News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Crow on June 14, 2012, 11:45:50 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 10, 2012, 04:41:51 AM
For my private amusement, I'm working on a dead pool -- guessing who dies when, how and by whose hand.  So far I haven't been guessing too well on that, since I had Maester Luwin living to the end of the series and Joffrey dying in the riot.

What are your guesses?

Well, my guessing here is very random and the how and by who tend to be where the amusement comes in:

Tywin Lannister.  As much as I hate to lose Charles Dance, I'm guessing he goes early in season 3.  I'm thinking he dies of a massive stroke when Tyrion tells him that his (Tywin's) wife faked her own death, and is the woman Ned Stark had an affair with during Robert's Rebellion, making her Jon Snow's mother.

Robb Stark.  I'm thinking he dies soon too (I'm getting tired of him).  I have him either killed by Ygritte when she mistakes him for Jon Snow, or tripping and falling on Theon's sword in some way that manages to impale them both.

Dany.  She survives to the very end of the series when she's accidently set on fire by one of her dragons.  (I may have to rethink that one in that she seems to be immune to dragon fire as well as regular fire).

Joffrey.  He has to die soon because I can't stand him another second.  I don't care how it happens just as long as it happens.

The Hound.  Drinks himself to death at the beginning of season 5 after stalking Sansa all thru seasons 3 and 4.

Cersai.  I'd like her to die soon too, but I have the feeling she'll outlast everyone.  Damn it.

Jaime Lannister and Brienne.  They become mismatched lovers and either end up the King and Queen of the 7 kingdoms, or they become the leaders of an army and die early in season 4 while fighting zombies.  In any case, mismatched lovers -- I really want to see that.

That's all I've got right now.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crow

haha you got 4 and a half correct, rather impressive. Though miles away on the hows.
Retired member.

Ali

Hahahaha BCE.  I love:

QuoteJoffrey.  He has to die soon because I can't stand him another second.  I don't care how it happens just as long as it happens.

Hmmm, okay, my predictions for who dies and how:

Shae - Varys kills her "for the good of the realm" driving Tyrion to madness (and possibly inducing him to kill Cersai and/or Joffrey since he thinks it was at Cersai's command.)

Cersai - see above.

Sam (can't remember his last name - Jon Snow's fat craven friend) - Killed by White Walkers while doing something uncharacteristically brave, showing that he wasn't so craven after all.  Cements Jon's allegiance with the Wildlings (the enemy of my enemy....)

Littlefinger - killed or at the very least stabbed by Caitlyn Stark just because that's a good way to end an episode.  Can't you picture it?  Littlefinger on the ground dripping in blood, Caitlin standing over him with a dagger in her hand, hair all crazy and messed up from the struggle, determined look on her face, cut to black and start the somber end music.

Stannis - Killed by....I don't really care who.  He's another one that I'm just happy to see gone. 

Shaggydog - because it's symbolic to keep killing off the Stark wolves, and Shaggydog is the one we have the least emotional connection to.  Previews will show a wolf being killed, and we'll be anxious thinking that it's Nymeria or Summer Wind, and then secretly glad when it turns out that it's just Shaggydog.

Crow

ooo Ali not as good you only got 1, though its by the same person who gets one on BCE's list and is well good.
Retired member.

Ali

So it's gotta be Cersai or Joffery....  :-X

Crow

Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Crow on June 14, 2012, 07:22:23 PM
Quote from: Ali on June 14, 2012, 06:21:39 PM
So it's gotta be Cersai or Joffery....  :-X

You better get reading.

Oh, please please please please let it be Joffrey!  I can put up with Cersai if I have to -- I don't like it, but I can do it -- but I just can't stomach Joffrey any more.

Quote from: Crow on June 14, 2012, 04:08:52 PM
haha you got 4 and a half correct, rather impressive. Though miles away on the hows.

Yeah, I was just playing with the hows.  But can you at least tell me which of the double guesses was half right?  And if Jaime and Brienne really end up together, at least once (the man needs more variety in his life than just his own sister).  Throw me a bone!

Quote from: Ali on June 14, 2012, 04:33:15 PM
Shae - Varys kills her "for the good of the realm" driving Tyrion to madness (and possibly inducing him to kill Cersai and/or Joffrey since he thinks it was at Cersai's command.)

Hmmm, I don't care for the Shae killing part (I want her going back to Pentos and finally persuading Tryion to go with her) but I love the Cersai/Joffrey double killing.

QuoteLittlefinger - killed or at the very least stabbed by Caitlyn Stark just because that's a good way to end an episode.  Can't you picture it?  Littlefinger on the ground dripping in blood, Caitlin standing over him with a dagger in her hand, hair all crazy and messed up from the struggle, determined look on her face, cut to black and start the somber end music.

This is wonderful.  I have trouble remembering Littlefinger when he's not on the screen, but the scene you've described is fantastic.

QuoteStannis - Killed by....I don't really care who.  He's another one that I'm just happy to see gone.

Don't know how I forgot Stannis, I hate him nearly as much as Joffrey and even more than Cersai!   Sadly, he's another one who'll probably last and last and last, probably end up married to that damn Cersai too.  If I had my way, Stannis and Lord Greyjoy would secretly poison each other in the first episode of season 3 while pretending to negotiate an alliegance.

