Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Deeper into the Trump Abyss.

Started by Dave, January 30, 2017, 07:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on August 11, 2017, 04:31:55 PM
Quote from: Davin on August 11, 2017, 03:38:25 PM
Remember that up until the impeachment, even Nixon had a about the same approval ratings.

Simply more evidence against about a third of American citizens, IQ-wise.

OK, I know, it is the same everywhere, there is always a faction that will vote with their gonads, or their body waste disposal orifices, rather than their brains. From gun-nuts who will vote for any pro-ownership/carry candidate, regardless of all other matters of state,  to those who are out of touch with rationality, always voted red or blue and not really interested enough to think about it.

On this side of the pond, I can think of no person worth voting for in any governing position.

I believe 'Merica is going through or experiencing another period of growth or maturity. Let's face it we are compared to European nations and governments we are still a relatively young nation, maybe not adolescents anymore, but rather impetuous young adults. I also think this is more of a societal growth issue than simply a political or governmental one.
I almost feel like we are headed toward another civil war (Not so much a physical one, but more ideological)

Part of our problem here if not one of the main issues is the dumbing down of our society, and I think the following articled explains this quite adequately.
"Ray Bradbury Reveals the True Meaning of Fahrenheit 451: It's Not About Censorship, But People "Being Turned Into Morons by TV"

"...being turned into morons by TV." Johnson quotes Bradbury describing television as a medium that "gives you the dates of Napoleon, but not who he was," spreading "factoids" instead of knowledge. "They stuff you with so much useless information, you feel full."

...anyway, only 3.5 more years to go right?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 11, 2017, 03:04:53 PM
After the blasting Mitch McConnel received recently from Trump, maybe some of the Republicans who sided with Trump against there better judgement during the election will now sadly realize the following:

Original article here.

Funny thing about this...yes Donald Trump hates them. This was the side that called anyone else who aren't totally aligned with them "cucks". (Urban Dictionary that if you don't know what it is). But now they are the ones who are actually the "cucks" and they voted him in!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 11, 2017, 05:19:46 PM

...anyway, only 3.5 more years to go right?

Quote"Let's see what he does with Guam?" --Donald T.
:worried: :haironfire: :worried:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

And another one hits the road . . .
QuoteMerck CEO Ken Frazier resigns from Trump council in protest, and the president swiftly bites back

And old Snowflake hits out like a little kid.

https://endpts.com/merck-ceo-ken-frazier-resigns-from-trump-council-in-protest-and-the-president-fires-right-back/
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on August 14, 2017, 04:34:43 PM
And another one hits the road . . .
QuoteMerck CEO Ken Frazier resigns from Trump council in protest, and the president swiftly bites back

And old Snowflake hits out like a little kid.

https://endpts.com/merck-ceo-ken-frazier-resigns-from-trump-council-in-protest-and-the-president-fires-right-back/

Yes, President Snowflake thought with his tweet he could sink the CEO and Merck, but Dickhead is overestimating the power of these tweets. His attack has backfired, and hopefully is providing a lesson for Wall Street that they have nothing to fear from this Nazi enabling president.

Merck stock is having its best day since July 27!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Arturo

Trump's going to be all alone. Does that give him more or less power ways to mess things up?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on August 15, 2017, 03:43:32 PM
Trump's going to be all alone. Does that give him more or less power ways to mess things up?

Trouble is, since these "council" members are his chosen appointees he will probably just replace them with his favourite arsewipes sycophants yes-men other captains of industry.

Arturo

By the time we hit 2020 he will be employing hobos.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Look out, guys and gals, Big Brother Trump is flexing his authoritarian muscles...

QuoteUS demands details of 1.3m visitors to anti-Trump site in crackdown on protestors

QuoteThe US Government has ordered a web hosting service to disclose information about visitors to an anti-Donald Trump website, raising fears about privacy online.

The Department of Justice issued a warrant asking for the details of people who own, operate and have visited the DisruptJ20 website, which coordinated protests at Trump's inauguration.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/08/15/us-demands-details-visitors-anti-trump-site-crackdown-onprotestors/

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on August 15, 2017, 09:44:25 PM
Look out, guys and gals, Big Brother Trump is flexing his authoritarian muscles...

QuoteUS demands details of 1.3m visitors to anti-Trump site in crackdown on protestors

QuoteThe US Government has ordered a web hosting service to disclose information about visitors to an anti-Donald Trump website, raising fears about privacy online.

The Department of Justice issued a warrant asking for the details of people who own, operate and have visited the DisruptJ20 website, which coordinated protests at Trump's inauguration.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/08/15/us-demands-details-visitors-anti-trump-site-crackdown-onprotestors/

By the time they do that, they probably already have all that information. They did the same thing with an iPhone. The FBI demanded Apple get them into a person's iPhone and they refused, there was a big fuss about it in the news, then the FBI came out and said they already cracked it. Apple responded by saying they will make a phone even THEY cannot hack.

I wonder if this has more to do with making a jail-break proof phone and less to do with criminal justice. But technically that's impossible as long as you have the source code.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Well, now even more businessmen have walked out of Trump's industrial rebuilding council it seems he is disbanding the councils altogether.

The pundits say that he will not be able to make good his core election promise to rebuild America's industrial base without these people.

So, what comes next I wonder?

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on August 16, 2017, 08:14:48 PM
Well, now a even more businessmen have walked out of Trump's industrial rebuilding council it seems he is disbanding the councils altogether.

The pundits say that he will not be able to make good his core election promise to rebuild America's industrial base without these people.

So, what comes next I wonder?

The same bullshit

Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Seems that though the High Priests of Mammon have deserted Trump the Godly Evangelicals have not, despite mixed messages about Trump's responses to Charlottesville.

QuoteCEOs Are Abandoning Donald Trump, But His Evangelical Advisors Are Staying Put

QuoteJerry Falwell, Jr., the head of Liberty University who's been a Trump supporter since early in his campaign, celebrated Trump's "bold truthful" statement about Charlottesville. (Which one? The first one which denounced "many sides"? The second one which was read off a teleprompter? Or the third one where he took back his condemnation of the alt-right and neo-Nazis?)

QuoteAfrican American megachurch pastor A.R. Bernard signed a statement condemning white supremacist groups... but he hasn't said anything about leaving Trump's council.

QuotePastor James MacDonald called what happened in Charlottesville "pure evil," but it's not enough for him to denounce Trump.

QuotePastor Jentezen Franklin said of the "white racist" march that it was "evil personified and we denounce it. This is what hatred and sin looks like." yet he's still on board with Trump.

And, just for a change:

QuotePastor Jack Graham hasn't left. In fact, he retweeted a call for a statue of Charles Darwin to be torn down because Darwin was a "white supremacist" and "racist if ever there was one."

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/08/16/ceos-are-abandoning-donald-trump-but-his-evangelical-advisors-are-staying-put/

Davin

If the religious people standing behind him weren't scary enough, Trump is also trying to get personal information of protest groups.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/15/dreamhost-is-fighting-doj-request-for-1-3m-ip-addresses-of-visitors-to-anti-trump-protest-site/
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.