News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 08, 2017, 12:18:32 AM
I just bought 73 books.  :sidesmile:

Now I have to sell them.
Sell books? I do not understand this concept.  :???:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Velma

We're watching "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them."

Movie: "You can't Obliviate an entire city."

My husband: "Yes you can. Just make them watch Fox News for an hour."
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Velma on July 08, 2017, 01:33:25 AM

Now I have to sell them.

Heheh.  :secrets1: Sometimes we do the unimaginable to make a little money on the side...

(They are children's books, in English, which I bought for an excellent price. Apparently parents and especially grandparents with money to spare love to give their children and grandchildren books to stimulate literacy and help them learn a second language.)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 08, 2017, 01:44:41 AM
Quote from: Velma on July 08, 2017, 01:33:25 AM

Now I have to sell them.

Heheh.  :secrets1: Sometimes we do the unimaginable to make a little money on the side...

(They are children's books, in English, which I bought for an excellent price. Apparently parents and especially grandparents with money to spare love to give their children and grandchildren books to stimulate literacy and help them learn a second language.)
Well, since it is to promote literacy and a second language, I suppose I can understand that.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on July 08, 2017, 01:44:14 AM

:rofl:  That comment just became one of the most enjoyable things about that movie.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 08, 2017, 03:23:06 AM
Quote from: Velma on July 08, 2017, 01:44:14 AM

:rofl:  That comment just became one of the most enjoyable things about that movie.
He does that sort of thing all the time. I love watching movies with him. His dialogue is often better than the original. His commentary is just hilarious. He should be part of the cast of MST3K.

xSilverPhinx

I bought a new cellphone, relatively cheap. My almost useless old one has a 2 hr battery life (remind me never to buy cheap Samsung phones again) so I'll use that as a decoy in case I get robbed.

No one

Since it's  a Samsung device, you've already been robbed.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on July 12, 2017, 01:16:27 AM

Not quite. I didn't pay for the device, just the crappy telephone service that came with it so it's not as bad as that.

Dave

Quote from: No one on July 12, 2017, 01:16:27 AM

Well, so far my Samsung mobile and tablet have done all I have asked of them.  Maybe my standards are low? But I would never pay the price of, say, an iPhone regardless if its quality - you pay for the name and image. I need neither in my lifestyle.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

I need an Android device to run the Cambridge Audio Connect app for my music database and am thinking of getting the Samsung Tab 3. Can anyone suggest a better option? I would love to run the app on my Windows 7 PC, but it only runs on Android.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

I need an Android device to run the Cambridge Audio Connect app for my music database and am thinking of getting the Samsung Tab 3. Can anyone suggest a better option? I would love to run the app on my Windows 7 PC, but it only runs on Android.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 12, 2017, 09:03:32 AM

I had a Tab 3 and found it OK but a little long in the tooth now, had to change the battery after 2 years. Running a Note 10 and quite happy with it. More issues with Android than with the hardware.

Do not buy  a Tab E! You can't change the battery in those.

hermes2015

Quote from: Gloucester on July 12, 2017, 09:11:23 AM

I had a Tab 3 and found it OK but a little long in the tooth now, had to change the battery after 2 years. Running a Note 10 and quite happy with it. More issues with Android than with the hardware.

I meant the new one, the Tab S3. It has had some good reviews. I will check the battery situation.
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 12, 2017, 09:47:47 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on July 12, 2017, 09:11:23 AM

I meant the new one, the Tab S3. It has had some good reviews. I will check the battery situation.

Coo, expensive toy, that! Seems it is tops on video but . . .

Cannot find anything about replacement batteries but may just be too early. I am hoping tablets do not become "chuck away" when their unreplaceable batteries hit the end of their re-charge life.