News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Kurdistan Mission trip!

Started by SisterAgatha, October 16, 2017, 01:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

Well it's official!

Myself and my fellow nuns (Sister Eustace, Sister Elizabeth, and Sister Aloysius) just got our Mother superior's permission to go on a mission trip!

It won't be somewhere bland and pedestrian like Latin America or Africa. No.. it will be Iraqi Kurdistan! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghemj62q3Ig

Is it not a lovely country? It is like God's own country so to speak.

Me and the nuns have mission set up, and we will be giving the "Good news" to those Kurds. They have been so poorly treated for so long. Even worse..they do not know the Catholic faith.

Have any of you been to Kurdistan? If you have..what do you think of it?

xSilverPhinx

Please, stay away from Latin America...far away.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Haven't been, but it's apparently about to get much, much, worse.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Kurdistan is a beautiful tropical country full of cute little Asians. In my opinion the rumours of cannibalism and human organ trafficking are highly exaggerated. They worship the Goddess Kallhi. They should love you there, probably with Black Bean sauce.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Apparently breasts and testicles are a prized delicacies. Either way you should go down very well.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dragonia

Well sister, this video, which I've now seen twice, is the beautiful, idyllic version of Iraqi Kurdistan. I hope you aren't going over there to enjoy this kind of scenery, because I assume you won't be getting much of this.
The only goal you state for your adorable little trip is "giving the good news to those Kurds". I fervently hope you have more in mind than just that, if your trip is even real, which I of course highly doubt.
The humanitarian crisis is quite an issue, with escaping Syrians, as well as others; my hope is that your Lovely Little Church will bring some actual physical relief in the form of sanitation assistance, food, clean water, warmth for the coming winter. I promise you, your "good news" is the last thing these people need right now.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

SisterAgatha

Quote from: Dragonia on October 16, 2017, 12:43:45 PM
Well sister, this video, which I've now seen twice, is the beautiful, idyllic version of Iraqi Kurdistan. I hope you aren't going over there to enjoy this kind of scenery, because I assume you won't be getting much of this.
The only goal you state for your adorable little trip is "giving the good news to those Kurds". I fervently hope you have more in mind than just that, if your trip is even real, which I of course highly doubt.
The humanitarian crisis is quite an issue, with escaping Syrians, as well as others; my hope is that your Lovely Little Church will bring some actual physical relief in the form of sanitation assistance, food, clean water, warmth for the coming winter. I promise you, your "good news" is the last thing these people need right now.

Way ahead of you Dragonia. As a matter of fact we (and the strapping young lads and lasses  from St. Norbert's and St. Clare's high schools) will be visiting a Syrian refugee camp.

All the Syrian refugees are God's children and all deserve help and affection. We will be bringing pens, pencils, little toys, things western children often take for granted but are a real blessing to the Syrians.

We aren't trying to "convert the heathens" as you might put it. It might be someone dangerous to actually try to convert people of Islamic or Yazidi faith. We will be concentrating our effrots and outreach to the Syrian/Iraqi Catholics (of different rites than Roman mind you...but Catholic nonetheless).

It is my hope that the sisters and the young men and women will be sharing Christ's love with the people in such a way that they will evangelize by their deeds and personalities as opposed to say "street preacher witnessing". Such is my hope

Biggus Dickus

OK wise guy! I know your not a sister and I doubt any mother superior would approve of a mission trip to Iraqi Kurdistan. It's not as if they don't need it..they do! I just think there are other people more receptive to the gospel than a great many of the Kurds.

What is their problem anyway? I know they aren't a Catholic nation but they seem to have long since abandoned whatever Islamic sect they had (Thats the trouble with Muslims...they can never agree on their own teachings and are condemned to split up forever.)

At least I respect the Shia, Sunni or Sufis types. They at least have real theological disagreements. Baha'is and Ahmadiyyas? Please! It's like they want the pretty architecture/music of Las Vegas without its stringent moral requirements. And come on... Grand Ayatollah (Ayatollah Uzma),  is God's appointed representive on earth? As if!)

I feel so bad for those nuns who work in the red windowed shops. They are sluts pure and simple and nobody ever seemed to have raised them correctly or shown them the straight and narrow.

It seems like a ghastly place all in all. Sharia law, having to grow a beard, and all kinds of carrying on is underway...perhaps Catholic missionaries are wasted on thee pure of heart in Africa and Asia. Perhaps it is time to shake the Middle East out of it's licentious,sensual materialistic torpor..Perhaps New Jersey could do the job?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Just tell me one thing, Sibling. Will there be access to the internet in Kurdistan?

No one

The lord shall be the conduit.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: No one on October 16, 2017, 05:47:59 PM
The lord shall be the conduit.

I wonder what kind of bandwidth speed god has? What do you think 10–15 Mbps? Or maybe because it's god it has something like 50+ Mbps?

Probably doesn't roll over though...
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

:watching: I suddenly understand :airquotes:  the Cloud.

Maybe people have been doing this prayer thing wrong all along? Perhaps you should upload a document, video or whatever to :airquotes: the Cloud and only then will it be answered.

No one

It has to be for than 50 to handle the flood of information, don't you think?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on October 16, 2017, 06:27:46 PM
It has to be for than 50 to handle the flood of information, don't you think?

:notsure: I think to achieve omniscient status one would require much, much more.

Ooh!  :computerwave: Maybe, just maybe, god doesn't answer all prayers because of server overload?

~~~

Peeps, I think I have converted. There is a god of the internet and Jobs is not his prophet.