QuoteShaggydog - because it's symbolic to keep killing off the Stark wolves, and Shaggydog is the one we have the least emotional connection to.  Previews will show a wolf being killed, and we'll be anxious thinking that it's Nymeria or Summer Wind, and then secretly glad when it turns out that it's just Shaggydog.

Awww, I'll still be sad if it's Shaggydog, even if I don't know which one he is.  Is he darker or lighter than Summer Wind?  And what's the name of Robb's wolf?
Sandy

Crow

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 15, 2012, 03:09:59 AM

Quote from: Crow on June 14, 2012, 04:08:52 PM

Yeah, I was just playing with the hows.  But can you at least tell me which of the double guesses was half right?  And if Jaime and Brienne really end up together, at least once (the man needs more variety in his life than just his own sister).  Throw me a bone!

Its a bit more difficult than that, they both want each other and save each others life more than a few times but you will really dislike Lady Stoneheart. And she appears to Jamie in the most recent book and asks him to join her again and he does buts that's all that is known.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ali on May 28, 2012, 04:53:08 PM
Oh, do you want to hear my pet theory about Jon Snow?  Please keep in mind that this is only my theory (not something revealed yet in the books or anything like that) but I don't think he's really Ned Stark's son! I don't remember how much they fleshed out the story of Jon's arrival to Winterfell in the show, and I'm pretty sure that they've said next to nothing about Lyanna (Ned's sister) in the show, so the show may never go into this even if I'm right, but I think that Jon Snow is actually Lyanna's son, conceived when Lyanna was taken by Rhaegar (Danerys' older brother) which would mean that Jon Snow and Danerys are related.  You need to read the books so that we can speculate about this together!!!  ;D

Since the first book I also got the impression that Jon Snow wasn't Ned Stark's son! Though I also had the nagging feeling that he was Robert Baratheon's, made stronger by Stark's secrecy and unwillingness to talk about his mother. That was till before sending Jon to the Wall Ned told him that even though he didn't have his name, he had his blood so I think that your theory is quite possible. Not too sure about the Targaryean, though. They talk alot about physical characteristics associated with the Houses, which is what started to put Joff's lineage into doubt in the first place. Targaryens are more silvery blond whereas Baratheons have a darker compexion. Maybe Robert's and Lyanna's?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 29, 2012, 03:22:09 PM
That Masked Lady from Quarth -- when she refers to Jorah having betrayed Dany before, is she being cryptic or did I miss something?  I don't recall Jorah ever betraying his Khaleesi.

Me too, I was wondering when that betrayal happened. ??? Maybe it'll show in later books when it comes back to haunt Jorah in some way?

Edited to add: nevermind, Crown mentioned it ;D Why was he selling info to Westros? Was it a good intentioned thing gone wrong or was he trying to find a way - any way - to get his lands back, even if it meant betraying Daenerys and cementing an alliance with whoever?

Anyways, What about the character Jaqen H'ghar? Is there any characther smoother and cooler than that? ;D

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 15, 2012, 05:24:39 PM
Why was he selling info to Westros? Was it a good intentioned thing gone wrong or was he trying to find a way - any way - to get his lands back, even if it meant betraying Daenerys and cementing an alliance with whoever?

Because Eddard Stark ordered his death or (something similar) for being a slave trader but he escaped across the water, thus making him an outlaw and he wanted to get back in favor so he could go home. Daenerys was just a young girl at the time with no money, no ships, an army that was scared of water, and would no doubt leave her if Drogo died (as they did).

If you can remember in the series he receives a pardon which gives him suspicion of the wine merchant. That's basically highlighting they had no use for him any more and they were going to try and kill Daenerys.
Retired member.

Ali

Anyways, What about the character Jaqen H'ghar? Is there any characther smoother and cooler than that? ;D

Agreed.  I like the way he talks "A man would...." and I like his hair.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on June 15, 2012, 09:01:19 PM

Well, it's not his hair any more, and his face isn't as pretty either.  It's a shame, that -- I liked the way he looked as Jaqen too.  I wonder if the Faceless Men can change appearance to the extent of changing (or appearing to change) gender?  That'd be quite the party trick!
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 16, 2012, 05:15:19 AM
Quote from: Ali on June 15, 2012, 09:01:19 PM

Well, it's not his hair any more, and his face isn't as pretty either.  It's a shame, that -- I liked the way he looked as Jaqen too.  I wonder if the Faceless Men can change appearance to the extent of changing (or appearing to change) gender?  That'd be quite the party trick!

Yeah, I just reached that part in the book, when he "dies" as Jaqen. Is he a king? When Arya was questioning him before she named him as the third death, she made it sound as if he was ???

Quote from: Crow on June 15, 2012, 08:50:48 PM
Why was he selling info to Westros? Was it a good intentioned thing gone wrong or was he trying to find a way - any way - to get his lands back, even if it meant betraying Daenerys and cementing an alliance with whoever?

Because Eddard Stark ordered his death or (something similar) for being a slave trader but he escaped across the water, thus making him an outlaw and he wanted to get back in favor so he could go home. Daenerys was just a young girl at the time with no money, no ships, an army that was scared of water, and would no doubt leave her if Drogo died (as they did).

If you can remember in the series he receives a pardon which gives him suspicion of the wine merchant. That's basically highlighting they had no use for him any more and they were going to try and kill Daenerys.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I remember the bit about Ned Stark but overlooked the part with the wine merchant.

Ali