News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on November 17, 2017, 04:17:58 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 17, 2017, 03:23:36 PM
The small celebration would be easier, but less surprising.
True... But she probably already has plans.  :sad sigh:
~Let's just do a small celebration and hope she shows up. Remember last time we celebrated No one's 1000 posts and he/she never showed up.  :(

Bummer, I could go for a road trip right now. I guess the small celebration will have to do. Did anyone get a present for Buddy? What does she like? Diamonds, fancy cars, etc...?

That was very rude of No one not to show up for that party we had for them, especially after blowing up all those balloons. Some people ::)

By the way, where's Claire been lately?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

~Let's just do a small celebration and hope she shows up. Remember last time we celebrated No one's 1000 posts and he/she never showed up.  :(

True . . . true.  OK, I'll bake an imaginary pie.  I'd do cake, but pie is so much better.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 17, 2017, 04:37:52 PM
Bummer, I could go for a road trip right now. I guess the small celebration will have to do. Did anyone get a present for Buddy? What does she like? Diamonds, fancy cars, etc...?
I'm not sure what she would like.  :scratch: That's a good question.

That was very rude of No one not to show up for that party we had for them, especially after blowing up all those balloons. Some people ::)
Yeah, I hope he/she reads this and feels bad about it.  :snooty:

By the way, where's Claire been lately?
I don't know, she comes and goes.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 17, 2017, 05:20:24 PM

True . . . true.  OK, I'll bake an imaginary pie.  I'd do cake, but pie is so much better.
What would you like for your 9000 posts celebration?
Do you like seafood?  :eyebrow:
Favorite pie? :eyebrow:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

I like a nice tart myself.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dave on November 17, 2017, 07:46:33 PM

I like a nice tart myself.

Pies. Pies man. There is nothing better than a homemade pie. Two weeks ago we celebrated my birthday, and my oldest sister always bakes an apple pie for my birthday, because again pies rule, and cakes are boring.

This year she made two pies, one for me to blow out my candles and make a wish on a share with everyone, and another just for me.

My own pie man, I had an entire homemade apple fucking pie all to myself...of course that was a short lived reality as I also have a 22 year-old son living at home with us, and he made me share it with him. :P

Tarts are okay on a picnic, maybe while taking a train,... or to share in bed with Salma Hayek, but for Buddy's party we need pies.

8)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on November 17, 2017, 07:23:44 PM

I have nearly 9,000 posts?  Damn.

I love seafood, all seafood, but I don't eat calamari anymore because their eyes make me feel guilty.  I also love key lime pie, but it doesn't really go well with seafood.  Maybe fish pie?

Sandy

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 18, 2017, 02:21:02 AM

I love seafood, all seafood, but I don't eat calamari anymore because their eyes make me feel guilty.  I also love key lime pie, but it doesn't really go well with seafood.  Maybe fish pie?

I've never had a fish pie.  :shifty:

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on November 18, 2017, 04:02:08 AM

Ah, stargazy (or starry gazey) pie.

That one is low on my pie chart, those fish heads, ugh!

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on November 18, 2017, 04:36:52 AM

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dave on November 18, 2017, 04:36:52 AM

Um, yeah....those are not pies folks...those are abominations against the Pie Goddesses, and thouest who have baketh such evilness shall feel the fires of the eternal bakers ovens.

Seriously WTF?

Dave

I am if the opinion that anything, fruit, veg, or walking, crawling or swimming critter, that can be cooked in a pastry case qualifies as a pie.

It's just that some of those should then be disposed immediately after cooking according to local, Hazmat (biological hazard), rules.

Sandra Craft

I saw that in Ladies in Lavender -- first fish-related thing I've ever not liked.  So, no.  You can bake some fish in a pot pie, but no star gazing fish.
Sandy

Icarus

Simple Simon met a pie man on the way to the fair...........................and so forth.

My deceased wife was a world champion apple pie maker. She was adamant about using the proper apples which she frequently proved by using only carefully selected McIntosh variety.

Fish pie? No thanks! Not four and twenty blackbirds either. Please, not Kidney pie....

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 18, 2017, 11:09:56 PM
I saw that in Ladies in Lavender -- first fish-related thing I've ever not liked.  So, no.  You can bake some fish in a pot pie, but no star gazing fish.
I don't bake seafood.  :shifty:
...Sorry...

How about a nice ceviche de camaron, pulpo, y calamari?  :smilenod:

...And a side order of oysters?  :eyebrow:
Unas cervezas...
~There's a party, right there.  ;D