News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Good Films.

Started by Tank, October 17, 2015, 10:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Woops, posted in the wrong place.

I think that Dark City (1998) is a really good movie.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

What We Do In The Shadows

QuoteThere he is, probably still a bit upset at seeing his best friend disembowelled by werewolves.

There, I found you, that was pretty full on hey, but this is what happens when you're a vampire.
You have to watch everyone die, your mother and father, your friends, sometimes brutal, like slipping and falling on a giant spike, or falling asleep in an autumn pile of leaves and having some of them block your windpipe, or making the simple mistake of making a mask out of crackles and being attacked by ducks, geese, swans. But even dying of old age is brutal, watching your friends grow old, they can't piss, they say stupid things and their brains go and they can't remember anything, and then one day they can't remember who you are and you wish they were dead and then they do die.  No, if I know Stue, this was probably the way he wanted to go, disembowelled by werewolves, blood and guts sprayed onto the trees, his face torn to shreds, ahh, I hope I made you feel better.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

I've just watched'Oblivion' with Tom Cruise again for the umpteenth time. It's a good little tale and the special effects are excellent without being dominating nor the point of the picture.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Davin on April 18, 2018, 03:27:03 PM
Woops, posted in the wrong place.

I think that Dark City (1998) is a really good movie.

One of my favorite movies.  Really think Rufus Sewell should have become a  bigger name after that one.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on September 03, 2018, 08:14:06 AM
I've just watched'Oblivion' with Tom Cruise again for the umpteenth time. It's a good little tale and the special effects are excellent without being dominating nor the point of the picture.

Edge of Tomorrow was one of those movies I didn't think I'd care for all that much, but ended up really enjoying.  And not just for the many times Tom Cruise dies in it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: Sandra Craft on September 03, 2018, 10:15:53 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 03, 2018, 08:14:06 AM

Edge of Tomorrow was one of those movies I didn't think I'd care for all that much, but ended up really enjoying.  And not just for the many times Tom Cruise dies in it.

:snicker1:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

A friend insisted I watched the Pixar/Disney animation Inside Out, which coincidentally just came to Netflix. I liked how they handled the idea of emotions (personified in this movie) guiding our behaviour, and memories being transformed from recent to long-term. Some more mature themes thrown in for the adults.

All in all, I give it an 8.5/10.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Speaking of Netflix and recent arrivals, The Breakfast Club just arrived.

Tank

Quote from: No one on September 05, 2018, 01:22:13 AM
Speaking of Netflix and recent arrivals, The Breakfast Club just arrived.
I noticed that :)

jumbojak

I just watched Defendor. That one had me in tears and wasn't at all what I would've expected from the trailer. Definitely not a comedy but very good.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Essie Mae

'The Wife' with Glenn Close and Jonathan Pryce. Just didn't do it for me at all. There was just no chemistry between the younger Joan and Joseph. It beggared belief that she would fall for such a pompous, whining, philandering loser. That said, Close and Pryce were brilliant as was Christian Slater. I'd still recommend it and I bet Close is nominated for an Oscar.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

No one

Anne D.

Goodfellas. So much fun.

Also Tootsie. Makes me cry every time.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 10, 2018, 06:08:04 AM
I just watched Defendor. That one had me in tears and wasn't at all what I would've expected from the trailer. Definitely not a comedy but very good.

Watched the trailer and now want to watch the movie.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

I think Defendor comes under the heading of anti-hero as well.