News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Religious comedy memes etc.

Started by Tank, November 13, 2016, 09:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

I had a thought the other day. It's what popped into my mind when Mexican Jesus died in American Gods. The religion of christianity preaches forgiveness (or at least it did for a time). Well who was forgiven? The vague "us". But we didn't do anything. We didn't do anything to the Jews or to Jesus. In fact, the old testament was wrought with God punishing the Jews, his own people. Well when the Jews killed Jesus aka God, who would really be getting even then? The Jews. The Jews were the ones forgiven by the God of the Jews for doing...whatever it is they kept doing. And they did that by punishing and beating their God to death, who was the one doing that to them up until the point. Eye for an eye right? It seems the ones who were forgiven was in fact "us" as long as that "us" is jewish.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Arturo

This is disgusting to me on so many levels
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 18, 2017, 10:29:13 PM
That's satire, right? Right? :notsure:

It's satire. Taking a look a the website in the photo tells you that.

From the 'masturbators anonymous" section

Quote7. We humbly asked Lonnie to remove our shortcomings, and administer his Golden Shower of Redemption upon us.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

Steven Colbert legitimately founds the church : Our Lady of Exemption,  For real.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

Great fun in a grimly realistic sort of way.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on September 17, 2017, 05:33:16 AM
Steven Colbert legitimately founds the church : Our Lady of Exemption,  For real.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

Great fun in a grimly realistic sort of way.
That is one form of sickness that has not really established itself in the UK. There are branches of American religiocons (maybe a neologism there!)  in the UK but they do not seem do attractive (and I think our tax and fraud laws are tighter).

However, one guy at work was a member of the Brit branch of one - I remember the effect on him when the head honcho was found guilty of just about every financial offence (plus a few "religious" ones, like greed) and sexual offences. Took a long time to get over it but he remained a dedicated religionista. I found it very difficult to have any sympathy for him.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

This isn't a meme, but where else do you put something like this?

The guy that owns this van delivers newspapers to our office building, so I've seen his van parked outside for years, but yesterday when I arrive at work I noticed he had some new lettering on the side of the van (Entire van is covered with this stuff including similar pictures on the side, plus the front, both sides and rear are covered with more of random verses, and other shit)

So I snapped this picture, and walked up to the side of it to take a picture of the new verse on the side, but then realized the owner was sitting in the van drinking coffee, and he gave me a weird look so I turned and ran away.

New verse on the side said something about how God was "Ratcheting up the heat in hell for all of us atheist, non-believers...anyway I just don't understand how someone can drive around in something like this...imagine if this was your neighbor? 

Dave

FrB wrote:
Quote...anyway I just don't understand how someone can drive around in something like this...

Easy if you have more dollars than brains cells!

Icarus

See that sticker on the back of the van?  That dude does not read his bible carefully enough. 

I find it amusing....and slightly annoying... that deep end xtians spout bible verses that suit them but never the verses that do not comply with the "God is love" thing.

Dave

In the window of a church in town a sign reads, "God does not have favourites".

Maybe not, but he apparently does have those he hates or cannot be bothered to protect. Those that he subjects to disease, afflictions, pain, disfigurement; whom he kills with fire, with knives, bullets and bombs. He has been a killer since he was invented so why change now?

No one

Well, it god 2.0. The kinder and gentler megalomaniac. Everyone is excepted, unless you're gay, you support abortion rights, or simply do not subscribe to groveling for its everlasting mercy.

Biggus Dickus

xSilverPhinx

Ooh!  :computerwave:

The only one that stands out from that group of made ups is the dinosaur.  :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey