News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Glad to be here

Started by Curt, June 29, 2017, 06:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curt

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 29, 2017, 02:27:24 PM
Welcome to the Forum my son, now please ask god to forgive thy trespasses, and say three Hail Mary's in repentance. 8)

What type of Christians is your family if you don't mind me axing?

My dad was Methodist and my mom is Catholic.

EDIT: Sorted quotes. Tank

Essie Mae

So you were probably a bewildered mixed up kid. A good springboard for scepticism I should think.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Curt

Quote from: Essie Mae on July 05, 2017, 01:02:49 PM
So you were probably a bewildered mixed up kid. A good springboard for scepticism I should think.

Yes indeed it made ma a bit confused.  Apparently they could not agree which church to raise my in so they chose a 3rd option.  Sent me to a Baptist church

OldGit

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Curt on June 30, 2017, 04:37:07 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on June 29, 2017, 02:27:24 PM
Welcome to the Forum my son, now please ask god to forgive thy trespasses, and say three Hail Mary's in repentance. 8)

What type of Christians is your family if you don't mind me axing?

My dad was Methodist and my mom is Catholic.

EDIT: Sorted quotes. Tank

Interesting, both my parents were Catholic, which is how I was raised to include 12 years of Catholic school. Did you have religious training in both versions or did they stick to one type of Christianity over the other?

I had a friend whose father was Presbyterian, and his mother Catholic, but he was raised strictly Catholic. Same went for my mother, grandpa was Lutheran, and grandma was Catholic, but my mom and all of her siblings were raised as Catholic.

Funny story, apparently back around when my Grandparents got married (1920 I think) it was pretty risky for a Lutheran and Catholic to get married, apparently my Grandma's family was against it so they eloped from Michigan to Ohio to get married.

Grandpa converted to Catholicism on his deathbed.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."