News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Transgenders and public restrooms

Started by Sandra Craft, March 04, 2016, 02:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Why are so many people suddenly interested in bodily functions and whose facilities are to be used?  I suggest that the French have more sensibly addressed the situation. There are community rest rooms right next door in Quebec that seem to work well enough. Not surprisingly there are almost no AFA members or up tight republicans in Quebec

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 05, 2016, 05:33:50 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/meet-the-liberal-redneck-trae-crowder-679646275769

an interview with him :)

I do so love him -- and he used the word "succinct" in a sentence!  swoon

Quote from: Icarus on May 19, 2016, 05:50:21 AM
Why are so many people suddenly interested in bodily functions and whose facilities are to be used? 

This is what I keep wondering.  Where do these AFA types think transwomen (and for that matter transvestite men) have been going to pee all this time?  Not to the men's room, that's for sure.  So why is this suddenly a big deal?

And then there's this:  short-haired straight woman harassed as trans in Wal-Mart restroom.  She posted on FB about it later -- it seems her hair was short because she'd recently donated it to a group that makes wigs for children with cancer.  Somehow, I think the idiot who berated her will not feel ashamed of herself if she ever reads that post.  As much as that type flogs shame at the rest of us, they rarely feel it themselves.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Pasta Chick

I've been shocked at the number of women I know who have recently said they get called out for being in the women's bathroom all the time. Not trans- women or women who present as androgynous or "butch" either, but women who clearly have breasts and wear make up and are carrying a purse and so forth. It's like people are looking for people to pick on. Exactly how fucking feminine are we supposed to be? Because I don't even pass by some of these standards.

Harmonie

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 05, 2016, 12:21:23 AM
Quote from: Recusant on May 04, 2016, 10:57:10 PM
:thumbsup: Entertaining rant.

The hateful dingbats at AFA aren't just organizing a boycott, though. They're sending brave Christian men to use the women's facilities at Target stores to "test" Target's policies.  "Conservative Group 'Testing' Target By Sending Men To Women's Bathrooms" | TPM LiveWire

Yeah, I've seen that as well and, considering they're most likely also Republicans, they will authentically be the most predatory people in the restroom.

Indeed, but that seems to be their entire selling point. Remember when Mike Huckabee, back when he was running for the Republican presidential candidate nominee made a 'joke' to a crowd that if he was a teenager in today's age he'd totally claim that he's transgender and invade women's spaces, like locker rooms?

Yup, the crowd that claims to care sooo much about the safety of women and children found this old pervert's claim that he would take advantage of it funny.

They want so bad to prove that there are predators out there who will take advantage of this... by doing it themselves.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on May 05, 2016, 03:28:12 PM
I kinda want to end all rants with "And fuck Nancy Grace too" from now on.

I agree wholeheartedly with this comment PC. (And if you don't I think I may make it part of my signature) ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."