News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: joeactor on June 28, 2017, 08:20:09 PM
I do some guided imagery to reduce stress and generally relax... related to meditation.

I think exercise can also be meditative.

Is not tai chi a form of meditation of practiced properly? Used to do a kind of meditation where you concentrate on the world without and your links to it, your senses and sensations, then gradually shutting them down yet never losing the link at a subconcious level. Part of a "practical philosophy" course that was equal parts bunkum and common sense.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

Quote from: Gloucester on June 28, 2017, 08:29:35 PM
Quote from: joeactor on June 28, 2017, 08:20:09 PM
I do some guided imagery to reduce stress and generally relax... related to meditation.

I think exercise can also be meditative.

Is not tai chi a form of meditation of practiced properly? Used to do a kind of meditation where you concentrate on the world without and your links to it, your senses and sensations, then gradually shutting them down yet never losing the link at a subconcious level. Part of a "practical philosophy" course that was equal parts bunkum and common sense.

I did a bit of tai chi too... Should get back to that. It was excellent for my balance. I think it has meditative elements from focusing on "chi" and channeling it.

Icarus

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Icarus on June 29, 2017, 10:47:54 PM
I stumbled across this set of pictures to remind me never to cause a group of women to become pissed off.  https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/06/28/female-kurdish-sniper-laughs-at-isis-fighter-after-a-bullet-misss-her-head-by-inches-syria/23006746/#slide=5697288#fullscreen

I watched a documentary recently about that battalion of women. Incredible people.

No one

Sandra Craft

^^^
:rofl: :frolic: :grin:

Altho, to be honest, I did think the bride's dress was very pretty.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

really fun thing by some German chicks who are beyond merely talented. They are also creative and funny.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKezUd_xw20

there are a bunch more you tube bits by this group. Enjoy.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

joeactor

Icarus

^^  Hilarious. .... How pleasing to see that we so not always see ourselves too seriously.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Icarus

This lady is Brazilian so naturally I thought of xSP.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBbRTRBY4D4  This is clean fun.