Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Puzzle
« Last Post by Gloucester on Today at 11:35:13 AM »
Oops, mis-read a quote there!  :redface:
« Last Post by hermes2015 on Today at 11:31:13 AM »
I think the idea that people are left or right brained is one of those pervasive myths that makes no sense, unless you have no corpus callosum. Few things, such as language, are hemisphere-specific.

Much like the myth that we only use 10% of our brains (we don't). People believe all sorts of weird things about the brain. :chin:

Oh, yes, I am quite aware of what you are saying and agree 100%. I am just using the left-right nomenclature as a convenient label for two different ways of dealing with this kind of problem.
« Last Post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 11:26:47 AM »
I think the idea that people are left or right brained is one of those pervasive myths that makes no sense, unless you have no corpus callosum. Few things, such as language, are hemisphere-specific.

Much like the myth that we only use 10% of our brains (we don't). People believe all sorts of weird things about the brain. :chin:   
« Last Post by hermes2015 on Today at 11:09:46 AM »
NO! The left-sided The Asmo is still at it and determined to figure out a way.  >:(

I can't wait to see your solution. Will it also give the subsequent terms?
« Last Post by Gloucester on Today at 10:56:34 AM »
I think I am decidedly left sided, brainwise. I said that I could handle numerical progressions and sequences but, on reflection, probably only basic ones - I can cope with Fibonacci!

Anyway, make the following true with a single stroke of the "pen" (not one that negates the equals sign!)

2I50 = I0 I0 I0
Media / Re: Ark park failure blamed on atheists?
« Last Post by No one on Today at 10:55:07 AM »
I guess E.F. Hutton is an atheist.
Media / Re: Ark park failure blamed on atheists?
« Last Post by Asmodean on Today at 10:22:49 AM »
Those be the least-worst Liberals.  >:(
Media / Re: From Facebook - on taking sides
« Last Post by Asmodean on Today at 10:14:24 AM »
Yes, I think I'd be OK with that. Thus far though, I'm just too... Middle-class for that to be the path of least resistance.

Too small an observation sample to call it either way.

Inconsistencies to clarify? Point, and I shall attempt.
« Last Post by Arturo on Today at 10:08:15 AM »
I gave up. I didn't try hard either haha

A clue for you: use the right side of your brain, not the left.

Hmmm....nope. Got nothin. Think that area of my brain was very neglected as a child.
« Last Post by Asmodean on Today at 10:06:08 AM »
NO! The left-sided The Asmo is still at it and determined to figure out a way.  >:(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10