News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 20, 2017, 11:48:23 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on November 20, 2017, 01:30:05 PM

What the hell is going on.

I want some answers dang it!

It's the Apocalypse.  The dead are arriving on Friday.   :zombie:

I think you are correct Books. As it is all of the signs seem to be pointing in that direction...apparently in Australia the damn kats are killing everything in preparation for the coming apocalypse.

Cats are killing everything in Australia, and nobody knows what to do!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Windy thunderstorms all day long. Meanwhile, cats kats are wreaking havoc downunder, truly 'tis foreshadowing the coming apocalypse.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 21, 2017, 02:24:52 PM
Cats are killing everything in Australia, and nobody knows what to do!

Yeah, people keep complaining about the cats killing all the native songbirds here too.  While I agree kitties should be indoor, the songbirds really aren't any safer.  The Four Raptors of the Apocalypse -- buzzards, falcons, hawks and crows -- are still around and hungry as ever.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Harmonie

Today was pretty nice. I don't think it made it out of the 50s. Of course, that should be the norm for November, but it's still wanting to climb up into the upper 60s and into the 70s.

It's supposed to get down in the mid to low 20s tonight!

Driving into work this morning the temperature was in the mid 30's, and it is expected to get up around 50 degrees during the afternoon. Nice autumn day here in Michigan.

Yesterday however. I was raking leaves while it snowed.

My neighbor was out walking his dog and said this very thing to me, "Hey Bruno, you know it's snowing right"?

I'm like, "Yeah, but I need to get these fucking leaves raked, if not now, if not today when"?

Thursday is Thanksgiving for crying out loud.

Michigan sounds nice. I want to live there!

I had a dream the other night where I was going to the University of Michigan. That's never going to happen, but I can dream... Literally. =P

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 21, 2017, 10:39:28 PM
Windy thunderstorms all day long. Meanwhile, cats kats are wreaking havoc downunder, truly 'tis foreshadowing the coming apocalypse.

Ye cats, but don't forget cane toads and foxes and rabbits and and and.
Damn interlopers, I know if I were a bird I'd rather be eaten by a tiger quoll.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Harmonie on November 22, 2017, 01:17:09 AM
Today was pretty nice. I don't think it made it out of the 50s. Of course, that should be the norm for November, but it's still wanting to climb up into the upper 60s and into the 70s.

It's supposed to get down in the mid to low 20s tonight!

Driving into work this morning the temperature was in the mid 30's, and it is expected to get up around 50 degrees during the afternoon. Nice autumn day here in Michigan.

Yesterday however. I was raking leaves while it snowed.

My neighbor was out walking his dog and said this very thing to me, "Hey Bruno, you know it's snowing right"?

I'm like, "Yeah, but I need to get these fucking leaves raked, if not now, if not today when"?

Thursday is Thanksgiving for crying out loud.

Michigan sounds nice. I want to live there!

I had a dream the other night where I was going to the University of Michigan. That's never going to happen, but I can dream... Literally. =P

Michigan is nice, and I love the four seasons, especially fall and winter, but I get crazy when the two get mixed up together. You wake up and it's 50 degrees outside, and later that night you are shoveling a foot of snow. ::)

I live just 30 minutes outside Ann Arbor, where the U of M campus is. Very nice city. My sister lives there, and we spend a lot of time there, especially during the summer months as it is a great place to walk and bike. Lots of good restaurants, bars, coffee shops and bookstores.

It's a bit crazy when there is a football game going on though...but fun.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Guardian85

So we just had our first winter storm of the season.
Had no power for most of yesterday, but luckily it has blown over.
Video under shows the difference between how a storm is reported in the south of Norway  compared to in the north:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gFcDjew4hM
Note the "storm" conditions in the south, compared to the "bit of weather" up north.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Harmonie

It nearly got up 80 today. *sigh*

Sighing is all I can do at this point anymore.

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 22, 2017, 02:45:22 PM
Michigan is nice, and I love the four seasons, especially fall and winter, but I get crazy when the two get mixed up together. You wake up and it's 50 degrees outside, and later that night you are shoveling a foot of snow. ::)

I live just 30 minutes outside Ann Arbor, where the U of M campus is. Very nice city. My sister lives there, and we spend a lot of time there, especially during the summer months as it is a great place to walk and bike. Lots of good restaurants, bars, coffee shops and bookstores.

It's a bit crazy when there is a football game going on though...but fun.

You would be driven quite thoroughly crazy in Oklahoma. I have seen it get up into the 80s during the day and snow that night. I have also seen the Western part of the state go from 90 degrees to ice storm conditions in under 48 hours.

Anyway, all of my jealousy. U of M holds a special place for me for reasons that would be very off-topic here.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Velma

The weather here in the St. Louis, Missouri area was wonderful Friday. The high was 73 F. Highly unusual for this time of year. Saturday will be a bit cooler with a high of 59 F, but still warm for this time of year.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

It's snowing - four hours earlier than forecast! Settling on roofs and cars only so far.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Lucky Tank!  We had heavy snow Friday, yesterday and today.  We can't get our car out and are not up to walking far in deep snow.
We just hope we have enough decent food in!

Dave

I have my super thick fluffy lined rubber snow boots with the strap-on stud thingies on standby. Plus stop-touts or even waterproof trousers if it gets really thick.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: OldGit on December 10, 2017, 09:52:17 AM
Lucky Tank!  We had heavy snow yesterday and today.  We can't get our car out and are not up to walking far in deep snow.
We just hope we have enough decent food in!

Sounds interesting. :popcorn:

Though hopefully not too interesting! :worried:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.