News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 22, 2015, 04:30:46 PM

Please enjoy, and get your own Squatty Potty!
[/youtube]

Is that The White Unicorn? Bless her holy hooves and the sound she makes! Goodness gracious!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 22, 2015, 04:30:46 PM
The one above with Shia Lebeoff appears to be a screen test, I wonder what for, anyway I do like it when he strikes "The Pose".

I despise Trump,a horrible man, I really can't imagine him as president...he himself is a Weiner. (Strange, auto-correct made me capitalize weiner?)

Here's a strange, odd video that my daughter sent me (She is a Nutritional Therapist or as I sometimes call her the "Nutrition-Nazi")

Why did my wonderful daughter send me this video you ask?
Because you see the product they are actually selling in the video, "The Squatty Potty", is a real thing, and she wants her mother and I to have one. [Link removed per member request. -- R]

Please enjoy, and get your own Squatty Potty!

Effective ad campaign - I bought one!
(squat, squat, squat...)

[Edited per member request. -- R]

Biggus Dickus

My daughter is one of the smartest, if not the most intelligent persons I know (She is also extremely kind, funny and probably the most organized person you could meet).

She received her BA in Chemistry from Kalamazoo College. Studied abroad one year at Curtin University of Technology in Australia, where she also spent 3 months at the Ningaloo Turtle Program in Exmouth where she studied and monitored marine turtle nests, eggs, and tracks as well as rescued beached turtles.

She completed her undergraduate thesis paper while conducting an independent research project performed under Dr. George Garcia at the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy where she constructed a reporter plasmid for the detection of virB promoter activation through the use of a β-galactosidase assay.

She spent another year studying Anthropology and Health Services at the University of Missouri.

So Crow, the next time you even entertain the idea of calling my daughter a quack you better hope I'm not standing in the same room as you because I'll knock your fucking head off it's shoulders.

Got it?

Fucking asshole.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Crow

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 22, 2015, 06:17:28 PM
So Crow, the next time you even entertain the idea of calling my daughter a quack you better hope I'm not standing in the same room as you because I'll knock your fucking head off it's shoulders.

Got it?

Fucking asshole.

Nutritionist = quack.
Dietician = slightly lesser quack.

Unless you are a biochemist doing active research into epidemiology such a Richard Peto and T. Colin Campbell you pretty much aren't qualified to be giving dietary advice in relevance to health be that physically or mentally. A nutritionist isn't required to have any degree or tests, and a dietician only has to show they know the basics. Essentially a nutritionist is the epidemiology equivalent of Dr Dre to medicine.
Retired member.

Magdalena

Got it?

Fucking asshole.
Bruno de la Pole, it's amazing, isn't it? When someone makes a comment like that about our kids, this happens to us:

...Times ten.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Crow on October 22, 2015, 07:21:15 PM

Got it?

Fucking asshole.

Nutritionist = quack.
Dietician = slightly lesser quack.

Unless you are a biochemist doing active research into epidemiology such a Richard Peto and T. Colin Campbell you pretty much aren't qualified to be giving dietary advice in relevance to health be that physically or mentally. A nutritionist isn't required to have any degree or tests, and a dietician only has to show they know the basics. Essentially a nutritionist is the epidemiology equivalent of Dr Dre to medicine.

Not sure where you get your information fuck-wad, my daughter is certified and licensed, you pathetic little piece of excrement. Certainly the doctor she works for thinks she is qualified to do the work she does for him, you sick twisted lump of slime.

So brave aren't you Crow, hiding behind the keyboard, down deep in your parents basement, still living at home, still unloved...pathetic really.

I mean living your life within the confines of a search engine on the internet, never really getting out and doing anything in the world; you want everyone to think you know so much, but in reality you know nothing, because you are nothing...this would explain why you never share anything here at HAF wouldn't it?

Most physical, rewarding thing you've probably ever done in your life is beat your previous day's record for masturbating.

Congratulations you little bugger, your mum must be so proud of you.

Crow

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 22, 2015, 09:52:28 PM
Not sure where you get your information fuck-wad, my daughter is certified and licensed, you pathetic little piece of excrement. Certainly the doctor she works for thinks she is qualified to do the work she does for him, you sick twisted lump of slime.

So brave aren't you Crow, hiding behind the keyboard, down deep in your parents basement, still living at home, still unloved...pathetic really.

I mean living your life within the confines of a search engine on the internet, never really getting out and doing anything in the world; you want everyone to think you know so much, but in reality you know nothing, because you are nothing...this would explain why you never share anything here at HAF wouldn't it?

Most physical, rewarding thing you've probably ever done in your life is beat your previous day's record for masturbating.

Congratulations you little bugger, your mum must be so proud of you.

Temper temper Bruno. Such a funny man.

I can become a nutritionist I don't need qualifications nor do I need to be certified. Being a certified nutritionist doesn't exist, if there are certifications they aren't medically or scientifically recognised. If somebody was to get certified in the field of nutrition it would be a registered dietician (not a quack) or a doctorate studying biology and/or chemistry which is a totally different thing. A nutritionist is similar to homoeopathy or astrology. I would suggest you actually check if she is a registered dietician rather than a nutritionist because you wont get others flagging it up especially on an atheist forum where interest in science is more than the average. Why do I know this well it doesn't matter you have already made up your mind on what I am but you couldn't be more wrong but t gave me a chuckle.
Retired member.

Tank

Crow pack it up.

Insult a person's kid and frankly you're either a) Stupid or b) Trolling. We have lots of evidence that you're not stupid which means you are trolling.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on October 23, 2015, 06:58:37 AM
Crow pack it up.

Insult a person's kid and frankly you're either a) Stupid or b) Trolling. We have lots of evidence that you're not stupid which means you are trolling.

Well yes and no, it started as light banter on something I was sure that most people would be aware of nutritionists perception in science, one that I particularly have an issue with especially the self styled youtube nutritionists that talk utter nonsense and recommended a rejection of well tested medicine in favour of the products they are advertising at over inflated prices and distort legitimate epidemiology research to fit their own narrative. A nutritionist is a quack and I will never back down from that but Brunos daughter is an RD (though would be over qualified for the position) at a minimum as that is a legal requirement to work in the medical field but a slight difference in the UK to the US is that nutritionist is often used as a job title for an RD in the US but avoided like the plague over here due to its associations, which I should have looked up before I said anything and If I knew that would probably have said different. If you told me your daughter was a fortune teller I would have also called her a quack and not expect the term to be used as a job title for a meteorologist in another country.
Retired member.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Siz

Oooh, that was so very close to being an apology...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

I think we need a 'sin bin' user group that can only post in Religion and Creationism. We could send offenders there for 7 or 14 days.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on October 23, 2015, 07:16:23 PM
I think we need a 'sin bin' user group that can only post in Religion and Creationism. We could send offenders there for 7 or 14 days.

Oh! You mean like the solitary confinement area of a county jail? Like the GIF playpen idea where users and abusers voluntarily quarantined themselves for eternity? Cruel punishment,  :notsure: ...Sure, let's do that.  :smilenod:

Insoluble

Got it?

Fucking asshole.

Nice post Bruno.
There's something basicly wrong with people.
I welcome the coming of the machine.
Probably nobody has ever made such a blatant physical threat on the forum.
Did you really think your daughter needed defending with violence?
You probably should get one of those stress releaving squeeze toys.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Insoluble on October 24, 2015, 03:38:35 PM

Got it?

Fucking asshole.

Nice post Bruno.
There's something basicly wrong with people.
I welcome the coming of the machine.
Probably nobody has ever made such a blatant physical threat on the forum.
Did you really think your daughter needed defending with violence?
You probably should get one of those stress releaving squeeze toys.