News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

A case for justifiable homicide if I've ever heard one.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ali

Just got my new glasses. Ugh, you guys. My eyes are terrible. I started wearing glasses when I wan 10, and the sitch has only gotten worse since. But I have been wearing contacts since I was 10, because vain Ali refused to wear the glasses that she needed. At my last eye dr visit, my eye dr noted that I am starting to have a problem with overusing my contacts that's causing blood vessels to grow where they shouldn't. The thing to do? Wear my glasses a lot more. So here they are. Planning on wearing them to work tomorrow instead of my contacts. Sad bespeckled Ali. :(

https://imgur.com/a/bY8Xv

Firebird

Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2017, 04:39:36 AM
So here they are. Planning on wearing them to work tomorrow instead of my contacts. Sad bespeckled Ali. :(

https://imgur.com/a/bY8Xv
I'm sure you'd look fine in glasses, though those are...how do I say it...not my kind of style  ;D

Ever consider just taking the plunge with Lasik? I'm in the same boat, terrible eyesight and wearing contacts most of the time, but I've been too chickenshit to get them zapped because of the occasional horror story you hear. But I'm strongly considering it more now because I'm tired of dealing with contacts/glasses, especially when traveling.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Claireliontamer

Hey, glasses are what all the cool kids wear :)

Arturo

Oh yeah? Well I've been wearing glasses since I was 7! And I never had contacts! Meanwhile my cousin's all got contacts and I'm just sitting here with the same pair of glasses for 3 years
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Quote from: jumbojak on June 19, 2017, 07:23:50 PM
Quote from: Davin on June 19, 2017, 04:18:20 PM
My treadmill broke. I was going fine, then one day it stopped moving while going 10 MPH and then it started smoking. Might still be under warranty, but they'll probably just send me a new motor that I'll have to install myself. Treadmills and me don't seem to get along very well. They don't last too long. And I'm not going out jogging in this heat, I did that a few years ago and it's hotter now.

Treadmill motors are usually pretty tough. How many have you burned up?
Well, the first one I got was cheap so I didn't expect it to last long if I used it. I got a cheap one because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something I might not use. But I eventually got up to using it daily. Then the frame started to bend.

So I got a slightly more expensive treadmill. It was supposed to be great for it's price, but after just over a year, the tread started stopping mid stride. And the repair for that was going to be more than I spent on it.

So then I did more research this time and got a pretty good one. And it was fine for almost a year. Then the motor started to smoke. So only this last one am I having a problem with the motor.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ali

Whatever FB. My glasses are lit! For glasses.  ;D

I've thought about LASIK, but never actually pursued it because of the cost. Is it still thousands of dollars? You'd think eventually some insurance provider would wise up that I'm costing them more than that over a lifetime of contacts and glasses, but then again I guess then I wouldn't necessarily need vision insurance.

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 20, 2017, 09:50:35 AM
Hey, glasses are what all the cool kids wear :)
Mr Ali says now I'm "nerd hot" which is not "hot for a nerd" but just a different style of "hot." So I guess us cool kids can be "nerd hot" together.

Claireliontamer

Firebird

I already live with "nerd hot"  ;D
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Firebird

To actually answer your question, yes it's still thousands (I think 2k per eye?). Though you can use an FSA account to deduct part of it off your taxes if your employer offers that.

hermes2015

Quote from: Gloucester on June 20, 2017, 06:16:04 PM
Bugger wrong thread!

Are you referring to screw or bolt thread? What are you doing? Not sewing, I assume.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 20, 2017, 07:32:13 PM
Bugger wrong thread!

Are you referring to screw or bolt thread? What are you doing? Not sewing, I assume.
:lol:
No, I was fighting Imgur to get an image posted and had to back-arrow to where I thought I was, but I wasn't . . .er, you know?

Too hot, busy day, tired, another tomorrow, yawn.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Gloucester on June 20, 2017, 07:44:50 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on June 20, 2017, 07:32:13 PM
Bugger wrong thread!

:lol:
No, I was fighting Imgur to get an image posted and had to back-arrow to where I thought I was, but I wasn't . . .er, you know?

Oh, that kind of thread. Enjoy summer while it lasts.

Too hot, busy day, tired, another tomorrow, yawn.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Ali, Girls with glasses are sexy not nerdy.