News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Talking to myself . . .

Started by Dave, July 04, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Claireliontamer

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

:therethere: I'm sorry to hear this, Father Bruno.
It's so sad.  :felix:
Thank you for sharing it with us.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Condolences to you, friend of a friend.  Brotherhood does not fade easily.

Sandra Craft

So sorry for this, Father Bruno.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Biggus Dickus

Thanks for all of the thoughtful comments everyone. I do appreciate it.

It's nice to have a place like this were one can voice their thoughts and feelings, especially with situations like this as it really helps to cope with my emotions. Thanks again everyone.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

I'm sorry, Bruno. That is a terrible thing to go through.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

I am considering the possibility that I may be attracted, physically and romantically, to the so called "attention-whores".

My last main romantic interest was very desperate for attention and I caught on quickly. I also see this a bit in myself, internally and outwardly. The people I hang out with online also have the traits of attention queens.

I've never considered I need attention before but looking back I can feel a "high" from when I posted a conterversial video on facebook. I also find myself included in drama. Not alot but...okay maybe alot.

Maybe I'm not as bad as some people but I know there are varying degrees of attention seeking. Hmmm, things to ponder....
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

I dunno, perhaps the old saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" is correct.

I went to Screwfix earlier to pick up another new toy tool. On the way back, because there was a three car sized gap in front of me, and a fully stuffed road behind, I flashed (with my headlamps you understand) the guy waiting to get out of a petrol station to do so. He waved and roared off in true boy racer style with spinning wheels.

Well, sometimes it encourages other road uses to show good manners to yet others in return . . .

Trouble is it did so in this case. The driver exiting via burning rubber then stopped almost immediately to let someone out of the very next turning. By this time I had caught up and almost went up his exhaust pipe!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on July 14, 2017, 08:51:18 PM
I dunno, perhaps the old saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" is correct.

I went to Screwfix earlier to pick up another new toy tool. On the way back, because there was a three car sized gap in front of me, and a fully stuffed road behind, I flashed (with my headlamps you understand) the guy waiting to get out of a petrol station to do so. He waved and roared off in true boy racer style with spinning wheels.

Well, sometimes it encourages other road uses to show good manners to yet others in return . . .

Trouble is it did so in this case. The driver exiting via burning rubber then stopped almost immediately to let someone out of the very next turning. By this time I had caught up and almost went up his exhaust pipe!

Bahaha
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on July 15, 2017, 02:38:17 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on July 14, 2017, 08:51:18 PM

Bahaha
:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

And I say, hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah
I said hey, what's going on?

I think I just may adopt this as a greeting. :daddance: :wave hi:

:smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 22, 2017, 03:17:48 AM
And I say, hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah
I said hey, what's going on?

I think I just may adopt this as a greeting. :daddance: :wave hi:

:smilenod:

Great song, one of my favorites...Linda Perry is awesome 8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