. Growing disillusionment with groups bound to religious institutions is one of the reasons people take to this view. Not only do some look outward to quench their spiritual thirst and feel united with something larger than themselves, but also look inward. 'Spirit' can refer to a collective feeling but it can also refer to individual essence, thus being present in all levels of society.

As an atheist I would much rather refer to my inner essence as 'spirit' over much more loaded words such as 'soul'. IMO the religious 'own' that.  ::)

It seems to be part of the humsn survival toolkit. Should we be so afraid of using it? Are there other terms or phrases that we can use for "spirit" or "spiritual" that give the same sense of a united intent?

Zeitgeist for instance. I can't think of any good ones...'psyche of the times' has an almost cacophonous ring to it. :P 'Milieu'?
Politics / Re: Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald
« Last Post by Icarus on Today at 05:07:51 PM »
The Donald has stepped on his own dick again. He did a pretty well orchestrated speech about the planned Afghan procedure. The next day, at the Arizona speech he made a complete ass of himself by going way out in right field off script to denigrate the two Arizona senators who are not his toadies. He also assured the Arizonans in attendance that the  Beautiful Wall was a sure thing that would keep the illegal rapists out of Phoenix and Tempe, and also praised the fascist like sheriff Araipoa and his baloney sandwiches.  The crowd was enthralled by such eloquent oratory.

Meanwhile the Washington contingent is becoming more and more critical and threatening of the almost daily clown act.  This is the first time I have found myself on the side of Mitch McConnell who is visibly and vocally fed up with the Tweeter In Chief.
Pound coin gag scoops best Edinburgh Fringe joke award

The top 15 funniest jokes from the Fringe 2017

1. "I'm not a fan of the new pound coin, but then again, I hate all change" - Ken Cheng

2. "Trump's nothing like Hitler. There's no way he could write a book" - Frankie Boyle

3. "I've given up asking rhetorical questions. What's the point?" - Alexei Sayle

4. "I'm looking for the girl next door type. I'm just gonna keep moving house till I find her" - Lew Fitz

5. "I like to imagine the guy who invented the umbrella was going to call it the 'brella'. But he hesitated" - Andy Field

6. "Combine Harvesters. And you'll have a really big restaurant" - Mark Simmons

7. "I'm rubbish with names. It's not my fault, it's a condition. There's a name for it..." - Jimeoin

8. "I have two boys, 5 and 6. We're no good at naming things in our house" - Ed Byrne

9. "I wasn't particularly close to my dad before he died... which was lucky, because he trod on a land mine" - Olaf Falafel

10. "Whenever someone says, 'I don't believe in coincidences.' I say, 'Oh my God, me neither!"' - Alasdair Beckett-King

11. "A friend tricked me into going to Wimbledon by telling me it was a men's singles event" - Angela Barnes

12. "As a vegan, I think people who sell meat are disgusting; but apparently people who sell fruit and veg are grocer" - Adele Cliff

13. "For me dying is a lot like going camping. I don't want to do it" - Phil Wang

14. "I wonder how many chameleons snuck onto the Ark" - Adam Hess

15. "I went to a Pretenders gig. It was a tribute act" - Tim Vine

Was going to put these on, but didn't have time. 5 is my favourite.
Philosophy / Re: I Have Written Down My Philosophy
« Last Post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 04:53:04 PM »
Are you OK, Arturo? :scratch:

What does "one step into myself" mean? It's poetic and I would like to fully understand it. Something like introspection?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10