News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinion

Started by Pasta Chick, December 21, 2016, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on September 20, 2017, 05:26:52 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 20, 2017, 02:57:35 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 19, 2017, 04:19:23 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 19, 2017, 04:09:01 PM
Quote from: Davin on September 19, 2017, 03:44:37 PM
I like pineapple on pizza sometimes.

Never tried that, but it sounds good.

I don't like it too much.

How about... :notsure: a pineapple sandwich? Two fat slices of pineapple with a slice of ham and cheese in the middle...

Maybe not. I'm not feeling that adventurous.  :P

McDonald's tried that for their catholic customers. The Aloha Burger went head to head with the Filet O' Fish sandwich during Lent many years ago. The pineapple and barbecue sauce combination didn't make it past the first day.

:bleh:

Oh, McDonald's did it? All of a sudden the idea seems really disgusting.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: Father Bruno on September 19, 2017, 10:47:29 PMSo let me just say I'm not crazy about when using a public toilet, and after sitting down I find myself on a warm seat, which obviously implies someone else's ass was just recently sitting there.

This was part of a topic I had with a friend today during lunch,it developed after he excused himself from our table at the restaurant and went to the restroom.

When he returned he mentioned how happy he was that the seat he used was warm...(I know what your thinking, why would anyone make such a remark during a meal, and I agree it's totally inappropriate, but he's in his mid or late 70's so I guess he doesn't know better)

Anyway, after I thanked him for instilling such a horrible vision in my head of him on a toilet seat, I told him I thought the warm seat remark was gross, as I prefer a cold seat. We discussed this at length for some time, in my opinion I believe I won the argument. Our waitress seemed to agree with me as well.

I know what you are thinking, what does it matter if someones ass was on the seat ten seconds before you used it or 30 minutes ago?

Any butt germs are still there regardless of the time between seatings. I mean let's be honest here...regardless of the time of passage between when a person has used a seat I realize at some point someone else's naked butt was on the seat before mine, but it's just that the warmth of the seat implies some type of intimacy that I don't care to have with a complete strangers butt, especially a man's. (I would be singing a totally different tune here if it was say, Salma Hayek's butt who had warmed the seat prior to my use, but that's completely different, most men are pigs...)

So anyway I don't like a toilet seat warmed by another person's ass unless it's Salma Hayek, or maybe Deepika Padukone, Lisa Haydon, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Lupita Nyong'o, Jennifer Lawrence, Zoe Kravitz, Penelope Cruz and again Salma Hayek.

I'm sure all of you agree with me, especially about Salma Hayek. 8)
I agree with you. A warm toilette seat is as wrong as eating a PB&J sandwich after water was spilled on it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Icarus

Today is the beginning of Rosh Shashana (sp)  How about pineapple on a bagel? Would that be kosher?

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on September 21, 2017, 05:58:55 AM
Today is the beginning of Rosh Shashana (sp)  How about pineapple on a bagel? Would that be kosher?

Rosh Hashanah is a big deal in my predominantly Jewish neighbourhood, so I will be heading to the local supermarket for some delicacies like raisin challah and honey.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

American  football on Thanksgiving...I just can't.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

I HAAAAAAAAAAATE football!

I think I could probably deal, but the NFL is just so fucking gross I can't.

I hope Kapernack is playing so I can root for him and piss in everyone's Cheerios.

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 22, 2017, 12:53:50 AM
I'm not sure if this should be here, or here: Language oddities and funnies.  :notsure:

Why is this American Football called "football" when the feet are not used in the game...that much...or as much as in soccer/ futbol?

Why do they win the...the...is it the, World Championship? When only teams from the USA participate.  :notsure:

And that's not really a "ball" or "football" is it?  :eyebrow:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on November 22, 2017, 05:19:58 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on November 22, 2017, 12:53:50 AM
I'm not sure if this should be here, or here: Language oddities and funnies.  :notsure:

Why is this American Football called "football" when the feet are not used in the game...that much...or as much as in soccer/ futbol?

