HAF Photo Challenge: A Different Perspective

Started by Recusant, November 28, 2017, 04:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on December 16, 2017, 01:46:11 PM
They sometimes make me feel ill.
I have to admit the moving spirals type illusion can upset my balance sensors. Visual dissonance can cause sea sickness type probs. But stationary ones bother me not.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dave on December 16, 2017, 01:53:12 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 16, 2017, 01:46:11 PM
They sometimes make me feel ill.
I have to admit the moving spirals type illusion can upset my balance sensors. Visual dissonance can cause sea sickness type probs. But stationary ones bother me not.

Ye, it's a bit like motion sickness, Escher is fine.
Flickering light I think maybe???  triggers epileptic fits, or not.
I look away before things go awry.

I've had migraine, I think, and I think that might be relevant.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

I think a lot of it has to do with expectation. If you expect to feel a little queasy you might. 

Recusant

I'm going to extend the deadline to give a chance to those who'd really like to enter something but haven't yet. People are busier at this time of year, so perhaps another week or so.  :computerwave:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

I think my brain has gone into hibernation (perhaps I should take that hat off?) - no inspirations at all. Doesn't help that I have not gone out further than the supermarket for weeks.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on December 19, 2017, 04:32:39 PM
I think my brain has gone into hibernation (perhaps I should take that hat off?) - no inspirations at all. Doesn't help that I have not gone out further than the supermarket for weeks.

There should be some interesting perspective possibilities along the supermarket aisles.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 19, 2017, 04:34:51 PM

There should be some interesting perspective possibilities along the supermarket aisles.

I just seem to have lost the ability to observe - I have to make it a task on its own. If I go to town all thoughts of shopping, even my beloved book shop, have to be expunged. I find it very hard to concentrate. Researching, looking for a solution to abptoblem... things like that still come naturally, hold my concentration. Technical photography is a favourite. But in public places my attention is 99% on the people round me and I cannot switch it off.

Will try harder, but I need something different, that the chances of another finding is slim. I was never just a snapper.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on December 19, 2017, 04:51:13 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on December 19, 2017, 04:34:51 PM

I just seem to have lost the ability to observe - I have to make it a task on its own. If I go to town all thoughts of shopping, even my beloved book shop, have to be expunged. I find it very hard to concentrate. Researching, looking for a solution to abptoblem... things like that still come naturally, hold my concentration. Technical photography is a favourite. But in public places my attention is 99% on the people round me and I cannot switch it off.

Will try harder, but I need something different, that the chances of another finding is slim. I was never just a snapper.

I can empathize with what you are saying. I am also usually not a snapper. The downside is that I over-think and over-plan everything, which is probably quite clear when you look at my photos.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Recusant on December 19, 2017, 04:14:38 PM
I'm going to extend the deadline to give a chance to those who'd really like to enter something but haven't yet. People are busier at this time of year, so perhaps another week or so.  :computerwave:

Thank you kind sir, I actually have mine ready, but since we have another week I'm going to wait to submit just in case I see something better...otherwise I'll send my stuff in by the 27th.

8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2017, 11:33:55 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 19, 2017, 06:52:48 PM
Here's another example of perspective:  ;D

I see it! :grin:

My six year old can see it. :grin:
I showed him the image with no words, asked him if he could see the two dinosaurs and he said, "Yes, (pointed), right there."
:yes!:

:secrets1: He doesn't know who they  :airquotes: really :airquotes: are.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant