News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Creationist/Flat Earth/Etc Images

Started by Pasta Chick, December 07, 2016, 03:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

And

The irrationality of humankind has the same limits as its rationality it seems.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick

Maybe, if I knew what they would accept as "proof". Although that type is notorious for not accepting said proof regardless.

In any case;

Icarus

Icarus

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4579   Interesting bit about imposter science types/ creationism/Grand Canyon/ etc.

Icarus

There are an astounding number of college students, even those in the STEM disciplines, that deny evolution.  That is a problem for professors of biology and other sciences. Here are some ideas about how to deal with committed theist students.....https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2017/08/01/teach-evolution-students-hold-creationist-views/

No one

Try as they might, there's no fixing stupid!

Asmodean

Quote from: Pasta Chick on July 12, 2017, 10:15:03 PM
Sic in the name of The Asmo!
Well, yes. Facepalm and all that, but the explanation seems a little misguided also. Newtonian gravity pulls things towards the center of the Earth. Einsteinean gravity states that it's the curvature of space that causes objects going in straight lines to orbit each other. By extension, it's the space pushing us towards the centre of gravity.

It's subtle, yet the difference is rather profound when you start examining it.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

Quote from: Asmodean on August 07, 2017, 11:37:01 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on July 12, 2017, 10:15:03 PM
Sic in the name of The Asmo!
Well, yes. Facepalm and all that, but the explanation seems a little misguided also. Newtonian gravity pulls things towards the center of the Earth. Einsteinean gravity states that it's the curvature of space that causes objects going in straight lines to orbit each other. By extension, it's the space pushing us towards the centre of gravity.

It's subtle, yet the difference is rather profound when you start examining it.

Well they taught me Newtonian physics in high school rather than actual physics. Which was profound to me in that it didn't look like it was well detailed or actually answered any questions other than "why don't I fly away?"
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

Yes, that is certainly an aspect of it. While a person of certain... Level of education, not to mention intellectual integrity, will look at the facts as relative to varying degrees, a person who wants to believe that the Earth is flat can latch onto semantic imprecisions and outdated approximations (and approximations are something both Newtonian and Einsteinean gravity are) in order to "prove" that their narrative is true and just and righteous and that Australians do, indeed, walk the right way up. Hmph! Ridiculous!  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

Quote from: Asmodean on August 07, 2017, 12:24:02 PM
Yes, that is certainly an aspect of it. While a person of certain... Level of education, not to mention intellectual integrity, will look at the facts as relative to varying degrees, a person who wants to believe that the Earth is flat can latch onto semantic imprecisions and outdated approximations (and approximations are something both Newtonian and Einsteinean gravity are) in order to "prove" that their narrative is true and just and righteous and that Australians do, indeed, walk the right way up. Hmph! Ridiculous!  >:(

I find the level of critical thinking lacking on the part of those who believe this flat earth bullshit. And not only that, the level of evidence they actually need to believe bullshit is completely underwhelming. Meanwhile, when they ARE provided with evidence, they actually deny it on all grounds. They don't want to be open minded about it for some reason but also for some reason they are open minded to the idea that the earth is flat.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

Precisely. When your hypothesis hinges on there being a conspiracy, you may need a new hypothesis.

Also, notice how most of them are of the opinion that "NASA lied, damn them! >:( " Well... NASA is not the only game in town, my friends... Not the only game at all. In fact, the commies were in space before any one else.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Pasta Chick

I feel like this is probably Poe, but I can't prove it's not (by definition I suppose) and it made me laugh so hard I snorted

Biggus Dickus

^^That definitely makes total sense if you follow that NASA is the leader behind the whole hoax/conspiracy thing, but I'm starting to think more and more of these and similar post are posted by poes and trollers, it is really funny though.

I like this one a lot, because it ties in the whole Christianity and Satanic viewpoint while disproving us "Yappy Globe Earthers".

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."