Why do they win the...the...is it the, World Championship? When only teams from the USA participate.  :notsure:

And that's not really a "ball" or "football" is it?  :eyebrow:

But "rugby", using an odd shaped ball as well, is really called "Rugby football".  Story is that a player in a football match at Rugby School picked up the ball and ran with it, inventing a new game.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 22, 2017, 01:17:03 AM

I hope Kapernack is playing so I can root for him and piss in everyone's Cheerios.

That may not be an unpopular opinion around here.

I hate the commentators, their oh so manly voices getting so very excited and shouty, it gives me the creeping gripes.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 22, 2017, 01:17:03 AM

We go to my sister's house every year for Thanksgiving, and she is a big football fan. She lived on the east coast for years so she's an even bigger Patriots' fan...just to annoy me she been buying my son Brady jersey's and t-shirts since he's been a young kid, and as he outgrows them she buys new ones.

She always has the games on in the other room while we are all gathered together getting dinner ready, etc...thankfully she turns the sound off so we don't have to listen to the (I agree with the Penny here) even more annoying announcers.

I just ignore the games and socialize, but the problem is my brother-in-law. This guy is everything I'm not...Trump supporter, gun nut, racist, misogynist, loudmouthed, opinionated ass. (I'm an ass, just not a heavily opinionated one)
They only think we have in common is he is also a vet...though he was in the Navy, so (Insert Navy Joke Here)!

He gets all worked up with these games, and the players, he thinks Kapernick should be strung up by the highest pole...I get bugged to go sit with him, because besides my son all of the other people attending Thanksgiving are women. (My sister is gay, and her and her wife who host Thanksgiving also always invite a number of their friends to attend, and it's a lot of fun. I'm sure my brother-in-law secretly hates being in the midst of a Lesbian Thanksgiving, but he's smart enough not to dare say anything)

Last year he was mad at some player for being disrespectful and we got into an argument, I finally just walked away.

I just hate the thought of having to sit and pretend to enjoy the stupid football game (I made a promise to my mother before she passed away that I would do everything in my power to keep the peace between my brother-in-law and the rest of the family)

It's so boring, football...this year we are taking some board games with us, and my son said he would split time with his Uncle and the TV to spare me having to sit with him too long.

My plan is to get everyone playing along with the games. We'll see.

Next year hoping to visit my daughter and son-in-law in their new house for Thanksgiving so I don't have to deal with it.

End of Rant.

Dave

I think I have seen more fights and broken friendships over soccer than for any other reason - even over girls amongst the young drinking class.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dave on November 22, 2017, 02:51:38 PM
I think I have seen more fights and broken friendships over soccer than for any other reason - even over girls amongst the young drinking class.

Well that's different as soccer is a real sport, and the games are enjoyable to watch, and don't last 5 hours. Of course the greatest Football Club is Liverpool FC...all of you Manchester Fans can go suck an egg!

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 22, 2017, 03:13:44 PM
Quote from: Dave on November 22, 2017, 02:51:38 PM

Well that's different as soccer is a real sport, and the games are enjoyable to watch, and don't last 5 hours. Of course the greatest Football Club is Liverpool FC...all of you Manchester Fans can go suck an egg!

Soccer, like American football, is a beast of many levels: commodity, industry, personal achievement, tribal affiliation (even at local, amateur level) . . . Rugby is damn near as bad but less selling and buying of players so less utter greed mixed in with the sport.

America has that whole other level where the academic institutions vie for players and offer scholarships as enticement.

Bluenose

Well, I'm an equal-opportunity football hater.  Soccer, rugby, rugby league, American football, Aussie rules, Gaelic football, I don't care, I hate it all.  Don't football followers realise it's just a game? It's not as if it were something important, like cricket.   ::)
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Cricket, what's that? Is that when a bunch of people rub their legs together in order to produce a sound to banish all silence? And the award goes to who can produce the loudest?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey