News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Michael Reilly on March 08, 2018, 07:23:16 PM
The Punisher on Netflix. I am a huge fan of Marvel (and DC, and Star Trek, and the Expanse, and...) I have been enjoying the sheer, visceral, "No fuck you" of the main character's response to...everything. There is also an element of concern with veterans (of which I am one) in the narrative, which makes it especially poignant for me.

So yeah, if you have the next 43 years free, watch all of the Marvel shows on Netflix (I am still working my way through them), then AGENTS of Shield, than the 13 Marvel movies. And Legion. And the X-Men.

This is a work in progress.

Better watch them before they get taken down. Disney is starting their own streaming service and they won't be renewing their contract with Netflix when it comes up.

I finally finished watching The Grand Tour on Amazon. I actually enjoyed it more than Top Gear. They were able to get away with a lot more than when they were on BBC. The show itself was hilarious and I love the chemistry between Clarkson, Hammond, and May.

Also, my boyfriend will never know, but Hammond is totally my celebrity crush.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Bad Penny II

Currently, over a week.

Shaun the sheep 19:20 to 19:30 daily
Portillo's train shows, why? I don't know, he's...
Travel Man
QI repeats

After imbibing beer:
Various movies
The IT crowd, but only one at a time. Is that anal? ahh fuck Freud anyway.
Flight of the Concords, if I've watched the allotted one episode of the IT Crowd but want more comedy.
American Gods
Westworld
Upstart Crow

Some Aus things that probably wouldn't mean anything to anyone but Bluenose.

I watched a couple of episodes of Knightfall, crappy trying be earnest.
The first episode of the new series of the The Trip To... Spain seemed to fail.

Has anyone ever introduced Icarus to Dara O'Briain?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Just watched, "The theory of everything."

Moving.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

Detectorists
It's one those cute British shows.
On balance it's OK. The genre usually has a couple of normal people living in a village of idiots.
There might be as many as five normals living in a village of idiots, it's fighting the stereotype.

I'm not turning detectorist but an inspiration to get off your butt and get out in the world is good.

They're a couple. She's a school teacher he's an ugly mature aged student with a wandering eye.
You have to suspend your disbelief that she's with him, she doesn't seem to have poor self esteem.

xSilverPhinx

Yesterday I watched Adrift...sad, such a sad movie.  :weepy:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 13, 2018, 12:24:07 AM
Yesterday I watched Adrift...sad, such a sad movie.  :weepy:

Thank you for the warning, I shall avoid it.

This on the other hand is a truly inspiring and by turns funny, sad and horrifying.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on August 13, 2018, 11:26:09 AM

This on the other hand is a truly inspiring and by turns funny, sad and horrifying.

Love that movie.  Was delighted when some little girls dressed up as characters from Hidden Figures for Halloween.

Currently watching "The Rains Came".  Love Myrna Loy.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

jumbojak

I'm watching Santa Shark. Yes, it's as stupid as the title sounds. Shark in a frigging Santa hat terrorizes a waterfront community after being brought to life by a magic pen.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Really good movie, Hidden Figures. :smilenod:

Quote from: jumbojak on August 15, 2018, 03:53:12 AM
I'm watching Santa Shark. Yes, it's as stupid as the title sounds. Shark in a frigging Santa hat terrorizes a waterfront community after being brought to life by a magic pen.

:???:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MariaEvri

I;m watching Top Gear specials. I really don;t care about cars and sometimes I hate one of those guys, but I enjoy watching the show
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

jumbojak

Princess Mononoke, a fantastic animated film. This is the second night in a row.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

The Das Boot TV series, watched a few episodes, not bad.

Bad Penny II

Das Boot was actually quite good.
The Orville is crap.
I liked the new Star Trek discovery.
I find it hard to watch the old Nex Gen with Piccard, they don't seem to age well.

Tank

New episode of Discovery on Friday.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant