News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Quote from: Icarus on December 25, 2014, 11:19:35 PM
Here is one that grabbed me because it contains some philosophic as well as scientific commentary. Richard Feynman is one of my heroes. He is a genius and a Jewish Atheist physicist who is a fun guy.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0r930Sn_8

Very smart. Very detailed.
... and just a little cranky :-)

Definitely did some groundbreaking work.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

OldGit

Excellent.  If only the faithheads would listen for a moment.

Magdalena

Quote from: OldGit on December 27, 2014, 08:17:16 PM
Excellent.  If only the faithheads would listen for a moment.
Well....they would still have Gerry--the scientist. ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Quote from: Magdalena on December 27, 2014, 06:22:06 PM
No one would notice if I left.  ::) --But that's OK.  :D

Mags....Please.....A lot of  good people would notice if you left. I will be at the front of the line of people who noticed.

I have seen the video before but I did watch it again. If only the fundies would take note....(sigh).  They wont!

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on December 28, 2014, 01:18:26 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 27, 2014, 06:22:06 PM
No one would notice if I left.  ::) --But that's OK.  :D

Mags....Please.....A lot of  good people would notice if you left. I will be at the front of the line of people who noticed.

I have seen the video before but I did watch it again. If only the fundies would take note....(sigh).  They wont!
You're so sweet Icarus. :-*
If you were in line, I'd be standing close to you breathing down your neck, and you would probably turn and say to me, "I think you're attracted to me and I am flattered, I'm also attracted to you, may I give you a kiss?"...You would extend your arms as if to embrace me, hoping I back off...but wouldn't, I would just stand there and extend my arms as well.  :D 

OldGit

Would you do that for me?  I'll buy a plane ticket.

Magdalena

Quote from: OldGit on December 28, 2014, 10:14:41 AM
Would you do that for me?  I'll buy a plane ticket.
Yes!  :-*
With you OldGit, there's no need to flirt that much, it would be an honor to be able to hug you.
At what time should I pick you up at the airport?  :D   You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the lemons.  :)

OldGit

Nice dream, but Mrs Git would kill me. :'(  It was a very kind thought though, Mags.  Thank you.

Magdalena

Quote from: OldGit on December 29, 2014, 06:28:37 PM
Nice dream, but Mrs Git would kill me. :'(  It was a very kind thought though, Mags.  Thank you.
Fine!  >:( Leave her the whiskey bottle if she loves it that much!
I'll go over there and I'll bring my husband's tequila bottle, and you bring the lemons.  ;D

~Never mind, he really loves that bottle.  :(
Oh, well, we tried OldGit...we tried, the FSM knows we really tried. ;D

Biggus Dickus

The Jungle Book - I wanna be like you

(Especially about the 3:02 mark)

Now I'm the king of the swingers
Oh, the jungle VIP
I've reached the top and had to stop
And that's what botherin' me
I wanna be a man, mancub
And stroll right into town
And be just like the other men
I'm tired of monkeyin' around!

Oh, oobee doo
I wanna be like you
I wanna walk like you
Talk like you, too
You'll see it's true
An ape like me
Can learn to be human too

( Gee, cousin Louie
You're doin' real good

Now here's your part of the deal, cuz
Lay the secret on me of man's red fire

But I don't know how to make fire )

Now don't try to kid me, mancub
I made a deal with you
What I desire is man's red fire
To make my dream come true
Now give me the secret, mancub
Cmon clue me what to do
Give me the power of man's red flower
So I can be like you

You!
I wanna be like you
I wanna talk like you
Walk like you, too
You'll see it's true
Someone like me
Can learn to be
Like someone like me
Can learn to be
Like someone like you
Can learn to be
Like someone like me!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

Buddy

I have this on an infinite loop while I write my speech.

And because I can never resist making fun of Donald trump

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

The one above with Shia Lebeoff appears to be a screen test, I wonder what for, anyway I do like it when he strikes "The Pose".

I despise Trump,a horrible man, I really can't imagine him as president...he himself is a Weiner. (Strange, auto-correct made me capitalize weiner?)

Here's a strange, odd video that my daughter sent me (She is a Nutritional Therapist or as I sometimes call her the "Nutrition-Nazi")

Why did my wonderful daughter send me this video you ask?
Because you see the product they are actually selling in the video, "The Squatty Potty", is a real thing, and she wants her mother and I to have one.
Here is her take on the Importance of Pooping Posture.

Please enjoy, and get your own Squatty Potty!
[youtube width=600]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8KpO8sI8Mg[/youtube]
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Crow

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 22, 2015, 04:30:46 PM
Here's a strange, odd video that my daughter sent me (She is a Nutritional Therapist or as I sometimes call her the "Nutrition-Nazi")

Why did my wonderful daughter send me this video you ask?
Because you see the product they are actually selling in the video, "The Squatty Potty", is a real thing, and she wants her mother and I to have one. [Link Removed per member request. -- R]

Please enjoy, and get your own Squatty Potty!

Poor Bruno, I'm sorry that your daughter turned out to be a quack. Could you not persuade her to become a Nutritional Biochemistic and research and study epidemiology legitimately.

Hippies and their bloody squatting, you would have thought they would have travelled and seen the majority of the world already uses squat based toilets.

[Edited per member request. -- R]
Retired member.