Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Too bad for him that he didn't do it while on duty, then he'd still have his job.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump
« Last Post by Davin on Today at 06:46:06 AM »
Life As An Atheist / Re: What has HAF ever done for me?
« Last Post by joeactor on Today at 06:45:26 AM »
Siz! Good to hear from you...

Echos on a lot of the other thoughts about HAF. It's a friendly place to toss about ideas, gripes, and kick back. Kinda like a bar, I imagine (don't really go to bars).

I think you should start a Transhumanism thread. I'd be for augmentation once it's been tested a bit more. Could see replacement of parts, enhancement of memory, maybe even a direct connection to the internet. Then I could surf HAF IN MY MIND!!!

Cheers,
JoeActor
Music / Re: What are you listening to?
« Last Post by Father Bruno on Today at 05:28:39 AM »
That was cool Mags, you know I'd forgotten about this cool trio of dudes...need to update my playlist, thanks- 8)

if i could write my own story i would have this song playing the moment i was born; my favorite windows rolled-down, cruising down the highway in the summer song-

Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
« Last Post by Father Bruno on Today at 05:15:30 AM »
Sometimes i feel as if i'm on the bow of a great ship, leaning out against the rail, enjoying the view of the horizon in front of me, and then i realize i'm onboard the Titanic and it's sinking...what it feels like to be in Trumps Dickheads america these days.
We don't usually let theists in on it, but since you claim to be "fascinated by atheism," I'm going to lift a corner of the veil: Bacon is the most holy sacrament of atheism. Don't tell anybody.

You didn't address the content of the supposedly "empty, unoriginal rhetoric." If it's so familiar to you, there must be an answer that you are also familiar with. Strange that you didn't use it.
Religion / Re: Do you respect believers?
« Last Post by Gloucester on Today at 02:01:06 AM »
If I send you $10, will you respect me for one week?
No, respect is earned, not bought.

Give $10 a month to a charity like MSF or Save the Children and you will earn a little respect from me for that act.

Demonstrate a sincere understanding that there are evil and good people in every faction of belief and unbelief and you will earn a lot more.
« Last Post by Tom62 on Today at 01:41:02 AM »

Make it $1000 and I'll think about it  :)
Religion / Re: I can't stand Trump or Christians. How do I get over this?
« Last Post by Dredge on Today at 12:42:38 AM »
It comes down to the same twaddle that's been peddled by casuistic god-botherers for millennia. The only "real" morality is that which some group of pious self-important mountebanks says comes from a supposedly supernatural external source that they believe to exist in a realm that's safely out of reach to anybody alive.
Is empty, unoriginal rhetoric the best you can muster against my argument?  Come on, surely an intelligent chap like you can think of something meatier than this!

-----------------------------

P.S.  What does "Has Received Bacon" mean?
« Last Post by Dredge on Today at 12:35:24 AM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10