News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

The Atheists of Today Show announcement

Started by WogglebugLover, November 17, 2017, 01:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WogglebugLover

I have been conceiving of this concept for a web series to make with this excellent animation program I have known as IClone 7. It's  going to be called something like the "Atheism of Today Show." And I've been planning a list of subjects for episodes (a total of 13 so far) and the first episode has to do with the Creation Story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. I've been thinking about how to do the episodes and whether they should be done as a variety show, or as a sitcom, or as series of interviews with myself hosting them.

The characters I have that I want to use are Father O'Daniel, a priest who represents one side of the argument, and Dr. Floyzenfloogen, a scientist who represents the other side of the argument. And a cute "sock puppet" monkey who represents a child's psychological viewpoint on both sides. I can do so many things with just these three characters alone.

I was wondering if there are any creative minded people on here who would be willing to suggest any additional kinds of characters for the series and any other ways to do the how with them? Anything is welcomed of course and thanks in advance.

Tank

Hi

Did you loose the details of your previous account?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

If you think about it, this, "Atheism of Today Show" sounds like this forum.  :notsure:

QuoteThe characters I have that I want to use are Father O'Daniel Bruno, a priest who represents one side of the argument, and Dr. Floyzenfloogen Claireliontamer, a scientist who represents the other side of the argument. And a cute "sock puppet" monkey SisterAgatha who represents a child's psychological viewpoint on both sides. I can do so many things with just these three characters alone.

QuoteI was wondering if there are any creative minded people on here who would be willing to suggest any additional kinds of characters for the series...
We have a god, a witch, trolls in the dungeon, let's see, what else?  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on November 17, 2017, 11:37:48 PM

We have an old git, which I think is some sort of elf.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 18, 2017, 02:22:47 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 17, 2017, 11:37:48 PM

We have an old git, which I think is some sort of elf.

I almost forgot the one who thinks he's a robot, one who orchestrated the moon landing, A Borderline Troll, and the one who is a A Borderline Witch....must be politically correct.  ;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on November 18, 2017, 03:57:21 AM
I almost forgot the one who thinks he's a robot, one who orchestrated the moon landing, A Borderline Troll, and the one who is a A Borderline Witch....must be politically correct.  ;)

Indeed we must.   :supercilious:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

If you are to do this with an air of authenticity, you may need to do some relevant research. For a good start on the Adam and Eve account in Genesis....and elsewhere, do take a look at the recent best seller book: The Rise And Fall Of Adam And Eve. The author is Stephen Greenblatt who is a professor of Humanities at Harvard University.  He is a pulitzer prize winner for a different book. Goldblatt spends some time discussing John Milton, Isaac La Peyrere, Bartalome de las Casas, Voltaire, and a bunch of other old world thinkers.

The author refers to the voyages of Columbus who discovered some eastern Caribbean islands populated with naked inhabitants. The natives felt no shame about their nakedness but Adam and Eve found it desirable to sew fig leaves to cover their genitals. Why do the natives have no shame? Have they not eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?  Why are so many of them in this remote place that could not have been geographically connected to the biblical Eden which may have been in the land of the Sumerians...or in some other location on the flat earth.....Cain was cast out of Eden and went to the Land of Nod.  There he married a woman and built a city.......wait a damned minute. Where did that woman come from ? We are in the land of Nod. How did Cain build a city without help from people who could not have been from Eden?  Were there other people on this earth when God made the biblical couple?  Almost certainly yes!  Adam and Eve was not named by the God of the creation myth. They were named by the Jews of the old testament.

This is a scholarly book that is easy enough to read. He never does say out right that the Genesis story is straight up bullshit. He is after all an Ivy league scholar who wishes to keep his cushy job. For what it's worth, Harvard has a prestigious school of theology. He does give us more than enough enough material to render the biblical story a convenient myth for the Christian faithful. For we Heathens, the use of the term Bullshit is appropriate for the book of Genesis.  Greenblatt gives us ample evidence and reasoning to support our position.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74